Yeah Eric, let's skip that LITTLE detail...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Alex Marvez of Scripps News has a new interview up with Eric Bischoff. Here are some of the highlights:

Bischoff on why he hooked up with TNA: "It was the combination of a lot of things. Most of all, I like Dixie. She has a lot of integrity and I like to be in business with people like that. Secondly, I saw an opportunity. The way we have our deal structured is great for Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment. And this provided me with a chance to get back into a business I love. I believe a creative person who has a certain feel for this business can change the fortunes of this company in a good way."

Bischoff on learning from WCW: "No matter what people have said or written about me, I know what I accomplished changed the business and had a positive impact. I also made a lot of mistakes and have the scar tissue to prove it. I'm going to try and repeat the good stuff and avoid the bad stuff."

Bischoff on Vince McMahon: "I have a tremendous respect for Vince and, in a perverse way, like him. But at the end of the day, I think I'm better than him. I'm more creative than him and have a better feel for the business. It's just that he happens to be a lot more successful than I am."

He has also created practically every star the business has seen, while you ripped off the nWo angle and made Goldberg...

PeepShow

Listened to the entire interview on MNM and was wondering when this quote was going to pop up on the net.

I totally agree that he is more creative than Vince. (not that that is saying much) I mean Vince isn't creative. He isn't a booker and doesn't come up w/ storylines. Bisch has and sometimes does. All Vince does is give insight to things he wants to see or not. So I mean w/e but it is a fact.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think Vince has a better idea business wise on how to run a successful company, wrestling or not. Above anything related to the wrestling industry, I think Vince usually knows what's good for business. His only problem is that he always goes for business > the customer. When a truly good companies ethics involve 50% status quo and 50% customer service.

But when it comes to a creative stand point, Bischoff blows Vince away. Then again, so does Paul Heyman, so does Jim Cornette, so does well....just about every creative mind in the business that Vince has butted heads with. lol.

Reaction score
I totally agree that he is more creative than Vince. (not that that is saying much) I mean Vince isn't creative. He isn't a booker or come up w/ storylines. Bisch has and sometimes does. All Vince does is give insight to things he wants to see or not. So I mean w/e but it is a fact.

If you think that Vince only gives insight your way off. He might not have the title "booker" but he is the boss and does way more than just give insight, everything is molded how he sees fit. His accomplishments are far and above that of Bisch's and it's not even debatable. There's a reason Vince put Eric and his company 6 ft under, and it certainly isn't because Eric is more creative or a better booker than Vince.

They way I see it Bischoff's best angle was the nWo. Hands down. Great business, revolutionary. But people sickened of it quick with the monotonous overkill.

Vince first revolutionized the business with national expansion, the way wrestling, or sports entertainment is today is because of Vince and his ideas and foresight. That automatically places him above Eric in every single category.

Vince's best ideas: Hulk fucking Hogan. He made him. Packaged him. Sold him. Eric's best idea came from a twist on the biggest product Vince ever sold and added big names that Vince created. Bischoff just took what Vince built and repackaged it. A safe analogy would be that Vince can make shit from scratch and Bisch is cooking muthfuckin Hamburger Helper!

So does Bisch make bigger stars than Vince? Nope. Never. Not at all. The only truly homegrown star Bisch can lay claim to building from scratch was Goldberg. That's really it. Everyone else on WCW's roster was well established before Eric got there (well maybe you can argue DDP) or were established by Vince. It's not debatable, it's fact. Vince created more and bigger stars than Eric B could ever dream of or lie about.

Not to mention the two biggest draws ever were created by Vince. Hogan drew shitloads and Austin, in a period of three years outdrew what Hogan did in the 80's and made the millionaire Vince into a billionaire, not to mention he had more sell outs than Hogan did, so Austin does have a legitimate claim to "Biggest draw ever".

So comparing a man who oversaw a business that was hot for two years, then oversaw the start of it's demise to a man that built the business the way it is, who unquestionably built the two hottest (three if you include Rocky) tickets the industry has ever known is bullshit and bogus. There is NO comparison. There's a reason Bisch has worked for Vince and now working for a relative no-name company, no matter if it's #2 promotion, the gaping hole between the two companies is too obtuse to warrant "competition."