Your top five wrestling workers of today?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
1) Daniel Bryan
2) Randy Orton
3) CM Punk
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Christian

I really struggled to put them in order. I feel maybe Ziggler should be higher? What about you guys, what do you think?

My list for 2011 alone:

1) Randy Orton
2) CM Punk
3) Dolph Ziggler
4) Christian
5) Daniel Bryan

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
1) Cody Rhodes
2) Randy Orton
3) Christian
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Daniel Bryan

It's because Dolph has been really dominating as of late 2011 so you're perspective is right.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't see how Rhodes is #1 but CM Punk's not in the list? Rhodes is a good worker but he's had no really memorable matches this year. Punk has. Cena vs Punk is being classed as MOTY by a country mile on all platforms.

Punk vs Ziggler was also great.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
This is purely from what they've done in the WWE.
  1. Daniel Bryan.
  2. Dolph Ziggler
  3. Cody Rhodes
  4. Randy Orton
  5. Christian
Honorable mentions include Trent Barretta, Tyson Kidd and Evan Bourne.

For 2011
  1. Randy Orton
  2. Daniel Bryan
  3. Cody Rhodes
  4. Dolph Ziggler
  5. CM Punk

I know leaving Punk completely out of the first and last on the second will raise some eyebrows with people so I feel I should explain it. He's too sloppy imo great psychology but his moves often lack the crispness of others listed.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't see how Rhodes is #1 but CM Punk's not in the list? Rhodes is a good worker but he's had no really memorable matches this year. Punk has. Cena vs Punk is being classed as MOTY by a country mile on all platforms.

Punk vs Ziggler was also great.

True, I'll make CM Punk number 5, with all due respect he's only had 1 good match at Money in the Bank and Cody Rhodes has been dominating throughout 2011 like beating Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania, Winning the Intercontinental Championship and going through 3 different characters throughout 2011. Daniel Bryan has been on a losing streak from Money in the Bank until his win on Superstars like in November?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:
True, I'll make CM Punk number 5, with all due respect he's only had 1 good match at Money in the Bank and Cody Rhodes has been dominating throughout 2011 like beating Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania, Winning the Intercontinental Championship and going through 3 different characters throughout 2011. Daniel Bryan has been on a losing streak from Money in the Bank until his win on Superstars like in November?

Talking wrestling ability, not what they've achieved.

Cm Punk had a great match with Cena at MITB and Summerslam. And a great match with Ziggler. Hasn't had a bad match in ages, but his sloppy work is the reason he's not 1st on mine. Cody has been good but they're not exactly match of the year candidates.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Talking wrestling ability, not what they've achieved.

Cm Punk had a great match with Cena at MITB and Summerslam. And a great match with Ziggler. Hasn't had a bad match in ages, but his sloppy work is the reason he's not 1st on mine. Cody has been good but they're not exactly match of the year candidates.

His Summerslam match was alright, didn't like the finish. But I'll agree with you on the Ziggler match. But again, Punk from Jan 2011 till July 17 2011 was kind of bland excluding vs Orton at Wrestlemania. Cody has had good and decent matches throughout the whole year.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Perhaps, I still would put Christian, Orton, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler ahead of him. Cody's had decent matches but no match of the year candidates.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Perhaps, I still would put Christian, Orton, Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler ahead of him. Cody's had decent matches but no match of the year candidates.

I guess I agree, let me do this all over.

1) Randy Orton
2) Christian
3) CM Punk
4) Dolph Ziggler
5) Cody Rhodes

If their was a 6) D. Bryan

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Lol Bryan's had more quality matches than Rhodes too :eek:. Bryan made Henry look good in the ring, and made him a contender for match of the year lol.

Yeah but that's from October, Bryan started getting the upper hand in late October. Before that it was jobberville for him.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Yeah but that's from October, Bryan started getting the upper hand in late October. Before that it was jobberville for him.

Just because he jobbed doesn't mean it was a bad match. He had some good US title matches with Sheamus a good match with both Sin Caras. He and Barret also had a good match at Summerslam.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Just because he jobbed doesn't mean it was a bad match. He had some good US title matches with Sheamus a good match with both Sin Caras. He and Barret also had a good match at Summerslam.

True, but I can barely remember him having great matches. Funny thing is I'm investing Bryan more of a WHC than he was when he was United States Champion.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
True, but I can barely remember him having great matches. Funny thing is I'm investing Bryan more of a WHC than he was when he was United States Champion.

That's a good thing, let's hope the casual fans can do the same and get Bryan over.