• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
F8cdEyPcd6M10BK0Gdm1KlVoXYKd3NSj1wys02eXt1gGV2j2KJzjO-T9tmHJeV3G0b_ioRrG-n6tCzb93S-1DXaEC4cGeiRBMUbvAgcKskzQEzxVpvNeGHdXJKtQqa-hp6YPI0WX

Backstory

Covid-19. The global pandemic. The world wide infection that ruined everything. With the entire wrestling community being massively effected.

The WWE survived, but only just having to make a number of roster cuts and drastically change its spending model.

All Elite Wrestling
would go out of business as the Khans would choose to protect their investments and holding connected to the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham Football Club.

Impact Wrestling - bankrupt.

National Wrestling Alliance - bankrupt.

Major League Wrestling and Ring of Honor would combine their resource together, to create a new promotion known as 'League of Honor'.

NJPW would always survive - but in a similar fashion to the WWE, would struggle to retain the services of some of their higher paid workers.

An opening in the market would be created. An opening that would lead to the creation of a new wrestling promotion registered as the
'Xtreme Wrestling Organization' or simply XWO for short. The company would be bankrolled by The Steinbrenners (New York Yankess), Robert Pera (Memphis Grizzles) and Dubai Inc. (the business group representing the government of Dubai). The combined spending power of the owners would allow the new promotion to sign a number of wrestlers to exclusive contracts with the company, which would be split into two separate brands. Monday Night Revenge and Friday Night Smackdown - in a bold move of literally going head-to-head with WWE's showcase products RAW and Smackdown creating a highly competitive ratings wars overnight, without the Xtreme Wrestling Organization having even announced a single worker who would be working for them going forward.

It would be announced that the promotion would host their first show, in the form of a Pay Per View named 'NIGHT OF INFAMY' that would take place on the 10th January 2021.

A dirt sheet had revealed that various WWE Shareholders - were literally shitting themselves about the possible ramifications that could come about if XWO became an international success.​

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
FDq2RuqM2DDv4j-W2-xSjC09EH0HicehkXMdBmeAaMtWW3g81LTOURPqSTzv-YzkAOK-R1AvhlA7fgMaN_fB88ahzxyDdz8LcGIRQgPLl9oNg8ujESix046jaKyq58GETejFyklO

Last edited:
Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
1dYFLPaCBFDumabs6eI2s3LzA6jvHdWrxDBztNEEK6McSUlzhUm3NGvEBqqyGqPf6-dNr9DZLOBLG9FA69W61Rhkc2J__q5QTRxH4ebstn1IPMZPQNTocvUVb2IvlcwWI2zCNzxS

Last edited:
Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
PPV-Logo-Final.png

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NIGHT OF INFAMY UPDATE

2021-04-07-jericho-innercircle-promo-096-jpg-1618405238.jpg

Chris Jericho would feature as the main focus of an XWO Press Conference, with a promotion representative revealing that talent was being assigned exclusively to either Revenge or Meltdown and this was being done based on a variety of divisions and opportunities would take place on either brand. One detail that would be revealed, was that all of the Women's wrestling would take place exclusively on Friday Night Meltdown as things currently stood but that more information would be revealed at a later date. It would be confirmed that Jericho had signed a multi-year contract with the Monday Night Revenge Brand and that as part of his contract had been promised a shot at the xWo Championship. Jericho would have a lot to say on the matter, and below is a key snippet of what he had to say on the matter.

"When AEW went out of business a lot of us were saddened and stricken with grief, because it almost left like a small child had died and with it opportunities for so many wrestlers disappeared with just a blink of an eye. And it was just AEW that was hit by the financial issues of COVID, so for many people including myself this new company is a life raft. A new place to call home and somewhere that we can call home once again. We are the alternative and we are the competition and we are not going away anytime soon. I am very much looking forward to Night of Infamy, where I will do everything in my power to become the inaugural xWo Champion. And I honestly can't wait to find out who my opponent is going to be. I am also happy to announce that Inner Circle members Sammy Guevara, Santana and Ortiz will also be joining me as members of the Monday Night Revenge roster after I did everything in my power to secure them a place in this company. My dear friend Jake Hager wished all of his Inner Circle brothers the best of luck, but his primary focus is his MMA career which we all respect him for. But don't be surprised if you see him from time to time as my special guest. I hope all the fans are looking forward to Night of Infamy, as it will mark the beginning of the end for those cronies and fools in Stamford, Connecticut!" - Chris Jericho

It would in fact be confirmed that Guevara, Santana and Ortiz had in fact joined xWo, but none of the three men were present and therefore unable to comment on the situation.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Good shit Juice :mark:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NIGHT OF INFAMY UPDATE

The press conference would continue with the XWO official revealing none other than Hiroshi Tanahashi as the first man that had signed to wrestling on Friday Night Meltdown.The official would act as a translator for Tanahashi who spoke broken English, but for such an important moment it was essential that everyone understood everything that Tanahashi wanted to say.

hiroshi-tanahashi-during-a-press-conference-of-the-wrestle-kingdom-13-picture-id1053740372

"Nearly all of my career I have worked in Japan and I have never regretted any of the choices I have made in that regard. The creation of this new company has led to a new opportunity being created, and with it being made clear to be that I would be one of a handful of top Japanese talent brought this company it quickly became clear to me that it would be foolish of me not to take up this opportunity that was being presented to me. I have been informed that I will feature in the the co-main event at Night of Infamy at that I will be challenging for the xWo World Championship, which I consider to be a great honour and honestly was something that I wasn't expecting. I of course won't complain that I have been put in this position as that would be foolish, and I quite simply thankful to the championship committee that came to this decision. There has been hints at a few people that I might be up against, but at this time I am unable to disclose this information. I am however, looking forward to living in the United States on a permanent basis, but at the same time I am hopeful there will be opportunities for this new company to work on an international basis and one day perhaps have a live show in Japan." - Hiroshi Tanahashi

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NIGHT OF INFAMY UPDATE

The press conference would continue with the appearance of a talented young wrestler, who had as of late really been making a name for himself in Japan - the Canadian born El Phantasmo.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Apparently these stooges running the show actually thought it was good idea to let two decrepit old bastards speak before me on a day of such magnitude. The first day in the history of the Xtreme Wrestling Organization. If you don't know who I am, well then you are either a daft fool or someone with no imagination who thinks that the sports entertainment coming out of the brain of an OAP is the best thing on the block. My name is El Phantasmo and I am the hottest free agent to join the xWo and I am happy to reveal that I have signed a contract to become the newest member of Monday Night Revenge. Which means the Bullet Clubs reach has extended once again - and our reach has found a new prize. I have been told that I am to be the future of this company, so much so that the championship committee has booked me in a match to face some irrelevant little fucker called Sammy Guevara. It won't just be any match though, it will be an X-Division match to become the first ever Evo-Division Champion. Too Sweet!" - El Phantasmo

An XWO official would indeed confirm that El Phantasmo would face Sammy Guevara at Night of Infamy for the vacant Evo-Division Championship before introducing a second person to the podium, with it being revealed that this person would be Hiroshi Tanahashi's opponent at Night of Infamy...Mil Muertes. Mil Muertes would be joined by Catrina on the platform, with it becoming quite clear that it would be Catrina who would be speaking on behalf of her client.

famousb.png

"I have been very fortunate to once again become the official representation of the 'Man of 1000 Deaths' Mil Muertes. My client welcomes the challenge that has been offered by the creation of this new company and he relishes the prospect of facing Hiroshi Tanahashi for the first time in his career, and he admits he would of been lying that a challenge to face a new foe does indeed raise his pulse slightly. The rest of the Revenge roster is put on notice, because after Mil has feasted on the heart of the 'Ace of the Universe' he will seek to collect all the severed heads of his fallen enemies. The age of Mil Muertes will begin once he is in possession of xWo World Champion! ¡Temedle porque es la muerte!" - Catrina

CONFIRMED MATCHES

FqdwCuG7XCLYjrTTI-cszeY0u0bR2HsMgCr1Kz6eWJzSOMEa1g-weUBzhnVLb2EKPZBSBGFFgJDei5Q3lS9K27bG98KhWdjN3q_J34HhL0vXEhDXjggFnum-PDFh0XYVzT6F_dXI

Singles Match
Mil Muertes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

BAdEMQgj7rUMHTi2OyjAlYuuCncSQBhyHS8E9w8wXQe0HIhP6_WbfnqeM1Uj2p85OBY-pOKjfe2_d7-ebsc9A1CkIjzxCWBeDE79ZSOPohg5JrJXga7FiUy4bO3bV5XGpDntDazt

X-Division Match
El Phantasmo vs. Sammy Guevara

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NIGHT OF INFAMY UPDATE

An XWO official would announce that one of the headline matches that would take at Night of Infamy would a six man ladder match for the Meltdown Championship, which would act as the second tier title on the Friday night brand. The official would then proceed to invite all of the men to the stage in turn, to share their feelings ahead of the match. The first person welcomed to the stage would be Adam Cole.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Before I get asked the question that I know everyone is going to ask, I am just going to answer it. I have spent the last four years working my ass off on WWE's development brand and as much as I proved myself as a top talent, I do feel as I was held back far longer than I should have been. Idiots like AJ Styles turned up to work for the WWE and their first appearance was the Royal Rumble match, whilst they expected me to work my ass off in the minors. Well enough was enough, and as soon as I got the call to work for xWo I jumped at the opportunity. I have no idea who my fellow opponents are going to end up being, but none of them are going to matchup to me. The Turncoat of professional wrestling Adam Cole!" - Adam Cole

The producer would introduce the second man to the stage - Jon Moxley.

aew-jon-moxley-nycc-1191073-640x320-1280x720.jpeg

"Oh look it Adam Cole. I believe we only had the pleasure of meeting each other once. I don't know when and I don't remember where, but I am pretty positive I kicked the crap out of you back then when I was only half the fighter I am today. You kid have absolutely no chance standing in that ring with me and I am very much looking forward to beating the shit out of your scrawny little man child body!" - Jon Moxley

Before a full out heated argument broke out the producer to invite the next two entrant to the stage at the same time, with both Josh Alexander and Pentagon, Jr. walking out from the back with Alex Abrahantes accompanying Pentagon to the stage.

EwM3AeDXYAQTLIZ.jpg

"Pentagon says that everyone on this stage is an absolutely idiot and they have no right to be one the stage as 'Cero Miedo'. Pentagon also says Jon Moxley is a fat old American whose wife sleeps with everyone young rookie on her boring interview show!" - Alex Abrahantes

"What did you just say you scrawny twerp!" - Jon Moxley

"Pentagon also says that Adam Cole is a glorified poster boy for an irrelevant indie promotion called Ring of Honor, but has never been anything other than a slut for Triple H for last for years doing exactly what he is told, always knowing that he was never going to be allowed to join the main roster." - Alex Abrahantes

"You son of a fucking bitch!" - Adam Cole

Pentagon then proceeds to point towards Josh Alexander and shrugs

"Pentagon says he has no idea who this jobber is, but that he will happily kick his ass too." - Alex Abrahantes

Not looking for any sort of physical interactions to take place, the XWO official would make a number of gestures which result as Jon Moxley, Pentagon, Jr. and Adam Cole all leaving the stage with just Josh Alexander remaining.

01-josh-alexander-3.jpg

"Well I can see that those three certainly had some history, but from the list of names that have been mentioned I must admit that I feel a little bit out of place. I am grateful for the opportunity that the championship committee has provided me, and I know that I am the biggest underdog going into this match. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain and I would..." - Josh Alexander

Alexander would find himself being interrupted by Cody Rhodes who would make his way onto the stage.

cody-rhodes-aew-1.jpg

"Lesson one when speaking to press Mr. Alexander, don't come off generic and boring. No one wants to hear the story of the underdog, if it is the same story as every other underdog that has come beforehand. I am well of aware of your skills as a wrestler, but perhaps you should spend a little bit less time applying hair gel in the morning and a little bit more time cutting a promo in the mirror. You see what I did there, I made a joke because you don't have any hair on that stupid head of yours. Now I want to go on record in stating I was deeply saddened that the Khan family cut their funding, which resulted in the end of AEW. I always knew that TK was a prick though, so I am looking forward to this new future ahead of me. And at the top of the ladder, is the Meltdown Championship waiting for me. Longing to become the newest member of the Nightmare Family." - Cody Rhodes

The sixth and final entrant would come to the podium and only say three short words, before the first official press conference would come to a conclusion.

D4zVHGWWwAAJSj1.jpg

"God has arrived." - Kota Ibushi

CONFIRMED MATCHES

FqdwCuG7XCLYjrTTI-cszeY0u0bR2HsMgCr1Kz6eWJzSOMEa1g-weUBzhnVLb2EKPZBSBGFFgJDei5Q3lS9K27bG98KhWdjN3q_J34HhL0vXEhDXjggFnum-PDFh0XYVzT6F_dXI

Singles Match
Mil Muertes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

XmZjULcZLwkchIyKW0dTONc25k7PPjMqZIxDoYO_kIR38OTizf-4VjlCcSCVrUqF6m7cDBB_528ANbewSqjXlPmUe4IfB-gabVRRPC1loumULCO6Ui6vQeG0Its5cfX8WwtD8SkE

Ladder Match
Pentagon, Jr. vs. Adam Cole vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Josh Alexander vs. Jon Moxley vs. Kota Ibushi

BAdEMQgj7rUMHTi2OyjAlYuuCncSQBhyHS8E9w8wXQe0HIhP6_WbfnqeM1Uj2p85OBY-pOKjfe2_d7-ebsc9A1CkIjzxCWBeDE79ZSOPohg5JrJXga7FiUy4bO3bV5XGpDntDazt

X-Division Match
El Phantasmo vs. Sammy Guevara

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man with AEW hypothetically folding I can only imagine how bad the internet is treating Cody in this timeline :lol

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
1620472922255.png

Following a tweet by Kazuchika Okada - the XWO website would shortly confirm that 'The Rainmaker' had signed a contact with the company and was set to face Chris Jericho at Night of Infamy for the xWo Champion.

1620473618406.png

It would be confirmed that a second press conference would take place later on in the day and that a number of wrestlers that were available would be able to confirm further matches set to take place at Night of Infamy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ain't nothing real-er than guerrilas!

Reactions: CakeWalker

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
NIGHT OF INFAMY UPDATE 2.0

trish+stratus+in+white+outfit.jpg

The second day of Night of Infamy press conferences would begin with Trish Stratus on the podium dressed more like a superhero than a wrestler. There was no announcement, no reasoning, no nothing. Just Trish waiting for silence before she would begin addressing the crowd.

"Why am I here today? Well that answer to that is simple, because I have taken on a position of authority with this new organization. You are not looking at at Trish Stratus the wrestler nor are you looking at Trish Stratus the model. You are looking at Trish Stratus the businesswoman who has been hired to make executive decisions for everything relating to the Women's Division. You could say I am an executive vice president of this promotion and I will be overseeing all the decisions regarding the Women's Division which will includes me having a seat on the championship committee which is imperative when it comes to the booking for both the Women's Championship and Women's Tag Team Championship matches from here on out. I can confirm that both titles will be contested for at Nigh of Infamy, as well as a five team Lucha Rules tag team elimination match with the winner becoming the #1 contender for the Women's Tag Team Championship. The entrants in all these matches will be confirmed over the next few days whether they are present at one of these press events or will announce it over social media is dependent on a number of different things." - Trish Stratus