Kayfabe Xbox One League School

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@DemonHunter1257 - Nightmare/Violet Harris
@TheCreeD - Alex Creed
@Cerberus - Desean Brooks

Your Very Special Christmas/Holiday Scenario!

"It is time for the annual Ignition Holiday Party and you're all invited. This week's scenario is an out of ring segment where each of your characters go to a Christmas party. This involves you entering the party and interacting with people like interns, backstage personalities, etc and showing off your character's...well...character and personality. There is one rule, though. DO NOT LET IT BREAK OUT INTO A BRAWL! Usually, the brawls at these things are saved for the end, lol."

I want you guys to showcase some personality and show a bit of creativity.

@Cerberus Please follow the scenario this time...Or else... *dramatic music*

@TheCreeD Build upon last week, touch up the promo a bit when it comes to grammar to make it easier to read and I'll see what you can do.

@DemonHunter1257 You've been here for a couple of scenarios, I think you know the drill.

The Deadline is Christmas Eve (End of that day).

If you can't promo for some reason, let me know ahead of time and it's all good.

Happy Writing and Happy Holidays! :grumpyxmas:

Edit: Forgot to put Dispositions, so you pick if you are face or heel, just be careful, Santa is watching.

Last edited:

Blizzard Boi

Al F'N Blizzard
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
*The screen fades from black to show a room full of Ignition staff and competitors. Then as everyone looks to be enjoying themselves a sudden silence seems to taint the room and Nightmare walks into frame. He stands still for a moment as most of the people seem to be frozen in place, staring at him*

Nightmare: What the hell are you lot looking at, a ghost?

*Someone then is seen pushing through the crowd then emerges, the person who emerges is Minho*

Minho: Who do you think you are? Bursting in like that!

*Nightmare edges forward a couple of centimetres*

Nightmare: Who am I? I'm your worst nightmare. However I could ask that question to you!

*Minho looks at Nightmare in disgust*

Minho: How dare you! You should know who I am! You all should know who I am!

*Some of the people mutter between one another and Minho looks around but is once again met with disgust*

Nightmare: The only thing people know you for is getting beat by mutton chops McKay.

*The staff all "Oooh" at this*

Minho: I am a legitimate star, what are you? The only thing you are known for is your losing streak!

*The staff "Oooh" again*

Nightmare: You're lucky we're in this room, because I was told if I cause a fight, I would be fired! You're lucky that I'm not ripping your tiny limbs off!

*Minho rubs his right arm as if he doesn't want to lose his limbs*

Minho: Well... Well, you suck so shut up!

*After this Minho scrambles back through the crowd as far away from Nightmare as possible*, the party then becomes more lively as some Christmas music turns on and people start dancing however Nightmare stands still obviously because no one wants to accompany him, then someone's hand taps him on the shoulder*

???: Nightmare.

*Nightmare turns around and the camera pans to show Nightmares back and Al Blizzard stood in front of him overhanging his left arm across the shoulders of Violet Harris*

Nightmare: What do you want?

*Blizzard chuckles a little*

Al: I see that you are lonely, would you care to accompany us in this party?

*Nightmare hangs his head, as if in disgust*

Nightmare: I'm not party person!

*Al Blizzard shakes his head*

Al: C'mon, it's Christmas after all!

*Nightmare looks up at Al*

Nightmare: Ok, I'll join you just this once.

*Al then taps Nightmare on the back and walks toward the table covered in food and a massive bowl of punch. Nightmare starts to walk but then Jet Starr stops him*

Jet Starr: Look I know how much you probably hate me and how much you hate all these people in this room but cheer up, its Christmas!

*Nightmare looks down again but looks straight back up at Jet*

Nightmare: I know it's Christmas but I want a match for the intercontinental championship!

*Jet sighs*

Jet Starr: You know you have to earn it! Tell ya what, go and enjoy yourself because I know there's Jay in there, if you enjoy yourself now, I'll think about it!

*Jet then taps Nightmare on the shoulder as he walks off camera and the screen fades to black*

OOC:

Dammit @Beaver why didn't you let us fight???? :( Two promos in a row with no brawling!!! Plz let Nightmare beat someone up! In all seriousness though, I know we have until Christmas Eve to write this but If I do it now then it's done and out the way! This is definitely a new side to Nightmare! Merry Christmas all of you from Blizzard himself! :sandow::bige2::grumpyxmas:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For those in both schools who didn't promo, most gave prior notice and a reason why except for Cerberus. I will double check if he did, if not, then it is a strike. If those who gave a notice for not promoing still would like to promo, then they can post it tomorrow, if not, then we'll just skip it. Besides, it's the holidays, let's all be jolly as heck! :grumpyxmas:

@DemonHunter1257

Let's see what you've got.

*The screen fades from black to show a room full of Ignition staff and competitors. Then as everyone looks to be enjoying themselves a sudden silence seems to taint the room and Nightmare walks into frame. He stands still for a moment as most of the people seem to be frozen in place, staring at him*

Nightmare: What the hell are you lot looking at, a ghost?

*Someone then is seen pushing through the crowd then emerges, the person who emerges is Minho*

Minho: Who do you think you are? Bursting in like that!

*Nightmare edges forward a couple of centimetres*

Nightmare: Who am I? I'm your worst nightmare. However I could ask that question to you!

*Minho looks at Nightmare in disgust*

Minho: How dare you! You should know who I am! You all should know who I am!

*Some of the people mutter between one another and Minho looks around but is once again met with disgust*

Nightmare: The only thing people know you for is getting beat by mutton chops McKay.

*The staff all "Oooh" at this*

Minho: I am a legitimate star, what are you? The only thing you are known for is your losing streak!

*The staff "Oooh" again*

Nightmare: You're lucky we're in this room, because I was told if I cause a fight, I would be fired! You're lucky that I'm not ripping your tiny limbs off!

*Minho rubs his right arm as if he doesn't want to lose his limbs*

Minho: Well... Well, you suck so shut up!

*After this Minho scrambles back through the crowd as far away from Nightmare as possible*, the party then becomes more lively as some Christmas music turns on and people start dancing however Nightmare stands still obviously because no one wants to accompany him, then someone's hand taps him on the shoulder*

???: Nightmare.

*Nightmare turns around and the camera pans to show Nightmares back and Al Blizzard stood in front of him overhanging his left arm across the shoulders of Violet Harris*

Nightmare: What do you want?

*Blizzard chuckles a little*

Al: I see that you are lonely, would you care to accompany us in this party?

*Nightmare hangs his head, as if in disgust*

Nightmare: I'm not party person!

*Al Blizzard shakes his head*

Al: C'mon, it's Christmas after all!

*Nightmare looks up at Al*

Nightmare: Ok, I'll join you just this once.

*Al then taps Nightmare on the back and walks toward the table covered in food and a massive bowl of punch. Nightmare starts to walk but then Jet Starr stops him*

Jet Starr: Look I know how much you probably hate me and how much you hate all these people in this room but cheer up, its Christmas!

*Nightmare looks down again but looks straight back up at Jet*

Nightmare: I know it's Christmas but I want a match for the intercontinental championship!

*Jet sighs*

Jet Starr: You know you have to earn it! Tell ya what, go and enjoy yourself because I know there's Jay in there, if you enjoy yourself now, I'll think about it!

*Jet then taps Nightmare on the shoulder as he walks off camera and the screen fades to black*

OOC:

Dammit @Beaver why didn't you let us fight???? :( Two promos in a row with no brawling!!! Plz let Nightmare beat someone up! In all seriousness though, I know we have until Christmas Eve to write this but If I do it now then it's done and out the way! This is definitely a new side to Nightmare! Merry Christmas all of you from Blizzard himself! :sandow::bige2::grumpyxmas:

You attempted to use other people's character and since this is a non-cannon promo, it's fine. I won't judge at how well you are at playing their characters, lol. Just remember to get people's permission for when you do it for realsies. ;)

First, I enjoyed the interaction between you and Minho. Decent burn and you teased a fight without having to do it. Not bad at all.

But for me, I felt the Al thing was a bit weird. I know storyline wise you used Al Blizzard as a mentor, but perhaps his reasoning for trying to get Nightmare/Jay to lighten up could be beyond just "Hey, it's Christmas." Lastly, the bit with Jet, while alright in the sense he advanced that he wants to fight for the IC Title, but I felt you could have gone a bit more into maybe why he wants an IC title match, as well the transition to "It's Christmas" to "Gimmie Title match" was not really smooth.

Another thing which I find a bit off sometimes is your description. Like when you do stuff like *The staff all "Oooh" at this* (and the next line)

Like I feel as though that doesn't really flow or sound right reading it. I can also see this when you're doing in ring promos. It is always "The crowd cheers" and "The crowd boos." To me, when that is done over and over and is repeated it gets a bit annoying to read. Like, if you want to write something happening multiple times, usually try to change up how you describe it.

Ryan Vendetta stands in the middle of the ring, with a smile on his face as a microphone is in hand. As he looks out to the crowd.

"You don't know what it is like to be here. I've had a rocky road over the past number of years of my career and I've struggled to find a home. There was once a place I felt comfortable in. I had friends, earned the respect of my peers and everything was looking up. But after one misfortunate event, I hit rock bottom and lost everything. But after searching, I finally found a place where I can ignite the flame I once had..." Vendetta points down at the ring he is standing in. While speaking with intensity, he shouts. "And Ignition is just the place to do it and you people are welcomed for the ride!"

Saying this brings a light cheer from the fans, some of whom already are familiar with Vendetta, and some others are beginning to warm up to the new Ignition wrestler. Ryan breaks out a smile and catches his breath before continuing.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Ignition, the Danger Kid, the Live-Wire, Ryan Vendetta has arrived and I am not here to pat my own ego, I'm not driven by selfish desires, but instead I'm here to prove myself in this ring, put on a damn good show and show the world that they don't need to suffer anymore with people who don't hear their voices. I'll show everyone that there can be someone to represent what they want. Because guess what, I'm willing to step up to the plate and do that!"

Showing respect towards the fans, Vendetta is starting to gain favour with them. More of then join in rooting him on as he continues...or so he would but this is a small example.

Like, this level of description a bit more, but it paints a better picture of what is going on as you're promo goes on. It shows a crowd reaction beyond just cheering or booing, or them going "ooooh." You don't need to go all out, but adding a bit more pepper to it adds flavor so to speak. (Food metaphor because I am craving food)

Another thing I really want you to do since you are keeping Jay under his Nightmare persona is really flesh out what makes this persona different than his normal personality other than he is a heel and has an edgy name. You haven't done that yet. I felt Nightmare was acting a bit like Jay with the jokes at the beginning.

What I want to see from you over the next while is working on fleshing out who Nightmare really is, why is he different and focus on directing your promos in a clear way. I saw some possible hints of it in an RWK promo, but I want to see if that wasn't just one and done.

Reactions: Blizzard Boi

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Creed is unable to promo so just Demon.

"New Year's Wrestlution"

"It's a new year in Ignition, and it is time to set a goal for the coming year. Your promo this week, your character has to kick off the new year with a clear statement. Do you have unfinished business to take care of? Are you craving gold, money, power? Is there one person you're targeting? Whatever it is, it is your time to say it."

Deadline: January 7th at 11:59pm est.

I'm not going into detail, you know the drill.​

Blizzard Boi

Al F'N Blizzard
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Creed is unable to promo so just Demon.

"New Year's Wrestlution"

"It's a new year in Ignition, and it is time to set a goal for the coming year. Your promo this week, your character has to kick off the new year with a clear statement. Do you have unfinished business to take care of? Are you craving gold, money, power? Is there one person you're targeting? Whatever it is, it is your time to say it."

Deadline: January 7th at 11:59pm est.

I'm not going into detail, you know the drill.​

May I be excused this week, I've got more Mock Exams coming up in the next couple of weeks and a proper exam and I need to revise lots so yeah.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
May I be excused this week, I've got more Mock Exams coming up in the next couple of weeks and a proper exam and I need to revise lots so yeah.

Ok, she is all good den.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@DemonHunter1257

We'll keep this scenario for you this week. The 'due date' will be the 14th and if you're still busy, let me know.

I want to see if you can expand on your ideas and really send a strong message. That is what I am looking for.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@DemonHunter1257

Well, two days late and you did not give a prior notice to not promo-ing, so I'm very sorry, but that results in a strike! As of me writing this you have not been on since Thursday so if you come back on and see this, and you were offline for a particular reason, let me know and maybe it will be wiped.

I guess nobody is in the school next week then. :pokerface:

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
@DemonHunter1257

Well, two days late and you did not give a prior notice to not promo-ing, so I'm very sorry, but that results in a strike! As of me writing this you have not been on since Thursday so if you come back on and see this, and you were offline for a particular reason, let me know and maybe it will be wiped.

Congrats, you get a vacation!

Blizzard Boi

Al F'N Blizzard
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
@DemonHunter1257

Tbh I haven't been on because of revision and homework and I really don't have time to promo even be on the forum at that, if you want to let the strike stand then I don't disagree with the choice

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Tbh I haven't been on because of revision and homework and I really don't have time to promo even be on the forum at that, if you want to let the strike stand then I don't disagree with the choice

I'll let it slide, but we will take this week off. Sounds good?

Status
Not open for further replies.