Zack Ryder vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Cody Rhodes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Out of these three, which one is most likely to get a upper midcard/main event push? Ryder, Ziggler, or Rhodes. Here are my three explanations and critiques of the three.

Ryder:

After being an Edgehead with Curt Hawkins for years, Ryder was repackaged into an annoying heel. His catch phrases "Woo, woo, woo" and "You know it" are great for the fans to turn into something like "Boo, boo, boo" or "We don't want to know it". Since Ryder is beginning to get signs like that, I believe it is time for him to go into the title picture with R-Truth. The fans are beginning to notice him and he is beginning to get some heat. He did fail to win the ECW Championship as I wanted, but I don't think he had enough good feud time. Being around the divas I think is holding him back a bit. Ryder is alright in the ring, he hasn't been bad or extremely good so he is kind of average. If he improves in this area like The Miz did he could probably actually win the US Title.

Ziggler:

He's good in the ring sometimes, but other times he can bore me to sleep. Back in the summer of last year when he was feuding with Rey Mysterio I thought he had the potential to actually win the title at Summerslam. After that pointless and worthless feud for Ziggler, things began to even go more downhill with the Maria storyline and shit. He went back into being a jobber until his feud with Khali, which was a giant clusterfuck. He can take down Khali with a sleeper but he can't beat Rey Mysterio out of about 3 shots. Now, he has another good shot for a title with this Vickie storyline but I think it will be pointless once again. He hasn't had a lot of good mic time and he hasn't gotten notorious for anything but a boring Sleeper Hold. I see something, somewhere, but WWE hasn't opened that gateway yet.

Rhodes:

Being son of Dusty Rhodes and going into the ruling faction of Raw, you would think that Cody Rhodes would have held a singles title by now. To me, he's just too plain and bland. He has that overly pissed and FML look on his face all the time and that always keeps me from taking him seriously. He doesn't look interested at all. I don't know if he's just lazy or playing the lazy game really well. Anyway, in the ring, Rhodes is actually one of the best midcarders in WWE right now. His match with John Morrison a few Smackdowns ago made him look like gold in the ring. All he needs is to improve on the mic and, apparently, his lisp won't bother a Intercontinental Championship shot against Kingston.

Out of these three, I would have to chose Zack Ryder for a title push. What about you?

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Right now, I would say Dolph on Smackdown and Zack on Raw are getting the same push. Cody needs more of a gimmick.

Reaction score
^^ Code has revealed a gimmick on SS a few weeks back - The common man.

Zack: I think he could be a good contender for either the IC or US Championship, but he's far off a World title shot. If I was WWE creative, I'd seriously consider changing his gimmick because he's been laughed at so much over the years that it's hard to take him somewhat seriously anymore.

Dolph: WWE really missed the dartboard here. Dolph was soooo close to being in the main events last year, but failed. I'm saddenend that Dolph is now down to facing Christian and Hornswoggle now considering last year he was having fantastic matches with Mysterio. Shame that WWE missed out.

Rhodes: His best days are clearly in the future. Rhodes is abit bland and we've seen that he has hardly any charisma but he does have some good wrestling skills. I don't think we've seen the best of him quite yet & I hope not because except for the feud in Legacy, we've not seen him do much else which is a shame. I hoped that Rhodes would receive a push after his move to SD; I was wrong.

Ziggler is my favourite & the closest to a main event spot!

chessarmy

Reaction score
Cody Rhodes for sure, he looked good on his Smackdown! debut and I fully expect WWE to do something worth noting with him in the near future. Ziggler looks like a "midcarder for life" type guy especially with the lame gimmick, and Ryder is a jabrone

maty619

Reaction score
Dolph Ziggler for sure. Zack has been jobbing for too long to suddenly be put into the same position as Dolph and Cody, he has been in a program with Bourne for a few weeks and before that he didn't appear on a main brand since the ECW days, having said that, look at Swagger.

Cody hasn't made any impact on Smackdown as of yet and is really not over with me atall. I think Cody will make an impact soon but at the moment I aint feeling it.

Ziggler is awesome all round, since he started using the sleeper hold he has been amazing and has got over quite well. He is good in the ring and a program with Christian should do wonders for both of them, as long as Horny and Chavo stay out of it.

Axis

Reaction score
They're all three very effective heels. Cody is my personal favorite, probably due to his edge over the others as far as in-ring psychology goes. Ziggler has a very fun moveset that makes for fun matches, and his charisma makes up for the fact that his matches aren't very deep. Ryder is decent, and hopefully his role on NXT gives him more exposure that allows him to make a bigger impact on Raw. He'd be a great addition to the US Title division, even if it was only for a one-off PPV match against R-Truth.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I would put my money on Cody. He, imo, has stepped out of the CAWdy range and has actually solidified a sweet original character that gives him more to work with than the cocky guido in Ryder or the hollywood heel in Ziggs. He is the throwback with no knee pads, ground and pound, hold for hold wrestler that brings back the art of wrestling while being the "Uncommon One" that, unlike his former counterpart DiBiase, chooses to stand out from his family name a make his own legacy. He has an edge a drive that easily pit him as a top upper mid carder and a sure fire main eventer in the next few years.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
All of you who said Cody, you guys really think that Cody is not CAWdy anymore? What personality in the ring does he have, where is his charisma? Boy, I tell you that this "Pro Cody Rhodes Forum" thing is very questionable. Cody should just separate from the Common/Uncommon thing going on. Miz, you said that Ted DiBiase isn't standing out from his family name, but you are forgetting that Senior was the greatest heel in Pro Wrestling at one time. This is a whole new generation, a generation where the money thing is more strenuous than it was back then and DiBiase could be great if he follows somewhat in his father's footsteps.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Cody needs a gimmick. Once he gets a proper one, he'll be elevated to the main event. Once he gets the proper one... >.>

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Ryder should probably turn face soon I think. But a feud with Truth beforehand could do wonders for him. He's always been one of my favorites in the lower card. The guy just needs a chance.

Dolph should just fuck off. He's actually a pretty decent wrestler, but God do I hate that he's a generic heel. I liked him a lot during his Raw debut, but now he's just lame. He needs to turn way more than Ryder, dumping Vickie could get him mega over. Feuding with Christian helps neither man and is just going to hold them both down.

Rhodes is really a solid wrestler, and probably my personal favorite. He's sort of generic, but at least he has no gimmick yet so that's alright. I've always been a fan, but he seems to have attitude/maturity problems backstage, and is stuck in limbo already. I'd have him feud with JTG since Kofi and Christian are taken, also get rid of that disco jacket.

In the end, I think Ryder should get a midcard title shot first, but Rhodes has the most potential for a ME run.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates Ryder's appearance? Maybe if that is changed I'd enjoy Ryder, because I think he is good in the ring and okay on the mic, I just hate his look. like I said before Rhodes is in the mid card with no gimmick. Imagine where he'd be with a gimmick... Rhodes needs to start thinking about his future here and stop being generic. Grow a pair and come up with good ideas for his future that can elevate him.

Reaction score
So the fag look suites the Cocky Douchebag gimmick?
Lets see. Shades, check. Greased up hair, check. Wearing a headband that happens to be synonomous with his catchphrase, check. Douchey wrestling tights, check. Anything else?

-TJ-

Reaction score
Lets see. Shades, check. Greased up hair, check. Wearing a headband that happens to be synonomous with his catchphrase, check. Douchey wrestling tights, check. Anything else?

He can do that without looking like a fag... And I mean fag is in homosexual... >.>

He can be a self centered jackass without looking like the product of Billy and Chuck... >.>