• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Yao Ming a Bust?

Smackdown Fan

Reaction score
My new work (It's not very good)

619copydm6.png

So this is my new work it's better than what I have done in the past but it's still pretty bad.

So what do ya think?

King_Ash

Reaction score
Yeah the font needs to change thats all other then that its 8/10. Hit up one of my font packs you might find something you like.

Wrestling Station

Text looks lame, the placement of text i dont like, the PSD is ok, but you could have added some effects to if as its too clear and it obscures the target image with that bright flashes towards the target...

But good work SD fan.

6.5/10

Killswitch

Reaction score
Looking back on it now, I can't help but think that Houston did a terrible job in managing Yao's career. Sure, he was the #1 pick and franchise player, but does that really mean you have to play him in 240 games in his first three years when you knew he had obligations to the Chinese team during the off-season? Did they seriously think that Yao's 7'6" frame could take that much of a beating if they expected him to be a long-term investment? I doubt we'll ever see anyone with Yao's size and skill set ever again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree with you, Houston did a HORRIBLE job with Yao,but when he was healthy he was a beast and yeah it's unlikely to see anybody like Yao come along anytime soon.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He isn't the 1st player of his size in the NBA so won't be the last. History has shown though that these tall ass lanky just do not work out long term and he sadly didn't beat history. His talent lived up to his height but in the end with all the injuries yeah he was a bust.

Reid

Reaction score
Yeah, cause when they drafted him I doubt they thought he'd be retiring before the decade was over pretty much. I think for a while we will see more players like Dwight Howard being drafted, 6'10" or 6'11" guys who are hella athletic, none of these big lanky guys who are super tall but break down after 5 years.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Was Drazen Petrovic?

At the end of the day Yao did his part. He was a multiple time all star and All NBA team member. He brought the Rockets back to the playoffs for the first time since Barkley, Hakeem, and Pippen were there and kept them with winning seasons. He played for his country very well if you look at his stats before coming over. He was a great ambassador to the league and introduced China to the brand and attracted fans like only the true greats have. Lastly he will be a hall of famer automatically because it is the Basketball Hall of Fame and they honor your achievements for your ball career as a whole.

Yao wasn't a bust, if you want to see one look up the name: Oden, Greg.

----

As for the talk of the lanky player making it and lasting at a high level, the only one who could take that claim is Big Z who fought like hell to return to the league and took a chance on a foot surgery that they told him could 50/50 end his career; he is the Grant Hill of big men so to speak

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Being an actual Rocekts fan I'll chime in.

Yao helped us get to the playoffs for several seasons without much of a supporting cast. Some good role players and well pretty much Tracy McGrady who ended being just as unreliable as Yao was. Once Yao and Tracy were really out of the mix the Rockets completely fell apart. Having to rely on folks like Chuck Hayes? With that said they somehow managed a 21 game win streak once over the last few years without Yao before he came back from yet another injury. I enjoyed his run, but somebody like him is always a risk and I'm sure they knew that when they drafted him. Hell, anytime you take someone at #1 overall and they don't make it to Hall of Fame numbers I'm sure most folks would say that is a bust. As a fan of a team that kept making the playoffs through all his injuries and McGradys they were a solid Western Conference team for a good while. When you have teams like the Spurs and Lakers with better management and a better group of stars just being able to compete was good enough for the early 00s to mid 00s.

For all the good moments he gave me I wouldn't call him a bust. That would be just wrong.