Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Plus, and Nintendo Switch Online Updates

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Microsoft is starting to test an Xbox Game Pass family plan that will allow subscribers to share their benefits with other people. A preview of this Xbox Game Pass family plan is available in Colombia and Ireland today, and testers will be able to add up to four people to their subscription as long as they’re in the same country.

“Starting today in Colombia and Ireland, Xbox Insiders can begin to preview a plan that allows multiple people to share Game Pass Ultimate benefits,” explains Tyler Mittleider, a senior technical program manager at Microsoft. “This makes it even easier to play the best Game Pass games with friends and family across console, PC, and cloud by enabling you to add up to four people to your subscription, all with their own unique access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits.”

Microsoft had been rumored to be contemplating a family plan for Xbox Game Pass for quite some time, and this preview shows it’s getting ready to test how Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sharing would work more broadly.

Microsoft currently offers Xbox Game Pass or PC Game Pass for $9.99 per month. Neither includes online multiplayer capabilities, but you can upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99, and this unlocks Game Pass for console, PC, EA Play access, and online multiplayer.

Testers in Colombia or Ireland can sign up for an Xbox Insider preview for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan today in the Microsoft Store, and joining the preview will convert existing time remaining on a plan to a new plan “based upon the monetary value of the old membership.” So if you have a full month of Ultimate, it will be converted to 18 days of membership on this new plan, which suggests that Microsoft will offer a separate tier once Game Pass sharing is fully ready for a broader launch.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Wasn't that what they were supposed to do when the Xbox One got relased but Playstation convinced people it was terrible and expensive etc that they cancelled it?
I've got no idea. I just know Microsoft has been doing way better this generation compared to Xbox One. Like everything they are doing with Game Pass and all makes me wish I had an Xbox too. I never felt like that last gen. I will most likely pick up a Series S at some point.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've got no idea. I just know Microsoft has been doing way better this generation compared to Xbox One. Like everything they are doing with Game Pass and all makes me wish I had an Xbox too. I never felt like that last gen. I will most likely pick up a Series S at some point.
I'd prefer more exclusive X/S games I got rid of the one so I don't notice the difference. I'm sure it's there I probably don't play enough to notice. Accidentally bought a year of Live off a discount site thinking it was game pass. Dumb.

I looked it up in 2013 they had a plan very much like this but there was a backlash because people didn't understand what they meant. A lot of it was about getting rid of discs too.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
If ya'll have PS Plus Extra/Premium, now is the perfect time to get in to Yakuza series. Recommend starting from Yakuza 0 and then playing Kiwami 1 & 2.

I had an absolute blast with them.

79c2711e6df78f25895e3bebeb8fc42ce816b45a.jpg

Today we’re happy to reveal August’s Game Catalog lineup for PlayStation Plus, which will be available to play for Extra and Premium members on August 16. It’s headlined by three Yakuza games (which will soon be followed by other entries in the series later this year). But rubbing shoulders with the crime series will be multiplayer horror Dead by Daylight, open world shooter Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands and whimsical adventure Bugsnax.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
All the new stuff arriving for the month of September, I'm not too hyped about the essential games but I'll give NFS Heat a try at least

Hyped about AC: Origins and Dragonball Xenoverse 2, there's some premium classic games in the article too like Syphon Filter 2 being added

September 6 (today)

9dsr0v2in6m91.png

September 20

f12a10c06d2fa029e49a1f8286ee03aaed4d8dc6.jpg

Reactions: Chris

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
:banderas2

Nintendo has just dropped a bombshell during today's Direct presentation - that N64 James Bond classic GoldenEye 007 will launch for the service with online multiplayer.

Original developer Rare has simultaneously confirmed an updated version for Xbox consoles, which will launch on Xbox Game Pass.

The Xbox version will include achievements, 4K resolution and a smoother framerate.

The confirmation came among a flurry of confirmations for Nintendo Switch Online, including N64 titles such as Pilotwings 64, plus Mario Party 1 and 2, all of which turn up before the end of the year.

In 2023, expect Mario Party 3, Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2, 1080 Snowboarding and Excitebike 64.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Looking forward to Tuesday, Skyrim and Kingdom Hearts. This is the perfect month for me, been on the fence with getting those games for a while now.

da18a5e592c0fca40ad8678c3c87ab6f37cb2964.jpg

Rainbow 6 siege is amazing. One of the best online games I have played. Unique operators that you can choose from and needing strategy to win.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Rainbow 6 siege is amazing. One of the best online games I have played. Unique operators that you can choose from and needing strategy to win.

Yeah, I have Siege in my library. It's quite a fun game, I'm just not very good at it. :lol I enjoy how many different ways there is to approach the levels tactically and they have a very diverse set of characters to use and play around with. I should boot it up again one day.

Reactions: Wangman Page

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah, I have Siege in my library. It's quite a fun game, I'm just not very good at it. I enjoy how many different ways there is to approach the levels tactically and they have a very diverse set of characters to use and play around with. I should boot it up again one day.
Same it's been sitting in mine and I played UT for awhile after I suffered from the crap COD games that were Advanced Warfare and the following two as they sucked really bad.

Yeah if you have some people to play with to work as a team it makes it better to strategies too

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Reactions: Chris

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Big Month for Gamepass with December
Personal Play List is High on Life & Lego Star Wars (Not had the chance to try it and heard amazing things about it.)
TW_Coming-Soon_12.1.2022-e310d106018f474c7cf0.jpg

Source

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Big Month for Gamepass with December
Personal Play List is High on Life & Lego Star Wars (Not had the chance to try it and heard amazing things about it.)
TW_Coming-Soon_12.1.2022-e310d106018f474c7cf0.jpg

Source
Star Wars is amazing. Always love those games and they did a great job with the Skywalker Saga. Wish they did put it there 2 months ago when I bought it lol.

I heard good things about Hot Wheels gonna give that a shot.