Years Ahead: Professional Wrestling In 2028

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JTrakker

Reaction score
April 4th, 2028
EagleBank Arena, Washington D.C.
TPVM1h0ozp4oEmQSyTgEWCu3S8HYGrxcRq6m2pDjFJhk-3DfCYo4JVnhpAhyRI-AJ25KVxH4MB209R1QScXWbtbRT5-Kh4Vw0KLrrNTXebtV2yzcGtievMBzRQfxEDgOSN3AMNad2nx7NbcAfMLE-6k

Hello, everybody, welcome to Tuesday Night NXT!

The lights backstage come up lightly, revealing, sitting at a round table…is Teoman & Leo Taula. Teoman sits across from the camera with Leo standing beside him.

Teoman: In our pale existence…we work for every morsel of food, every inch of shelter, every second of enjoyment, we struggle for it. But, some people…some people invalidate the lifelong pain that the workhorses of society battle for.

Teoman holds up a tarot card…

THE STAR

Teoman
: A star was born. Born a star and died one. Because the star was granted the energy it needed from its base. As I’ve been away for 6 months with a rotator cuff injury, I’ve watched. I’ve read the reviews, seen the show and scoped from afar. And I’ve never been graced with even a shot at a championship but as I witness this show, week in, week out, I see new stars left and right entering the company and making a name for themselves and getting NOTHING but the second some narcissistic, talentless nepo baby enters the company, they’re the golden goose! I’ve idled for a long time and now I finally am taking the chance…to make it clear that I will ring this brand and this COMPANY dry…of disgusting, tasteless filth. It simply starts with “talent” that made it only because daddy was good at his job…

Compromised & Ari Sterling vs. The School Of Gulak
With the stipulation that Gulak would have to defend his title against one of his opponents on the occasion that The School lost, tensions were high, especially from the strict instructor, Drew Gulak. With tensions also rising from the teacher towards his students, Kaz & Dalton have a tall task ahead of them in the attempt to please their unruly pedagogue.

With Gulak in no mood to play games, his technical game was on point tonight, looking to carry his students to a victory. But, when Kaz is legal, he’s running wild. With momentum on his side, he plants Hendricks with a brainbuster! As he goes for the cover, Sterling catches the attention of the ref! With the official’s attention diverted, Avery slides his way into the ring, nailing a sliding knee to the side of the head of Karver! As his lifeless body tumbles off Aiden, Connel places his tag partner on top of his opponent to score the pin.

WINNERS: Ari Sterling & Compromised

As Karver comes to, Gulak approaches his protege. With toxic anger in his tone, Drew shoves Kaz, berating Karver, telling him he failed his educationist. Gulak is enraged that he has to defend his title next week. Before the verbal battering can continue, Dalton steps in to the aid of his friend, getting Drew to back off before the two youngins leave the ring, with Drew slowly following behind…

The show travels backstage to Keaton Duell receiving hype from his fellow locker roommates, knowing that in just over an hour is the biggest match of his career…when the champ himself walks in…

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gage Goldberg: Keaton…

Keaton Duell: Gage…

Gage Goldberg: Ya know, looking ahead…I gotta say…I respect the hustle. You’ve put in the work, won a #1 contender’s match and made it be known that you want this title. Kinda like what you did in amateur wrestling, right?

Keaton Duell: Listen, Gage, I don’t know what kind of mind games you’re trying to play but-

Gage Goldberg: You were a champion, but never the TOP champion. You were never #1 in any division. So, I guess that’s what I’m gonna have to prove to you tonight. That you’ll never be #1. But second place…not that bad.

Gage smirks before exiting the locker room, leaving Keaton fuming. Certainly, the champ is in his challenger’s head…

AD BREAK

We return from break to see the new NXT Women’s Champion, Kiana James!

Kiana James: What a weekend! Traveling to Florida to visit the past of NXT in Full Sail ended up being the greatest choice of my life cause I walked out…the new…NXT Women’s Champion. Jakara Jackson was one of the best reigns this title has ever seen but it’s time…for a better reign. MY reign. I’ve been here for so long and my goal was to not leave NXT until I won the women’s title. I would see my reign out before finding success on the main roster. And now that we’re here, I’m gonna make the most of it. But, in order to do that…I need the best of the best to give me the most difficult defenses possible. And that’s what we have set up tonight with the following wrestlers…

Kiana sits at ringside with the title slung over her shoulder as the entrances begin…

Lola Vice vs. Chloe Richards vs. Bella Schultz vs. Briana Kay
These four women are looking to vie for the women’s title but they’ve gotta make their way through each other. Sitting in the ring with three obstacles, these ladies who are at the top of the division are looking to topple the other women in this match and prove that they’re the next top prospect on the brand.

A new side from these four contenders comes out tonight with Richards & Kay brawling outside while Schultz and Vice trade combat in the squared circle. But, when Richards lands a crossbody to the outside onto Kay & Schultz, all three women are taken out! Vice takes advantage, throwing Richards into the ring, clobbering Chloe with a stiff Buzzsaw Kick!

WINNER: Lola Vice

Following the match, James sizes up her opponent, she enters the ring and comes face to face with the first woman to challenge for her championship. Vice drags a finger along the women’s title, showing her clear interest in gold around her waist…

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NXT continues backstage to see Jakara Jackson, the former women’s champion, watching the match infuriated. As she continues to eye the screen, in walks a recent recruit to the development, Izzy.

Izzy: Hey, Jakara, I don’t know if you know who I am, I’m Izzy. I’m new around here and I just-

Jakara Jackson: Yea, I know who you are. You’re the chick who cried on national television.

Izzy:...Uhh, yea, I guess that’s me. I just know you had a rough weekend so I came here to say that I’m sorry about your title loss. I know it sucks losing on national television.

Jakara Jackson: What’d you just say to me?

Izzy: Well, since we’re bringing up my on screen appearances, I figured I would return the favor. See ya around!

Izzy skips out of the locker room and Jakara is fuming!

The show returns to the ring to find Cayden Collins, who suffered a loss to Derek Parker Jr. at the latest Takeover as he seems to have some words he’d like to speak…

Cayden Collins: Aiight, man, we all gotta talk. This past Saturday, I was on that mat 1-2-3, you feel me? A swift discus lariat and my lights was out, man. My head still hurts and I gotta think…where did it go wrong? Maybe I did everything I could but I think I coulda done something better. But, the best I can do…move forward. And, titles ain’t really on the table right now, I gotta earn that. So, I’mma keep my adrenaline pumping and I’mma keep fighting till I drop to get that win back and when I do-

FROM BEHIND?! Derek Parker Jr! Parker batters Collins into a pulp as Cayden barely stirs…Parker begs for his rival to get to his feet, to find some form of vertical base…DISCUS LARIAT! Parker stands in all his glory as the lights beam down…

AD BREAK

Our return from ad break focuses on JD Blake and Asher Hale. The WorkHorsemen. The tag champs focus down the lens…

Asher Hale: Alright…since Wargames. Since Wargames, we’ve been on top of the tag division cause we’re simply that damn good. And we’ve still got the intent of staying on top. So, next week, it’s time for us to get our next challenger. Our challenge. Next week, when Miraculous take on The Voyage, we’re gonna have our eyes locked onto that screen, making sure we take notes and gather all we need to give you a continuation of the best reign in NXT.

JD Blake: That’s right cause we…are that damn good.

Gage Goldberg (c) vs. Keaton Duell (NXT Championship)
The entrances say it all. The fire in the eyes of the challenger, who battled his way through the entire men’s roster to make a name for himself, face to face with the champion, who’s reigned on top of the brand for 226 days and counting. Gage, who’s made a statement, making it clear that in his eyes, his challenger is always gonna be second best, looks to crumple Duell’s dignity into a ball and make sure that his testimony rings true.

The power from both men, the strength, trying to overpower each other, grants Gage what seems to be his biggest challenge yet. When Gage fought his previous opponents, he had the obvious high ground but Keaton is making it clear that he isn’t a pushover. But setting up for that Fireman’s Carry Alabama Slam, what he calls Collateral, was the biggest mistake he could have made. Gage slips down behind and pushes his challenger into the ropes, following it up with a spear! With Keaton seeing stars, he’s hoisted up for the Jackhammer!

WINNER: Gage Goldberg

Gage celebrates with his freshly retained gold, grabbing a mic…

Gage Goldberg: One by one. I have defeated every man in this division. There is simply nobody left for me to face. They fell like dominoes and I have proven time and time again why I’m the guy who is going to carry NXT back to stardom. Because, simply, there is no one else capable of doing it. No one else capable of beating me. And that-

No way! No way! He can’t be here…He is! Nathan Frazer! After a year away, people thought he had left the company when in reality, he’s right back home! Frazer makes a beeline for the ring, getting nose to nose with the champ quickly. Gage can’t believe what he’s witnessing! The crowd is on their feet for Nathan as the show closes and we might have our next challenger…

Last edited: