• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

arianna

The Showoff
Reaction score
RE: Your favorite short lived superstars?

Stopspot said:
He was hardly on TV for over a year though.

I guess my new favorite is Cactus Jack or will I have to look in my encyclopedia jk jk?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Your favorite short lived superstars?

arianna said:
I guess my new favorite is Cactus Jack or will I have to look in my encyclopedia jk jk?

You can still like Trent I'm not saying you shouldn't. I just fellt like pointing out that Trent is still active, just not in the WWE.

Also Cactus Jack is not a short term wrestler. Mick Foley was active for nearly 20 years under all his characters.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

Just leave the girl alone, Stop :dawg: :pity1:

Roi

Champion
Reaction score

Kendrick

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

ca79e5cf80c10a32c39e0f8862275234.jpg

I loved that he wasn't a typical heel when he showed up. He was just a guy from the Middle East who wanted to break down stereotypes about his people after 9/11. Obviously he was still treated like shit by the fans which to me was hilarious and sad at the same time. It was a great job by WWE of holding up a mirror for the fans to look at themselves in, and i hope they were ashamed.

eventually of course he became an over the top terrorist type gimmick, which would have been awesome but ofc UPN is Blue and still ran the episode of SD in the UK that had him attacking the Undertaker the same day as those terrorist attacks there... BRILLIANT. I still think they could have salvaged it without completely pulling the plug.

I'm sure his star would have dimmed by now, but he could still be a midcard staple as a heel. On a roster with so much blandness he would really stick out

Stopspot

Reaction score

Hassan was good. Probably my favorite short lived wrestler as well.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Stopspot said:
Hassan was good. Probably my favorite short lived wrestler as well.

Ha, totally forgot about him. Yea, he was an ass, good heel. Who was the guy he came in with first? I know he had a tag partner...also, didn't hassan bring khali in?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Finlay had a short lived career? He wrestled in the E for 5 years how was that short plus he was wrestling about 30 years before that. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Brock's initial run yet, he was what 2 years into his career? I know he held a lot of title but if Finlay breaks one criteria Brock smashed that one IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Meshuggah said:
Ha, totally forgot about him. Yea, he was an ass, good heel. Who was the guy he came in with first? I know he had a tag partner...also, didn't hassan bring khali in?

Daivari was his manager, and no he had no affiliation w/ Khali to my knowledge.

Stopspot

Reaction score

Khali was brought in by Rajin Singh wasn't he?

Meshuggah

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Dirk Diggler said:
Finlay had a short lived career? He wrestled in the E for 5 years how was that short plus he was wrestling about 30 years before that. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Brock's initial run yet, he was what 2 years into his career? I know he held a lot of title but if Finlay breaks one criteria Brock smashed that one IMO.

True, but did Finlay win any major titles? Serious question, because I wouldn't remember. Brock was short lived, but like I said, I stated guys who did NOT win major titles and did NOT come back into the WWE ring again. Brock did both.

Also yes, daivari is the one I was thinking about.

Stopspot

Reaction score

Not one of the best but I'm throwing Shad from Chryme Thyme a bone just for entertainment value.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Meshuggah said:
True, but did Finlay win any major titles? Serious question, because I wouldn't remember. Brock was short lived, but like I said, I stated guys who did NOT win major titles and did NOT come back into the WWE ring again. Brock did both.

Also yes, daivari is the one I was thinking about.

5487ca69f2d435e2c27997f65569382a.jpg

He was US Champ in 05, he isn't shortlived lol. Underrated absolutely, I'll throw Regal in there as well. He never won a major title and hasn't returned to the ring.