Yoshi Tatsu: Should he leave or not?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yoshi Tatsu is practically another Japanese guy, who has tons of talent, but is being misused and became the 2nd Funaki. So my question is, should he or should he not continue in the WWE?

Seeing how well he was in Japan, and seeing how bad is his status with the WWE, makes me wonder why Japanese wrestlers even bother to sign in the WWE?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Money, they can make a lot more money in WWE then they could in Japan. Japan also does wrestling in tours, it's not a constant 365 day a year job like WWE wrestlers have.

PSachkovsky

The Artiste
Reaction score
Senhor, does it really worth to get degraded as a professional wrestler, just for some $$$?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
PSachkovsky said:
Senhor, does it really worth to get degraded as a professional wrestler, just for some $$$?

When you consider how short your career can be due to injuries, yes. Not to mention that his exposure earns him more money if/when he's let go. He can bill himself as "former WWE Superstar Yoshi Tatsu" and command higher pay on the indy scene or Japan.

Reactions: AnnaLove

AnnaLove

Jobber
Reaction score
PSachkovsky said:

Trust me, if you get paid as much as Yoshi does, and get degraded by your boss, you'll take it like a man, and keep your mouth shut. That's how business and Employer/Employee relationships are in the world.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
He needs a more serious character then he wouldn't be a jobber.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Problem is he's never been booked in what i'd like to call a proper feud, so really he's just booked to job. Depending on how much he gets paid, if it's less than $15k a year, i'd quit. You could probably get a better job being a fitness instructor and earn more.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
But jobbers should be fighting to be more than that. They need to show passion. Jobbers can be called in from local independent promotions so I don't understand why some WWE wrestlers settle for being just that and showing no motivation to be more. I can't remember who it was ,I think it might've been Ziggler, who said some wrestlers are happy going out, doing minimum work and collecting their paycheck. JTG. I'm looking at you.

NXT wrestlers start on $25k so it'd be more than that.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
No. From what I understand he was never a big star in Japan, and it's not like Japan is a small pond where he'll come back and they'll say "oh well he's a former WWE guy give him our top spot", it's far from that. Plus, he earns big money and doesn't even work every week in the ring, so he's alright there.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Adam said:
But jobbers should be fighting to be more than that. They need to show passion. Jobbers can be called in from local independent promotions so I don't understand why some WWE wrestlers settle for being just that and showing no motivation to be more. I can't remember who it was ,I think it might've been Ziggler, who said some wrestlers are happy going out, doing minimum work and collecting their paycheck. JTG. I'm looking at you.

NXT wrestlers start on $25k so it'd be more than that.

Well then, since he can't speak much English, I'll assume he's trying his best. However I believe the person you were quoting was either Ziggler or Punk.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
Well then, since he can't speak much English, I'll assume he's trying his best. However I believe the person you were quoting was either Ziggler or Punk.

He's been in the US for 6 years now, he should be able to at least cut a half decent promo (that is his job, afterall). Even so, Kai En Tai got over massive without saying a word. Same with Tajiri. In my eyes, he's happy doing what he's doing with his #YoshiArmy and that's good for him but it's not going to elevate his career.

And fuck I only just seen he's 35.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Adam said:
He's been in the US for 6 years now, he should be able to at least cut a half decent promo (that is his job, afterall). Even so, Kai En Tai got over massive without saying a word. Same with Tajiri. In my eyes, he's happy doing what he's doing with his #YoshiArmy and that's good for him but it's not going to elevate his career.

And fuck I only just seen he's 35.

I'm sure half the time they didn't even realise what was going on, plus we were living in less socially acceptable times, so they can't play too much on his race to much nowadays.

Because that's essentially what got Kai en tai over as far as i'm aware.