Xbox One or PS4?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Will You Be Buying

• PS4

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah, since you've so weirdly taken offence and made this an argument, I'll stop. But you've made no points at all and have typically become defensive. IMO though you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Me saying Xbox one wins the gaming battle in regards to what exclusives there are doesn't mean I said they have more. I have literally NO care in the world for indie games that my brother would enjoy. I want high quality games by big companies that give us beauties like Call of Duty, FIFA (maybe not so much lol), Assassins Creed, Titan Fall, Bioshock, Skyrim, etc., - those types of games. You've been a gamer your whole life? Congratulations, you have something in common with 99% of the male human race, and it has absolutely no significance in this conversation at all. If we HAVE to talk about independent games though, just read online what every expert says about the Xbox platform - it's MUCH easier for independent game developers to create better games on it. But yeah, I don't really give a fuck about that.

You have no knowledge about this 900p "issue" which to me doesn't even seem like an issue, and you've still made absolutely no point as to how the PS4 is apparently a better product all around (apart from the price). I am a competitive GAMER and being a competitive GAMER means NOT getting a PS4 lol. All the tournaments I want to enter in are Xbox only because the Xbox competitive gaming community is just SO much larger than the playstation's. That's a personal reason for getting an Xbox and not a reason I expect anyone else to have in common with me, but this absolutely hilarious myth that PS4 is "for gamers" is what solo gamers are touting around telling everyone to make themselves seem more legit as gamers lmao.

Xbox might force me to be online? Well, I'm online 24/7 on my Xbox anyway, so I don't give a flying fuck.

It just seems to me I can name Xbox One specific features like cloud servers which make it seem next gen, where as the PS4 is just a newer PS3 and is rightly cheaper.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Leo C actually can say the opposite thing that most Sony users are using as their reasoning for getting a ps4 here. It looks like its going to be $1,850 for a ps4, while only 1,016 for an xbox one :pity:

http://kotaku.com/playstation-4-will-cost-1-850-in-brazil-1447101291 - 2nd time using this link.

I'm really thankful for where i live now, $2k leaving my pocket for a launch console and 2 games max? OH HELL NO!

Yeah, every damn console is like this. I heard Sony even wanted to launch the console here at the same price you get in US but our government was the one who went OH HELL NO and layed the taxes down on us, brother. I'll probably be getting it in like 2016 or something like that :dawg:

Reactions: Crayo

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, since you've so weirdly taken offence and made this an argument, I'll stop.
Taking the high road.....

And then talking mad shit haha.
But you've made no points at all and have typically become defensive. IMO though you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Me saying Xbox one wins the gaming battle in regards to what exclusives there are doesn't mean I said they have more. I have literally NO care in the world for indie games that my brother would enjoy. I want high quality games by big companies that give us beauties like Call of Duty, FIFA (maybe not so much lol), Assassins Creed, Titan Fall, Bioshock, Skyrim, etc., - those types of games. You've been a gamer your whole life? Congratulations, you have something in common with 99% of the male human race, and it has absolutely no significance in this conversation at all. If we HAVE to talk about independent games though, just read online what every expert says about the Xbox platform - it's MUCH easier for independent game developers to create better games on it. But yeah, I don't really give a fuck about that.

You have no knowledge about this 900p "issue" which to me doesn't even seem like an issue, and you've still made absolutely no point as to how the PS4 is apparently a better product all around (apart from the price). I am a competitive GAMER and being a competitive GAMER means NOT getting a PS4 lol. All the tournaments I want to enter in are Xbox only because the Xbox competitive gaming community is just SO much larger than the playstation's. That's a personal reason for getting an Xbox and not a reason I expect anyone else to have in common with me, but this absolutely hilarious myth that PS4 is "for gamers" is what solo gamers are touting around telling everyone to make themselves seem more legit as gamers lmao.

Xbox might force me to be online? Well, I'm online 24/7 on my Xbox anyway, so I don't give a flying fuck.

It just seems to me I can name Xbox One specific features like cloud servers which make it seem next gen, where as the PS4 is just a newer PS3 and is rightly cheaper.

:obama:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, since you've so weirdly taken offence and made this an argument, I'll stop. But you've made no points at all and have typically become defensive. IMO though you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Me saying Xbox one wins the gaming battle in regards to what exclusives there are doesn't mean I said they have more. I have literally NO care in the world for indie games that my brother would enjoy. I want high quality games by big companies that give us beauties like Call of Duty, FIFA (maybe not so much lol), Assassins Creed, Titan Fall, Bioshock, Skyrim, etc., - those types of games. You've been a gamer your whole life? Congratulations, you have something in common with 99% of the male human race, and it has absolutely no significance in this conversation at all. If we HAVE to talk about independent games though, just read online what every expert says about the Xbox platform - it's MUCH easier for independent game developers to create better games on it. But yeah, I don't really give a fuck about that.

Lmfao i'm not defensive at all. I just gave you tons of reasons why I would choose. You are picking a system entirely on exclusives

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah I got irate again lol. It just bothers me how every Sony fan I know (not talking about Danielson here btw) says "PS4 is for gamers" - why? The Xbox gaming community isn't only bigger, but it's much bigger for serious competitive money-making gamers. How can a smaller and less competitive gaming community call itself the community for gamers? That makes no sense lmao.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I need a projector. I'm just going with the 42" tele, but something about projectors is starting to appeal to me lol. Unfortunately the larger the screen the worse for me :(.

It all depends on what kind, i can size mine up and down depending on the game (sports games on a full wall are just impossible)

I'd say check into it, i found a salesman here who does tech work for projector company NEC and get them for around 2-300$ max, and my $300 one retailed for 1400 only a year before (and this was new still not used). The lamp takes an eternity to run out, take it from someone who has it on 10+ hours a day easily....you could run it 24/7 and i bet it would last 8-10 months...replacements are only about 140 and putting it in is as easy as one screw and then changing like you would your lamp at home.

Reactions: Crayo

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, every damn console is like this. I heard Sony even wanted to launch the console here at the same price you get in US but our government was the one who went OH HELL NO and layed the taxes down on us, brother. I'll probably be getting it in like 2016 or something like that :dawg:

Actually the article says Microsoft's is cheaper because they opted to pay the taxes themselves (like bosses)

While Sony decided to put the tax burden on you.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You are picking a system entirely on exclusives
Did you just make something up and hope it's true or am I reading this wrong? There's many reasons I'm going for Xbox:

• Everyone I play with is getting one. Why game alone on a PS4 when I could rob some poor virgin on GTA with Xanth and co?
  • Cloud servers. The biggest issue I have on games as a competitive gamer is server issues. On FIFA my 100% unbeaten record was ruined by EA Servers kicking me offline and me getting a loss for that. I've joined so many Black Ops 2 League Play games and lost my win streak because my 4th team mate couldn't connect or was timed out. Cloud servers is a dream.
  • The new gen features. Many won't use Kinect, but if it means I can swap between TV and Xbox and other shit by using my mouth only? I'm game. I hate finding controllers and switching cables. This fixes all of that. Skype integration is also awesome.
  • Xbox UI. The UI has been so much better than PS3 and I'm thinking it will on Xbox One too. I love the design and ease-of-use when it comes to Xbox's.
  • Exclusives. There are quite a few Xbox-only games I want. Not sure why I'd buy a PS4 knowing I'm missing out on games I can not play. Titan Fall looks like it can be the best game ever. I want to play that. Dead Rising 3 as well.
  • Tournaments. Every competitive tournament is Xbox only pretty much, and I want to be competing in those dawg.
  • My Xbox account currently gets carried over with its achievements and shit like that. Don't want to start fresh.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I got irate again lol. It just bothers me how every Sony fan I know (not talking about Danielson here btw) says "PS4 is for gamers" - why? The Xbox gaming community isn't only bigger, but it's much bigger for serious competitive money-making gamers. How can a smaller and less competitive gaming community call itself the community for gamers? That makes no sense lmao.

I don't understand how you took me as being defensive. Those were my legit reasons why I want a ps4, man. I get that you don't agree with it, and you don't give a fuck about what I said as far as the integration aspect goes. I'm sorry that my knowledge on the 900P is not well known, but it's those concerns that are brought to light that scare me dude. I don't hear about that sort of stuff with the ps4. I just feel safer buying a ps4, and i'm sorry that you think i'm being defensive. I thought we could actually talk about it without getting upset. To be honest, I don't care what people buy.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Actually the article says Microsoft's is cheaper because they opted to pay the taxes themselves (like bosses)

While Sony decided to put the tax burden on you.

That sucks. But so does the next Xbox, so yeah I'll wait for a price drop. If true Sony were douchebags, but still I'm sure most of the blame falls on the government because the taxes are waay too high here for everything.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
i don't see the point in rushing out to get a ps4/xbox tbh i'm waiting at least a year to get a ps4 the winning feature for me is being ableto play ps4 game on the go via ps vita something which the xbox can't do but still theres more ps3 games i wanna play before i think of getting one

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't understand how you took me as being defensive. Those were my legit reasons why I want a ps4, man. I get that you don't agree with it, and you don't give a fuck about what I said as far as the integration aspect goes. I'm sorry that my knowledge on the 900P is not well known, but it's those concerns that are brought to light that scare me dude. I don't hear about that sort of stuff with the ps4. I just feel safer buying a ps4, and i'm sorry that you think i'm being defensive. I thought we could actually talk about it without getting upset. To be honest, I don't care what people buy.

Sorry it just appeared so with the dialect. Hard to tell online when there is no emotion into posts lol. My bad if you were as chilled as I am :).

Tbh, take every review and issues people have with consoles with a grain of salt. Every respectable developer or reviewer has stated it's impossible to compare until they're out. The freezing would have scared me if I were a Sony fan, but I know they're not going to release the console before they fix that issue. Plus, I'm not sure if I'm buying the Xbox One immediately. Best to check review websites after both has been released for bugs and shit.

I'm like you, but I feel safer buying the Xbox lol. Maybe it's because I felt Xbox 360 was so many leagues ahead of the PS3 that I assume the One will be too. Either way, it's lots of money. It's annoying that in the UK it's more expensive than it is in the US too. Does my head in.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Did you just make something up and hope it's true or am I reading this wrong? There's many reasons I'm going for Xbox:

• Everyone I play with is getting one. Why game alone on a PS4 when I could rob some poor virgin on GTA with Xanth and co?
  • Cloud servers. The biggest issue I have on games as a competitive gamer is server issues. On FIFA my 100% unbeaten record was ruined by EA Servers kicking me offline and me getting a loss for that. I've joined so many Black Ops 3 League Play games and lost my win streak because my 4th team mate couldn't connect or was timed out. Cloud servers is a dream.
  • The new gen features. Many won't use Kinect, but if it means I can swap between TV and Xbox and other shit by using my mouth only? I'm game. I hate finding controllers and switching cables. This fixes all of that. Skype integration is also awesome.
  • Xbox UI. The UI has been so much better than PS3 and I'm thinking it will on Xbox One too. I love the design and ease-of-use when it comes to Xbox's.
  • Exclusives. There are quite a few Xbox-only games I want. Not sure why I'd buy a PS4 knowing I'm missing out on games I can not play. Titan Fall looks like it can be the best game ever. I want to play that. Dead Rising 3 as well.
  • Tournaments. Every competitive tournament is Xbox only pretty much, and I want to be competing in those dawg.
  • My Xbox account currently gets carried over with its achievements and shit like that. Don't want to start fresh.
All great reasons to get it, it's the console for you. I just tried to articulate why I was getting a ps4, man. It's hard to talk about it when you just say "I don't give a fuck" about things that I find to be important. Some issues are bigger than others, and clearly the xbox one is for you. I wouldn't say you're wrong at all, and I encourage everyone to pick the system they think is best for them. You were interested in hearing why I liked the ps4 more, and why I was scared to get an xbox one and I told you. One thing that I like though is that you're committed to getting the xbox one, and it seems like you won't have any regrets. The biggest mistake is if someone gets something based purely on reputation alone. Good luck dude, no ill will here and took nothing personal.

Reactions: Aids Johnson