Yeah, what's the update with TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Aries, Styles, and Jo gone? Missed out on Steen?

Has Testify had a heart attack yet? Does TNA still exist? This isn't a disrespectful pipebomb in the slightest. I don't keep up with wrestling any more but noticed those names are in WWE now (good for them). what's TNA like now?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Basically they lost their TV deal with Discovery and got a new one with POP TV in which they pay to be on air. The champion is a heel Matt Hardy. That's all you should want to know about TNA 2016 or @Stopspot can fill you in.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
@Crayo, a stopspot rundown:

TNA got dropped from Discovery because Dixie Carter accidentally sent an internal email to the Discovery VP of programming, in which she called said VP a moron (I am not making this up. This actually happened).
TNA signed with POP TV (the old TV guide network). Some say that they are paying for airtime, TNA are refuting this but it's TNA's word vs teh sheets. They did sign a big TV deal in India which is giving them a lot of money.
They only had paying crowds in attendance in 2015 during the UK tour.
They've just had their first TV taping since July. They survived almost a quarter of a year by converting pre taped PPV matches into a mishmashed title tournament.
Jeff Jarrett left to form his own company. Then invaded TNA. He was kicked out.

Aries left, did a short return to ROH for the hell of it, then just signed with WWE.
Joe left, did a longer run with ROH and then went to WWE.
James Storm left. Got invited to NXT through Billy Gunn, then Gunn got fired for juicing and Storm baled back to TNA.
AJ left in 2014, became a worldwide star. Is now with WWE.
They turned Matt Hardy heel and put the belt on him.
EC3 is the only thing worth watching in TNA now, also Drew Galloway (McIntyre) from time to time.

And half the knockouts either got pregnant, found Christ or a combo of the two.

They had an interesting year to say the least.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Incredible post there.

Wow, Carter is a moron then it seems. Pre-taped postings for half a year+? Wtfff
When they knew they were getting kicked off of DA in favor of more Bigfoot and Alaska themed programming they did not yet know where they would go, so they could not book more TV tapings. There was legitimate talk of them actually going under.

And yeah, Dixie is the dumb dumb. But not in that charming Vince McMahon way. Kinda surprised she did not bring Hulk back when WWE kicked him to the curve for racist rants in his sex tape.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
If WWE wants a wrestler, they're going to get them. Nothing TNA can do about it, everyone wants to work for WWE at the end of the day, even if they say otherwise.. TNA has to to rely on Jeff Hardy and building their own stars now.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA has been VERY decent this year - Matt Hardy's being built up as a heel for EC3 to come back and slay as the face of the company. They're also building up the tag team, KO and X-Division... divisions slowly, with the likes of Beer Money, Drake-Godderz, Steve-Abyss and EY-Bram in the tag team division already (not the best, but they're doing it), they had a whole bunch of new knockouts at One Night Only and I expect to see a few of them debut on Impact in the UK or the Orlando tapings (I think) after that and well, we have the likes of Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett (injured) signed to permanant deals, with Ospreay, Big Damo and Havoc wrestling on the UK tour. We also have "The Miracle" who seems like a great talent.

IMO you should just check it out, TNA seem to be rebuilding the roster and guys like Mandrews are even being given pushes, which is exciting to see.

• Haha
Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
hVpM1JW.jpg

Stopspot talking about TNA and their fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm not giving up in that horse is pulverized. I got to stick to the one gimmick I have that works.

I got into TNA in 2012 when everything was champagne and fancy chocolates dandy. Then it's been a spiral into the odd and weird ever since.