Xbox One or PS4?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Will You Be Buying

• PS4

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
And Titan Fall! :)

Kinect is actually useful this time as well.

Titan Fall? Gonna be honest I have not been paying attention to gaming this fall.

Kinect is good imo.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Reactions: Crayo

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Curious to why you think it's a better product. Being lower in price doesn't make it a better product imo.

What else does it have? I guess the specs are slightly better, but nobody knows if that will make ANY difference to gameplay until it's out (suggestions are is that it won't, or that it won't to the point of anyone noticing it). Also, no one can say what product is better until both of them are out.

Xbox One has definitely won the GAMES as the exclusives are just so much better, but the price and no original fuck ups (unlike Microsoft) show that PS4 has won the gamers. But I've seen nothing innovative from Sony with the PS4; it just reminds me of the PS3 but with better specs and finally a better UI. At least Microsoft has tried to make the NEXT GEN console just that - next generation. It had to remove some of those features due to complainers, but it feels much more different than the previous Xbox 360.

But yeah, why do you think the PS4 is a better product?

They both come with eight-core AMD x86 CPUs with 8GB RAM. Xbox comes with ddr3 while ps4 has the better GDDR5. Basically that means that the Ps4 will have better bandwidth which gives them a advantage. When the developers truly utilize this you will see a difference. The PS4 WILL operate around 50% faster than the x-box one. A game operating at 30 fps at peak resolution on ps4 would operate 20 fps on a lower resolution on the xbox one.

The Xbox one does have better exclusives as far as i'm concerned, but IMO (for what that's worth) the best games are available on both consoles. The price isn't really an issue for me, although I wish the XBOX one gave you the option to buy without a kinect. If you couple the ps eye with it's ps4, it will cost you about 60 bucks, so 40 dollars cheaper on that front.

There are issues with the xbox one games only running at 900P though, which is pretty random. You'll have to google that on your own, because I haven't read much about it. It's out there that some will literally max out at 900P. Unless the Microsoft knows some wizardy upscaling, the ps4 will look even better than the xbox one.

I guess i'm just speculating on which will be better. I just go with what i'm able to find on the web, and there are just a ton of lingering issues with the xbox one that put me off. I wouldn't say to a guy he is dumb for buying an xbox one, because everyone has their reasons.

The Microsoft PR just brushed us off and came off extremely arrogant to me. Literally, all the PS4 PR had to do is say, "Oh hey, look our console doesn't have any of those issues, it just plays like any other console"

You can call me what you want, but I've just analyzed the data put in front of me. The better product is Sony at this point.

EDIT: Sony is a better LAUNCH console. I reserve judgement for Microsoft to redeem themselves during this gen.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Graphics barely mean shit to me, I care about games. I couldn't care less if PS4 runs a bit better because I don't want to wait longer to get DLC for Cod and BF or play shitty games like fucking Killzone. I would rather have Titan Fall, Halo and Dead Rising 3 than a bunch of crappy exclusives.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Graphics barely mean shit to me, I care about games. I couldn't care less if PS4 runs a bit better because I don't want to wait longer to get DLC for Cod and BF or play shitty games like fucking Killzone. I would rather have Titan Fall, Halo and Dead Rising 3 than a bunch of crappy exclusives.

That's cool man, i'm not bashing anyone who gets an xbox one. I just feel like the ps4 is focused on gaming while xbox one is more interested in entertainment. I'll admit i'm wrong if xbox one wows me.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
That's cool man, i'm not bashing anyone who gets an xbox one. I just feel like the ps4 is focused on gaming while xbox one is more interested in entertainment. I'll admit i'm wrong if xbox one wows me.

Thats one of the appeals about Xbox One for me, Its not just gaming but movies, music etc. I understand where you are coming from though.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Thats one of the appeals about Xbox One for me, Its not just gaming but movies, music etc. I understand where you are coming from though.

It's really a preference at this point. The only thing i'm going to miss is how great xbox live is as far as playing with other gamers online.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They both come with eight-core AMD x86 CPUs with 8GB RAM. Xbox comes with ddr3 while ps4 has the better GDDR5. Basically that means that the Ps4 will have better bandwidth which gives them a advantage. When the developers truly utilize this you will see a difference. The PS4 WILL operate around 50% faster than the x-box one. A game operating at 30 fps at peak resolution on ps4 would operate 20 fps on a lower resolution on the xbox one.
I know the specs are slightly better, but many - including renowned gaming experts - don't think developers will put in the time to utilise the small differences and even if they did it wouldn't be noticeable. As I said, the specs being better probably means absolutely nothing.

The Xbox one does have better exclusives as far as i'm concerned, but IMO (for what that's worth) the best games are available on both consoles. The price isn't really an issue for me, although I wish the XBOX one gave you the option to buy without a kinect. If you couple the ps eye with it's ps4, it will cost you about 60 bucks, so 40 dollars cheaper on that front.
40 dollars ain't fuck all. I too wish you didn't HAVE to have the kinect, but I can see why they're forcing it. IF price isn't an issue, then I'm still searching for a reason for Ps4 over One.

There are issues with the xbox one games only running at 900P though, which is pretty random. You'll have to google that on your own, because I haven't read much about it. It's out there that some will literally max out at 900P. Unless the Microsoft knows some wizardy upscaling, the ps4 will look even better than the xbox one.
Sorry, but you basically said "I once read something negative regarding Xbox which I didn't understand, you'll need to find it. That's a reason why PS4 is better." Again, I'm still looking here.

I guess i'm just speculating on which will be better. I just go with what i'm able to find on the web, and there are just a ton of lingering issues with the xbox one that put me off. I wouldn't say to a guy he is dumb for buying an xbox one, because everyone has their reasons.
"ton of lingering issues" - you haven't named one though? Can you name some? The only public issues regarding any console was that the PS4 kept FREEZING during their game publications at E3. Xbox hasn't had any issues like that from what I have seen. So yeah, could you post some? I'm curious as an Xbox One buyer.

The Microsoft PR just brushed us off and came off extremely arrogant to me. Literally, all the PS4 PR had to do is say, "Oh hey, look our console doesn't have any of those issues, it just plays like any other console"
Not sure why PR has any factors in why people buy the console. I think the opposite. Microsoft didn't HAVE to make the back-track changes they did - and I wish they didn't - but they did for the community they're serving. It was always going to make a ton of money and they could have kept the system they had prior to complaints. They reverted to keep everyone happy. PS4 were the ones who arrogantly mocked Microsoft's flaws in a YouTube video - all be it quite hilariously - so I think it's the opposite. But yeah, PR means nothing to me, and I thought Sony trolling Microsoft was hilarious.

You can call me what you want, but I've just analyzed the data put in front of me. The better product is Sony at this point.

EDIT: Sony is a better LAUNCH console. I reserve judgement for Microsoft to redeem themselves during this gen.
You haven't really analysed anything though, to be blunt about it. Microsoft's launch failures were ideas that their community hated. Sony's launch failures was pretty poor exclusives and a freezing console. Both didn't cover themselves in light, but because Microsoft had such bad press, everyone coloured Sony as the angel manufacturer.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Im with Xbox One after some research. Why? Free kinect (never had one before), Used to the controller, Dead Rising 3, Halo, COD, Early DLC and I don't need to buy a new headset.

The kinect isn't "free" It's coupled with your system and is a mandatory buy. They could in theory sell the system for 100 cheaper (dollars, euros, etc) and sell it for the same price as ps4. The eye will cost you 60 bucks, which still is 40 dollars cheaper.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I am getting the Xbox One at Christmas and who knows, I might end up trading it for a PS4 because apart from what I have already said I need to wait and see what my irl friends get but even then I barely game with them anyway, All I know is Xbox One first then I don't know what the future holds.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I am getting the Xbox One at Christmas and who knows, I might end up trading it for a PS4 because apart from what I have already said I need to wait and see what my irl friends get but even then I barely game with them anyway, All I know is Xbox One first then I don't know what the future holds.

Yeah, another main reason I'm getting Xbox One is because the people I game with are getting it.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Yeah, another main reason I'm getting Xbox One is because the people I game with are getting it.

Same for me, The main irl friends I game with are getting the Xbox and the guys on here who play cod are getting Xbox iirc.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Kinect >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eye.

If money is the huge issue, you should clearly go for the PS4. Free PSN, no add-ons, tons of marketplace games you can get for cheap, and if that's you, great. Ill get the xbox one and play the exclusive games i prefer, i'll keep paying $5 a month for a service i deem to be worthwhile, and the entertainment stuff to go with (espn, fantasy info, skype calls, etc) are going to be something i use quite a bit.

Honestly i am not going ps4 for the exact reasons most of you are. I've had a ps3 before, and i know PSN is dogshit. I bought a ps3 and only played uncharted, a little of god of war (didnt get into it) MLB the show (the only reason in my book to get one) and the Playstation move frolf game. I got toejam and earl (Sega Genesis game you can play online with other ps3 users) only to find out they dont have fucking party chats. If you have gamed with me, i'm sure you've heard me cry about how important being able to talk to other people are.

To me it's simple. XboxOne is for people who are constantly connected to the internet, want to game/chat/watch tv with people who aren't in the same place as you, and enjoy the xbox exclusive game market, while Ps4 is for people who mostly game solo, are too cheap to throw out a beer and bag of chips worth of money once a month, and for those who pretend sony isnt the exact same kind of devil Microsoft is. I have 0 problem being one of very few who get xbox one here, as almost everyone i know IRL is going xbox one.

Reactions: Crayo