Young Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
ahhh i see. Rock himself is gonna narrate the show and then we're gonna flashback as he tells the stories. Interesting. Honestly the show doesn't look that great to me. In some interviews, Rock said his dad was super tough on him but in this show it looks the opposite lol so what the hell. I'm still gonna watch obviously but I hope it's better than the trailer.

Oh and the actor that plays andre the giant looks absolutely nothing like him lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm more interested in the show predicting the future of Rock running for president in 10+ years

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This show premieres tonight. I’ll definitely check it out. I’m not too confident but maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Some of these actors playing the wrestlers though is just really stretching it :lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just finished the first episode. Cute little show. Obviously told in a self parody way but if these stories are true then he did have a crazy fucking life. The actors that play him are all really good as is the Rocky Johnson actor.

Last edited:

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Thank goodness for on demand. I remembered all weekend about it but thought today was Monday. A very large L.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
RIP Waffle. I like seeing this Show go through multiple times in Dwayne's life from a little kid, to a Teenager to a Young Adult. I don't believe for a second Rocky was stealing fancy and nice looking clothes in 87 and not get caught especially with Cameras. The Story with Car probably was the funniest thing for me in the first Episode.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah it was pretty good first episode.

I loved when he said fake and Andre the Giant went and picked him up and asked him if that feels fake.

Never say the f word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
RIP Waffle. I like seeing this Show go through multiple times in Dwayne's life from a little kid, to a Teenager to a Young Adult. I don't believe for a second Rocky was stealing fancy and nice looking clothes in 87 and not get caught especially with Cameras. The Story with Car probably was the funniest thing for me in the first Episode.

Was video surveillance prominent in 1987?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Was video surveillance prominent in 1987?

I'm sure in 87 it wasn't as dominated rather years later because I remember as a kid in the early 90s and I'm talking 91, 92 seeing Cameras in Stores. I didn't need to be told not to steal, all my Mom had to do is give us boys a look like act up in this Store and see what happens.:MJ:

• Haha
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Has anyone other than @EvilBlackCat and I been watching this show? I actually took about two months to convince her to watch it. But the show is actually a very good sitcom and is very, very respectful of the wrestling business.

Plus the guy who plays Andre the Giant gives an Emmy worth performance.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Has anyone other than @EvilBlackCat and I been watching this show? I actually took about two months to convince her to watch it. But the show is actually a very good sitcom and is very, very respectful of the wrestling business.

Plus the guy who plays Andre the Giant gives an Emmy worth performance.
I tried to watch it but I couldn't....

Because i would Rather watch a show about The Rock's father Rocky Johnson or Andre The Giant.

Rock really doesn't need a show right now...

But besides that I believe it's an Emmy worthy show

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Renewed for season 2:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Young Rock" is returning to NBC for season two.

NBC announced on Friday that "Young Rock" has been renewed for a second season. The series premiered this February, with its season one finale set to air this coming Tuesday (May 4).

The sitcom "focuses on different chapters of Johnson’s life. From growing up in a strong and resilient family, to being surrounded by the wild characters of his professional wrestling family, to playing football at the University of Miami, the show explores the crazy rollercoaster that has shaped Dwayne into the man he is today and the larger-than-life characters he’s met along the way."

Johnson appears in every episode of "Young Rock." In season one, Johnson is running for president in the 2032 election. The show flashes back to different points in Johnson's life, and actors Adrian Groulx, Bradley Constant, and Uli Latukefu play younger versions of Johnson.

Young Rock was created by Johnson and Nahnatchka Khan. Johnson, Khan, Jeff Chiang, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Brian Gewirtz, and Jennifer Carreras are executive producers on the series.

"Kenan," which premiered alongside "Young Rock" in February, was also renewed by NBC today.

“It has been a true joy to watch Dwayne Johnson and Kenan Thompson on NBC every week and see families connect with their relatable, entertaining and heartwarming stories,” said Lisa Katz, President of Scripted Programming at NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “We’re thrilled to renew both of these shows for another season and can’t wait to see more from Dwayne, Kenan and the incredibly talented casts and producing teams behind each of them.”
Source: f4wonline.com