• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

XFL Discussion Thread

Solid Snake

Champion
Vince McMahon made the announcement today.
The XFL will be launching in 2020. Are you excited?

The announcement stream starts at 31:05

The Gipper

The Gipper
200.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
xnwLzqE.gif

Didn't he try this already...& it was a complete & utter failure costing
him millions upon millions of dollars?

Well...much like the Plank of Wood being in the main event of
Wrestlemania for the last 3 years & Vince expecting the crowd
to cheer him...

Albert-Einstein-Quotes-Insanity-5.png

Rosie

Dark Side
Kind of charged by reasons I already said in another thread, but compared to last time, Vince seemingly has learned from his mistakes. Starting the league later and doing less crossover with WWE.

But, will it be a success? I don't know. Vince is older now and I'm not sure how many more years he'll be active. He's healthy now but your health can take a sudden drop at any time when you reach that age. Example: my grandmother was very healthy for a woman her age, but then in the span of a year got more prone to falling, they found an aneurysm and got early stage dementia. Not to mention some of his decisions with WWE has been mixed over the past number of years.

As for me, I barely watch the NFL, and to be honest, I prefer the CFL for football (which is essentially an alternative of the NFL for us Canadians) and if I watch sports during the Spring and Summer it is hockey and baseball. So, I'm probably not watching regularly.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
If they can find the right washed up guys this could be a mild draw.

QB Pool:
Kap
Tim Tebow
Johnny Manziel
Michael Vick
JaMarcus Russell
Robert Griffin III
Matt Leinart
Vince Young
Jared Lorenzen
Troy Smith

Other potential players:

HB Toby Gerhart- NCAA stud at Stanford
HB Trent Richardson- Heisman winner who is doing well in the CFL I've heard shockingly
WR Terrell Owens- stays in great shape and is broke
WR Chad Johnson- T.O.'s sidekick
DE Michael Sam- Big name from being the first openly gay NFL player
DB Nate Robinson- was a stud in high school and played a bit in college at washington before committing fully to basketball.

But if they really have a rule enforcing that you stand during the anthem I'll probably just skip out on this dumb shit.

Solid Snake

Champion

Yeah and he focused it on sex selling (the cheerleaders) and "huge pops" having the wrestlers get involved. This time he is actually making a legit football league. Because of all the crap that has been going on in the NFL over the last 5 years, I hope he pulls it off. The NBA is already taking over.

Rosie

Dark Side
Yeah and he focused it on sex selling (the cheerleaders) and "huge pops" having the wrestlers get involved. This time he is actually making a legit football league. Because of all the crap that has been going on in the NFL over the last 5 years, I hope he pulls it off. The NBA is already taking over.

Or you can follow the Beaver's solution.

200.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Well...Good luck to him...I guess...

I don't really care personally...I just
want the storylines in the WWE to
improve.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
xnwLzqE.gif

Difference is... The opportunity is there now. Back then, it was difficult. NFL was roaring at the time, now? It's sinking. It represents a perfect opportunity for a new football league. As luck would have it, Vince has a once failed football organization. Trump is president. WWE is bigger than ever. So, right now, it's just the right time.

And besides, the way the videos are pinpointing to about XFL, is that it's not just a sports league. It's also an online streaming service, an online brokerage, an online community, I can go on and on. It sounds good so far.

It also sounds like Vince has been taking notes from NFL's failures.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
But...I thought the WWE's ratings were at an all time low?

Like they haven't been this bad since the mid 90's?
Ratings don't really matter in 2018. People don't watch cable like they used to.

Difference is... The opportunity is there now. Back then, it was difficult. NFL was roaring at the time, now? It's sinking. It represents a perfect opportunity for a new football league. As luck would have it, Vince has a once failed football organization. Trump is president. WWE is bigger than ever. So, right now, it's just the right time.

And besides, the way the videos are pinpointing to about XFL, is that it's not just a sports league. It's also an online streaming service, an online brokerage, an online community, I can go on and on. It sounds good so far.

It also sounds like Vince has been taking notes from NFL's failures.
The thing is it isn't just the NFL that is going to suffer its American football as a whole. The XFL and any other wannabe competing league will face the same issues and questions about long term health effects of playing football just like the NFL is having to for the past number of years.

Honestly if Vince were a genius he would market this as a safer league and have them wear leather helmets and get rid of half the armor they wear. I was watching rugby highlights and those guys actually tackle with proper form instead of just leading with their heads down because low and behold guys don't lead with their heads when they don't have those types of helmets on.