• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Year long title.

DashingPerfection

The Artiste
CM Punk has the longest title reign in WWE History. It all started at Survivor Series last year (November 20th) when he beat Alberto Del Rio.
90860c8d23c03582d1d6917d0d52ffdc._.jpg

Then on January 2nd, The Iotola of Rock 'n rolla , Y2J, Chris Jericho returned and wanted to beat CM Punk and prove that he's the 'Best in the world at what he does today'.
81d5c1933240994541ccc983d2591968._.jpg

Daniel Bryan soon wanted to be champ again. When AJ Lee kissed Punk, Bryan was furious with him, and wanted to beat him more then anything. But as you know he failed.
images

Kane stepped in during their rivalry and wanted the championship. Monsters don't always win. He failed to dethrone Punk as well.
a72ec8fbafce26b94600db32451b1202._.jpg

Just recently, John Cena has cashed in his MITB contract on CM Punk on the 1000th episode of Raw. He failed like all the others.
6b0b871d2041106d8d723a0878a70ebb._.jpg

Can anyone beat Punk?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Google Bob Backlund(inb4 Leo) and Bruno Sammartino, they have had the championship WAY longer, but congrats on CM Punk. Hope he keeps it longer, he's becoming interesting again.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Punk doesn't have the longest title reign... Don't know where you got that from.

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/historyofwrestling/tp/longestreigning.htm

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Actually no, only John Cena has a longer reign, by 380 days. CM Punk has topped everyone else though if it's only WWE, but WWE shares the same history with WWF since it's the same company.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Yeah what the other guys said, Punk doesn't have the longest reign. As far as him loosing, it'll be to Cena and it'll be real soon. It pains me to say it, but that's what's going to end up happening. I figure they'll want to have another Cena/Rock fight which'll probably happen at the rumble since Rock said he's challenging whoever is the WWE champion. It's on Punk's list to win a royal rumble and what better time to do it then when Rocky is champ. Rock being Champ sets up the whole spotlight scenario with Punk which'll lead up to mania. On a side note I could also see The Rock getting involved at The Night of Champions PPV to sway the match either way. He could get revenge on punk for the GTS at Raw 1000 or he could cost Cena the match, so that he's guaranteed to get his hands on Punk at the rumble.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
He didn't say WWE title, just title reign. WWE title only John Cena has a longer reign.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
punk IS cena in my eyes. Shit run, shitty feuds, and DB carried his feud for months. Sure, you are happy now, because there is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference from punk 2 months ago to today, get the title to someone else.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
WWE and WWF is the same thing, it is the same title. Punk and Cena both are far from the longest reigning champ. Bruno Sammartino held the title for 11 years. I'd probably do something drastic if Cena or Punk held it for that long.

DashingPerfection

The Artiste
Stopspot said:
WWE and WWF is the same thing, it is the same title. Punk and Cena both are far from the longest reigning champ. Bruno Sammartino held the title for 11 years. I'd probably do something drastic if Cena or Punk held it for that long.

It's not the same. WWF Had way better superstars then today. WWF had the Undisputed championship. The WWF Title.

Stopspot

Still the same company run by the same family with the same title. When they changed their name they didn't turn the company over and start a new one, just changed the name. To say it isn't the same company just because of different storylines is not a valid point, in that case the WWE would become a new company every five or ten years or so.

DashingPerfection

The Artiste
Stopspot said:
Still the same company run by the same family with the same title. When they changed their name they didn't turn the company over and start a new one, just changed the name. To say it isn't the same company just because of different storylines is not a valid point, in that case the WWE would become a new company every five or ten years or so.

Got me there.

Stopspot

Punk is easily the guy with the longest reign since Cena's initial reign I believe but he has a long way to go.