• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Your favorite Heel turns?

Meshuggah

Jobber
Favorite heel turns? It can be WWE or WCW if you like, since there isn't a WCW forum, and WWE owns it, so I guess it falls into this category.

Mine would have to be Bret in 97, and if you don't like it, TOUGH SHIT!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan transforming into "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan at Bash At The Beach 1996.

It was awesome because no one could imagine Hogan as a heel after his big Hulkamania run in the 80's and early 90's, and no one even considered the possibility of Hogan turning because they were too focused on it being another WWF guy jumping over, since Hall and Nash were jumping from WWF and even playing the role of pretending WWF invaders at first. Bret Hart was rumored because he was negotiating with WCW in 1996 in real life. HBK was rumored because he was part of the Kliq with Hall and Nash and many thought he honestly was jumping. They didn't realize it was the very guy who represented the image of WWF itself, Hulk Hogan, even though he'd been in WCW for two years at that point.

It also worked because fans of WWF saw Hogan as a real life traitor for jumping to WCW, and two years later, they saw Hall and Nash as the same thing. So it fit in a way to see all three guys form a villainous group together. It was also cool seeing a member of the Golden Age/Rock 'N Wrestling era of the WWF in the 80's teaming up with two of the main stars of the New Generation of the 90's, in a WCW ring. Hogan's promo was also very real - he talked about fans turning on him and booing him, which they did. He referred to the "organization up North" turning their back on him, which they kinda did with the Huckster skits, poking fun of Hogan's age and whatnot.

It was magical for a lot of reasons.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
06ff4b7e61a3be9112137af7faeec2ee.gif

Leo C

Backlund Mark
[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk6der_bret-hitman-hart-vs-bob-backlund-wwf-title_sport#.UW3roKJwr-Y[/video]

Skip to 16:40 for the end of the match, but if you want to watch it it's a nice one. Not great but a good match imo. Well, the backstory was that Backlund lost the belt to Sheik in 83 while never giving up and all and then he left, coming back in 92, saying he wanted to win the championship again. So in 94, after wrestling for two years after his return, he finally got a title bout, and thought he won the match only to lose it just after it. Then after it Bob at first sticks to his good self and shakes hands with the Hitman, but then due to the frustration he just completely snaps, slaps Hart and slaps in the Crossface Chickenwing. This lead to Backlund becoming the crazy old man who hates society who we all love and winning the belt a few months later. My favorite.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Forgot to mention, this was initially supposed to be the start of Papa Shango's return actually. As in he controlled Backlund via voodoo to beat Hart up, which is why he kept looking at his hands not being able to understand why he did that. But then they nixed Shango's return and ran with heel Bob.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Leo C said:
Forgot to mention, this was initially supposed to be the start of Papa Shango's return actually. As in he controlled Backlund via voodoo to beat Hart up, which is why he kept looking at his hands not being able to understand why he did that. But then they nixed Shango's return and ran with heel Bob.

lol Never heard that before. How terrible.

The match was pretty good. I love Lawler's reaction to Backlund attacking The Hitman.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Steve Austins heel turn would have to be one of the most unpredictable moments in WWE history, just because of the heat Steve had with Vince for all those years, and then he joins him out of the blue.

I love brets heel turn speech though "And if you guys don't like it, TOUGH SHIT!"

Mizfit

Jobber
Shawn super Kicking Marty.
Triple H turning on Shawn with the faked out DX reunion

those are the only two I can think of right now :/

Leo C

Backlund Mark
KLockard23 said:
lol Never heard that before. How terrible.

The match was pretty good. I love Lawler's reaction to Backlund attacking The Hitman.

Yeah, that idea was pretty horrible, good thing they changed their minds. And also a nice point, King was such a good commentator at the time, when he actually cared. Him and JR add a lot to this match for sure and his reaction was great indeed.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
My favorite is still CM Punk's on Jeff Hardy back in 09. Mostly because instead of it being an instantaneous heel turn like the vast majority of them, they actually took about a month or two of development before Punk really turned heel. I loved the fact that the heel turn moment (cashing in on Jeff) wasn't portrayed as a heel turn (they even had JR got to bat in Punk's defense), but it certainly was the catalyst. Then over the next month or two as the feud progresses, Punk's transformation to a heel was also progressing at a steady rate, before reaching its climax the Smackdown after Hardy won the World title from him. It was awesome.

Meshuggah

Jobber
Mustafar Reginald said:
My favorite is still CM Punk's on Jeff Hardy back in 09. Mostly because instead of it being an instantaneous heel turn like the vast majority of them, they actually took about a month or two of development before Punk really turned heel. I loved the fact that the heel turn moment (cashing in on Jeff) wasn't portrayed as a heel turn (they even had JR got to bat in Punk's defense), but it certainly was the catalyst. Then over the next month or two as the feud progresses, Punk's transformation to a heel was also progressing at a steady rate, before reaching its climax the Smackdown after Hardy won the World title from him. It was awesome.

Agreed, the whole Jeff and Punk feud was genius, loved it when Punk came out as Jeff.

"Punk, your not my psychiatrist"

"No, no im not jeff, but maybe I should have been, and then maybe I could have saved you from taking the path your on"

Punk has a comeback for just about anything.