Your Ideas for a New Tag Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Okay so I was looking over the roster and was trying to figure out who the current "solidified" tag teams on the roster are..
1) Usos
2) Harper/Rowan
3) Stardust/Goldust
4)Rybaxel

Fernando and Diego are somewhere off in lala land for tag teams due to the injury to Fernando.. technically I guess Diego and Torito could team but they dont and Hornswoggle has been kept off TV recently so him and Slater have only been doing some house shows.. so I don't really count them.

I'm wondering what ideas you (the community) have at the moment in order to bolster the depth a little bit, whether it be promoting some teams from NXT (although then the NXT depth will be VERY weak) or form something out of some underutilized superstars on the main roster.

Two I thought of as I was writing this was combining Big E & Kofi Kingston.. and also promoting Kalisto and teaming him with Hunicara..

I'd say with Los Matadores still technically a team and part of the division (just temporarily out of work) they really only need to add one and maybe a temporary second new team for basically 1-2 PPV appearances.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
First off, the bloody Ascension needs to be called up on the main roster! WTF is taking WWE so long?!

Apart from those 4 Mr. Sharpy Sandow listed, there's a possibility of joining Big E and Kofi, Miz and Ziggler (somewhere down the road)... Also, Sandow with Vaudevillains would be hilarious as much as Breeze/Fandango.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kofi and R-Truth seem like potentially entertaining tag team. I could see WWE utilizing them for both awkward and comedic skits.
The Miz and Damien Sandow. Miz teaching Damien to act and properly convey characters.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
First off, the bloody Ascension needs to be called up on the main roster! WTF is taking WWE so long?!

Apart from those 4 Mr. Sharpy Sandow listed, there's a possibility of joining Big E and Kofi, Miz and Ziggler (somewhere down the road)... Also, Sandow with Vaudevillains would be hilarious as much as Breeze/Fandango.

Breeze is going to own Fandango!! I'm a huge Breeze mark :p
Idk if Miz & Ziggler is actually going to happen, it's seeming less likely as time draws closer to the end of Ziggler's current deal.

Big E & Kofi along with the Ascension is who I see adding to the depth more than likely and personally that'd be great for the division IMO.

As for Los Matadores, I believe when Fernando comes back they should put them in a 3-4 month NXT stint. That way they can replace the Ascension with a little bit of depth and having some main roster exposure already can only help them become NXT favorites. Vaudevillains should stay in the NXT for now, Damien is so much stronger as a character and in ring work IMO then both Simon and Aiden, don't think that I'm discrediting them though, they have been working well together and their in-ring skills have gotten a lot better.. with Ascension gone, them and Kalisto and El Locale are prlly the only legitimate teams standing without Ascensions presences, although there's no hurt in letting Ascension get Main Roster exposure while still participating in NXT from time to time at least until they find another solid tag team to replace them fully.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kofi and R-Truth seem like potentially entertaining tag team. I could see WWE utilizing them for both awkward and comedic skits.
The Miz and Damien Sandow. Miz teaching Damien to act and properly convey characters.
I think R-Truth is about to be cut to be honest, he does still get somewhat of a draw but for what his salary is at the moment he is VERY underutilized. If he accepts a paycut of about $150k then I could potentially see it.. I like Xavier Woods to be honest but I think R-Truth as a partner for him was a mistake.

Miz teaching Damien to be a better "actor" when it comes to his weekly gimmicks can only get by for so far.. Personally as a true Sandow nut I wouldn't want to see those two tag.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Ziggler and Ryder. Call them Nothing to lose, or everything to prove.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
- Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston. They're talented guys and deserve to be showcased some more.
- Dolph Ziggler & The Miz. Call them bathroom break.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'm going to post it.
Ziggler and Jericho. It's a bad idea from a mark's view and neither man needs it.
I believe both men would enjoy the experience, but it wouldn't necessarily result in a push for Dolph 'cause of politics
I've always said Jericho was in a semi-similar spot years ago. He was the best performer but he didn't carry himself like an alpha
Jericho has a lot of wisdom dealing with HHH personally and professionally and could help Dolph in that regard

If nothing else, Y2J could open doors outside WWE for Ziggs to pursue

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
- Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston. They're talented guys and deserve to be showcased some more.
- Dolph Ziggler & The Miz. Call them bathroom break.

I'd be interested in Woods & Kingston.. Definitely a better pairing than R-Truth and Woods or Big E and Kofi (should that be an upcoming team).

I was a fan of Woods when he was Consequences Creed.. I know Truth and Woods have chemistry together from their TNA days as team "Truth and Consequences" but if you're not going to utilize it then disband it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They were tag champs for a few months a few years back. I think it'd be safe to say they cut 0 promos during their reign and had no backstage skits too, not sure they'd run with it this time.
Also, weren't Truth and Woods supposed to be a team? What happened there?

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Maybe Christian & Chris Jericho? Weren't they a team back in the day?
That would make me droll. But the team would probably break up quite quickly with either christian getting injured or Jericho going back on another tour.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Any team with heel R-Truth would be golden again. A Miz tag team maybe.