Your favorite movie theater experience?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Mine's gotta be when I saw Jason X with a friend about a decade ago.

In the opening scene, when Jason frees himself and impales the guy with a metal rod, my friend was on his feet, cheering and shouting "YES!".

Later when Jason kills the two Innocent Campers, the whole crowd in the movie theater bursted out laughing.

I also saw the Artist recently, and the people were really into it. Which is surprising, since crowds are usually silent where I live.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
A couple:
- When I saw Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, just amazing probably my fav cause I went with my dad and they had prizes going on and stuff because it was New Year's
- When I saw the Dark Knight, the loudest crowd I ever heard
- When I saw Wrestlemania XX, I think everybody was cheering for Benoit
- When I saw Spider-Man 2, wonderful movie, the crowd wasn't loud but they were definitely into it. Especially the part where Parker delivers the pizza. One guy was like "JUST DELIVER THE FUCKING PIZZA" and we all laughed
- When I saw the Pink Panther 2, horrible movie but probably the biggest crowd I've ever seen. My friend and I got the last 2 seats up front

Where in Canada do you live?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
When I was 5 I saw Yu Gi Oh the movie. I don't like Yu Gi Oh anymore but when I was 5, it was the coolest thing ever. When Yu Gi passed out, I was like NO NO COME ON GET UP.

The only other movie experience that i will remember forever is Avatar. That was single handedly the best movie I have ever seen. It was fantastic from start to finish. I was so into the movie, it was like I was detatched from reality. That's how good it was. I have never seen a better movie and never will. Me and my friends were talking about it for a week.

An honorable mention is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. That was an awesome movie also.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
DH2 was a great film, but the crowd remained silent for most of the film both times I saw it. That is until the epilogue where I heard loud laughs.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The only other movie experience that i will remember forever is Avatar.
I remember Avatar as well, mainly because I kept wondering when everyone else would notice how awful it was.

Other than that, when I saw Terminator:Salvation there was a really intense scene where Bale was going of on someone and right when he stopped talking someone in the theater farted and everyone burst out laughing. :lol:

Another one was Snakes on a Plane, where half the theater crowd brought fake snakes in and were throwing them around during the movie. Awesome.

The Viper

Reaction score
Avatar is pretty fucking awful. :lol:

Seeing Fast Five was a really great experience because it seemed like the rest of the theater were huge marks for the franchise and just reacting to everything, which was awesome. Some people even stood up and clapped at the end. Loved it.

Another one that was fantastic was seeing The Ring Two. The movie sucked, but the crowd was amazing. A couple of people started to talk pretty loudly and one guy told them "guys can you please keep quiet?". One of them replied, "hey please shut the fuck up" (no joke that was hilarious). Then a random guy from the other side of the theater told them to shut up. Then he got told to shut up and then this epic ass motherfucker that was sitting all the way in the back of the theater shouted "how about everybody shut the fuck up and watch the goddamn movie?". Needless to say, everybody shut the fuck up.

That was probably the best because the movie sucked anyway.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I liked Avatar... :/

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Is there something wrong with you?

I could ask you the same question. I don't like formulaic movies that drag on for nearly three hours while hitting every single standard cliche in the book. I counted at least seven moments where I was able to accurately predict exactly when things would happen (such as the main character being "exiled", the leader dying, the moment the two leads fell for each other) and most were right to the minute.

It was a nice looking movie sure, but if I wanted to look at something pretty, I'd go to an art gallery instead of wasting my life watching that piece of shit again.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
This thread has officially been derailed into a train of Avatar hate, haha

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Yay I love Avatar hate.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This thread has officially been derailed into a train of Avatar hate, haha

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :lol:

I don't have a problem if other people liked it, I just didn't and wanted to explain why I felt that way. I also hate LOTR: Return of the King with a passion because I was dragged out to see it while dealing with a monster flu. I thought I was going to die in the theater. I haven't been able to watch it again since.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :lol:

I don't have a problem if other people liked it, I just didn't and wanted to explain why I felt that way. I also hate LOTR: Return of the King with a passion because I was dragged out to see it while dealing with a monster flu. I thought I was going to die in the theater. I haven't been able to watch it again since.

Never see a good, heck ANY, film with a flu.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I went to see Transformers: ROTF and I knew walking in it was shit and I know walking out it was shit. I heard so many people talk about how amazing it was I wanted to roll over and die.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
My sympathies, man.

Did you ever recover from this traumatic experience?