1. Welcome to the Wrestlingsmarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dismiss Notice

Your First Memory of Wrestling?

Discussion in 'General Wrestling' started by Koutei Senshi, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Tapout

Tapout Your arms are too short to box with God

jericho
    evanbourne
    shawnmichaels
    romanreigns
    braywyatt
    cmpunk5
    First memory I have of Wrestling was Kane's debut at bad blood. Kane is who got me into wrestling in the first place. I do have very, very faint memories of WCW Hog Wild 1996, though. We got the PPV for free. I started watching WCW for Jericho, and WWF for Kane. When Jericho left WCW, I stopped watching it.

2. Defiant

Defiant Intelligence 2 Masses

thewhyats
    jericho
    deanambrose
    danielbryan2
    stonecold
    ajlee
    My first wrestling memory was from WWF Raw, my dad flicked the channel to see if I was interested and Marc Mero was in the ring boxing. We didn't know what the fuck was going on.

But I remember the first top to bottom show I watched was WCW Bash At The Beach, opened by a Raven's Rules match versus Perry Saturn. This is probably why I started watching WCW first.

3. Deezy

Deezy Well-Known Member

brethart2
    newjack
    ddp
    therock
    nwo
    wolfpac
    Watching Macho Man hit Chico Santana with a piece of cold steel as Gorilla called it. Made me wonder why he covered up the steel object before he hit him. Didn't think nothing of it because Macho Man was cool and he won the IC title.,

4. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

First faint memories was of me and my family watching British wrestling back in the glory years on ITV.

My next door neighbours got me hooked on WWF in 1990 when I saw the Survivor Series round there. A couple of years later I started watching late night WCW and started getting the PPVS on Video. My favourites at the time were Rick Rude, Vader, Sting, Flyin Brian (loved his matches with Liger) and The Steiner Brothers.

My first ever live event was a WWF House show in London in November 96, it was main evented by Mankind and Undertaker in a No Holds Barred match, and also featured the UK return of Bret Hart who beat Vader. Happy times!

5. Troy

Troy POP! POP!

wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    wherestroy
    I don't have a clue what my first memory of wrestling is, bit jealous that so many others can clearly remember the first bit of wrestling they saw. For me it is so vague, I know that it was watching RAW on tv here and it was soon after the switch over to WWF RAW is WAR. Must have been early to mid 1997 but I can't remember any specific segment at all.

6. Gimmick

Gimmick Childish Tycoon

danielbryan2
    hhh
    I really can't remember the first time I watched wrestling. My earliest memory is seeing loads of wrestlers in the ring at the same time, and being pretty fascinated by it. Judging by that it could have been Royal Rumble '99.

7. Admin Post
    Dale

Dale Is Best For Business

emma
    randyorton
    mickiejames2
    therock
    lita3
    kofi
    The 99 Rumble was fucking abysmal, I hope that isn't your first memory :adr:

8. TheTimidPimp

TheTimidPimp Member

Can't remember it in any great detail but when I was about 9-10 I used to sneak down from my bedroom and watch WCW when it was on ITV at stupid o'clock at night after Prisoner Cell Block H. First WWF I saw was Survivor Series '92 which my mate taped for me cos we didn't have Sky.

9. Doink

Doink Active Member

albertodelrio
    reymysterio
    edge
    chrisjericho
    christian
    romanreigns
    No idea, I remember Ric Flair giving a promo. Was only about 5

10. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

chrisbenoit2
    princedevitt
    sethrollins
    ajstyles2
    johncena2
    ricochet
    The Junior Division & Stone Cold/Vince hospital segment

11. Chris

Chris It's me, it's me

The Juniors Division was '05 and had like two matches unless you're talking about the random midget matches in '97 and a couple in '98 that wasn't an actual division

12. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

chrisbenoit2
    princedevitt
    sethrollins
    ajstyles2
    johncena2
    ricochet
    The 97-98 one. Thought that was the division haha, just a bunch of small midgets.

13. PHX

PHX Well-Known Member

cmpunk5
    Was two of them one was WCW in 95 and Macho Man was like getting handcuffed and taken out of the arena. The other was kind of a blur I just remember it was a HBK match in 95 on Raw that made me a fan of him.

14. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Yeah that's how I got into WCW as well, was much happier when they moved it to the Afternoon watched every week after that.

15. We Are Legion

We Are Legion ║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||

stonecold2
    ricflair
    jbl2
    randysavage
    nwo
    I don't remember anything specific, but every time I saw the Ultimate Warrior, I got excited. I was far too young to remember any details, but that was my guy and I liked him because he was champion when I started watching. The first clear memory I have was probably around the time he was feuding with Earthquake who broke his back. I hated Earthquake and thought he was the most evil guy in WWF.