Your Workout Plan(s)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Is bread really that bad? I've heard some bad stuff about whitebread but whole meal is cool isn't it? How about pasta also, does it depend on the type or is any cool?
http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
Well this is the bread I use. It's not typical wheat bread. It's like a 1,000 times better lol. So yeah, I see the logic behind not eating as much as bread, etc.; however, I'm not like crazy strict simply because I'm not currently competing or involved in MMA or anything, ATM.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I don't log it which is the issue, I tend to mix oats, honey and Jam to make ceral bars for the week or have brown bread toasted with honey or jam and a brew then pasta or rice with some kind of meat in either stock or some tomato based sauce for lunch. After that it goes to shit with too much overly processed stuff like pizzas. I'm planning to start clearing out the sodas and artificial sweetners in the near future (some point this week, hopefully today continues as it has). I've never really been too bothered about aesthetics as I have a really wide bone structure (my hips really don't lie), so I'll never have that kind of physique but my cardio has gone down so I'm really into it for performance and general health. My current diet plan is to replace the processed foods with more protein and simple carbs such as sweet potatoes.

I've followed paleo and keto for a while but I've always found it too intrusive to my lifestyle, getting a baked potato is a lot easier than half a roast chicken for example when eating out.

One thing I'm playing with is 100% cocoa combined with coffee as a preworkout. It could be a placebo but I'm a fan of it. Also I'm gonna sub snacks with either fruit or 80 + % chocolate.

Would any of you guys recommend calorie counting or move away from it for a good lifestyle?

well the only reason I'd calorie count....is if I was trying to drop a lot of weight quickly or had a competition coming up very quickly and needed to drop weight fast.

If you eat at least 6-8 times a day...starting early....and eating as healthy and raw as possible, you will stay lean and fit....granted everyone's body is different and there might be the need for adjusting some things....but as long as you're working out 3-5 times a week....pushing your body to its limit and eating healthy in general.....there's no reason why you can't stay, or become, fit.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sorry to be the dick to wake a dead thread, but I'm looking for a bit of advice on my workout regimen. I'm looking to cut out weight, and build muscle at the same time. I have a Cross Body workout machine (Bowflex clone basically) and a treadmill. I've been using these daily.
Regimen: 3 sets of each workout
  • Bench Press (12-20 reps)
  • Bicep Curl (15-20 reps)
  • Tricep Dip (10 reps)
  • Leg Extension (20-25 reps)
  • Ankle Inversion/Eversion (15 reps)

20-25 minutes of cardio on the 'mill.
I'm generally strapped for time with school and schoolwork taking up most of my day, and usually have perhaps an hour or two that I'm totally free.
If anyone has any workouts they can suggest, then I'm all ears.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Ideally I'd do as much of the lifting as possible with free weights. It gives more than a machine.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Sorry to be the dick to wake a dead thread, but I'm looking for a bit of advice on my workout regimen. I'm looking to cut out weight, and build muscle at the same time. I have a Cross Body workout machine (Bowflex clone basically) and a treadmill. I've been using these daily.
Regimen: 3 sets of each workout
  • Bench Press (12-20 reps)
  • Bicep Curl (15-20 reps)
  • Tricep Dip (10 reps)
  • Leg Extension (20-25 reps)
  • Ankle Inversion/Eversion (15 reps)

20-25 minutes of cardio on the 'mill.
I'm generally strapped for time with school and schoolwork taking up most of my day, and usually have perhaps an hour or two that I'm totally free.
If anyone has any workouts they can suggest, then I'm all ears.
How much are you bench pressing? I'd usually increase 5-10 lbs each month

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How much are you bench pressing? I'd usually increase 5-10 lbs each month
If I had to guess, I'd say 50-70 pounds of resistance on each side depending on whether my muscles are sore or not. So around 100-140 pounds of resistance. I could be wrong, the resistance rods don't seem to be labeled and I can't find the instruction guide for the life of me