You get them Maddox.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm sorry but really? What was the logic in having Brad Maddox cut a ridiculously bad promo before the main event and then get a free beat down from Shield after requesting to take them all down himself? He has gone from the mysterious guy no one really knows about to a comedy character in seconds.

Not that I care. I can't wait for BLFFL to come and rage about it though.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He was already the heel version of Santino. Guess this was the final step in that.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
He was already the heel version of Santino.

Was he? Fair enough he always lost but it tends to be against incredibly strong opponents and wasn't very often. He had like one backstage promo a week with his camera man and no one really knew what involvement he had. He definitely wasn't a Santino character at all.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Was he? Fair enough he always lost but it tends to be against incredibly strong opponents and wasn't very often. He had like one backstage promo a week with his camera man and no one really knew what involvement he had. He definitely wasn't a Santino character at all.

By Santino I meant comedic heel. With all the talk about him helping Punk he was set up as a bad guy (even though he himself hasn't really done anything evil) and his comical attempts at getting a contract made him comedic. He's not an exact replica of Santino, but rather a comedic heel who doesn't display in ring skills.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Stopspot said:
By Santino I meant comedic heel. With all the talk about him helping Punk he was set up as a bad guy (even though he himself hasn't really done anything evil) and his comical attempts at getting a contract made him comedic. He's not an exact replica of Santino, but rather a comedic heel who doesn't display in ring skills.

Nothing like Santino then, lol. He was a weak heel. Nothing he really done was comedic at all. It was just his constant attempts at getting a contract were interrupted by those in power putting him in matches against Ryback & Orton. Furthermore, his name was constantly mentioned in the same sentences as Shield & Punk and was linked with him being a part of that. So I would say he was more relevant than most other heels to be honest, and wasn't really comedic at all.

That of course changes when you see this segment. What I don't understand is, if he doesn't have a contract, how can he have promo time on RAW? Lol...

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nothing like Santino then, lol. He was a weak heel. Nothing he really done was comedic at all. It was just his constant attempts at getting a contract were interrupted by those in power putting him in matches against Ryback & Orton. Furthermore, his name was constantly mentioned in the same sentences as Shield & Punk and was linked with him being a part of that. So I would say he was more relevant than most other heels to be honest, and wasn't really comedic at all.

That of course changes when you see this segment. What I don't understand is, if he doesn't have a contract, how can he have promo time on RAW? Lol...
Security is apparently super lax. Heck he's snuck in on main event a couple of times and done commentary.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Coming up next week: Brad Maddox turns face, saying he was willing to take the beating to make sure Cena/Sheamus/Ryback could give The Shield the attack they had coming, to make up for that backstage beatdown. (Then Vickie may sign him or something)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rain said:
Coming up next week: Brad Maddox turns face, saying he was willing to take the beating to make sure Cena/Sheamus/Ryback could give The Shield the attack they had coming, to make up for that backstage beatdown. (Then Vickie may sign him or something)

Only way that made any sense at all.

Spoilers dude...

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Spoilers dude...

Thought that was common sense! Oh, okay... have it your way mister forum head sir.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rain said:

I'd actually keep him as heel in that situation. Having him brag about that and being very egocentric. Only to be denied a contract (again)

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
Don't even compare him to Santino. Atleast heel Santino got reactions from the crowd. Brad did one of the worst promos in Raw history. I know the writers write this stuff. However, he put no effort into making it decent. He came off extremely awkward and could not find his character. The soft talk to screaming was extremely out of place. He deserves to be released today.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I didn't even listen to the promo he cut so I'm not aware of how good or how bad it was. However, judging by your guys reactions it does seem to be pretty bad.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
He's terrible, his promo was terrible, and hopefully the Shield beating lets them write him out for good.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
His promo was pretty bad. Somebody on another forum noted that he might have been channeling Bane or someone, and that King actually said "Come at me, bro" during the last part of The Shield segment, which just makes the whole segment even worse than it was already. What Triple H 'sees' in Maddox, I have no idea. That's why I wouldn't go around singing Triple H's praises just yet simply because he managed to actually get Bruno on board.

Reactions: Swift