You still a mark for Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Punk is only good as an anti-hero giving promos.Still a mark for him though, a really cool person.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hate how watered down he's become... but it looks like Ace will actually use his power to keep Punk down, so Punk has a reason to feud with Ace now instead of just insulting the guy for no reason. This can bring his edge back.
And the Jericho feud is the best booking of a WWE main-event babyface we've seen in a while.

Despite him being so generic, good things appear to be on the horizon... Hopefully.

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes of course he has changed WWE from the same boring routine of Cena hogging the spotlight with the title to him having the title and making wrestling better. CM Punk should be champion for a long time hes entertaining to watch. For the love of god dont give the title back to Cena

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Heroes are defined by villains. When Punk became a face, there was no comparable heel for him to work against. His in-ring feud right away was ADR and then he was put in a feud with HHH (because of Nash's problems). ADR couldn't hold a candle to Punk's charisma and the HHH feud was booked thoroughly badly, mainly because they never went through with turning HHH heel.

Now that we have Ace really feeling his oats and Jericho showing he can compete in the ring with the guy (I still think he should have won at Mania, but, there you go), I look for Punk's dry wit and sarcasm to start coming out in his promos again and I can see him becoming "dangerous" in the ring (like the destruction of Christian before Mania).

In response to the OP, yes, I'm still a fan of Punk's. I think he's the best all-around wrestler in the business today. The only guys who I feel are really near his level are Bryan, HHH, James Storm, and Kurt Angle. They can all talk, go in the ring, and play either face or heel as the situation requires.

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
Yes of course he has changed WWE from the same boring routine of Cena hogging the spotlight with the title to him having the title and making wrestling better. CM Punk should be champion for a long time hes entertaining to watch. For the love of god dont give the title back to Cena

No plans for it soon.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Sorry but I love the Steen sign in the background of R'Albin first clip then.

Although Punk is quality as well in that clip so so good haha.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Used to be a massive Punk mark, not any more I'm afraid. Not as much as I was previously anyway, mainly because of how he has been watered down and I genuinely thought he'd be the type of guy to give them the middle finger when they tried to do so.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
He was great last night, shame those fans decided to chant through the promo. Ruined it a bit for me.

It was Washington DC, a crappy pro Cena city. I wish they'd just blacklist all the idiotic towns and use the decent ones when they actually have a decent story-line.

But yeah, I'm glad RAW was wasted on that shithole city, as RAW was terrible last night.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It was Washington DC, a crappy pro Cena city. I wish they'd just blacklist all the idiotic towns and use the decent ones when they actually have a decent story-line.

But yeah, I'm glad RAW was wasted on that shithole city, as RAW was terrible last night.

Yeah, totally agree.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:

What you think are the best cities crowd wise?