• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

XBA's BTB Poster Contest Vol. III (Summerslam)

Wrestling Station

ummm meh?
xbaposter3copy.jpg

xtremebadass

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say that the 3rd XBA BTB Poster Contest was a success. I had a lot of great entries and surprisingly none of them sucked. It’s really hard to judge a poster that is so visible…not good…but thank god I don’t have to do that this time around. I would like to thank all of you first of all for making this a success and I appreciate your effort for those who make multiple posters and for those who come back every month for a shot at becoming the XBA-BTB-GFX-VIP. Let’s get on with the results…

8. exC.On
exC-2.png

Due to your multiple entries, I judged the different ones separately. I have a soft spot for this poster because it was the first entry, but the thing that confused me was the miscommunication between Triple H’s hands and Angle and Big Show’s mouths. It didn’t flow too easy, but I liked the Undertaker pic you used, that’s my favorite one GFX’er’s use. Great entry, thank you for following the rules.

7. exC.On
exC-1.png

Again, another great poster, pretty basic stuff, that’s what I look for. You made three of these with multiple versions so I chose the best one as you can see. The thing I wasn’t too into was Angle and Big Show’s faces being cut off in the background. Plus, I didn’t quite understand the varying white cloud by the Undertaker in all 3 posters. Other than that, it was an awesome poster, I love the background graphic with the Summerslam logo.

6. exC.On
exC.png

This was a perfect poster, hands down. I loved the background and all the pics of the stars. The only thing that held me back was the Summerslam graphic itself. It had the pixels around it and it wasn’t quite clear, but pretty much what the doctor ordered for the most part.

5. SNACKZ
SNACKZ.jpg

This poster was a huge contender for the winner. The thing that got me was partial Summerslam logo jetting out from the bottom with the actual logo over it, t hat was my favorite. I loved the pics you used for each star, but the thing that held this poster back was the background. The Summerslam logo wasn’t too clear behind the SmackDown! guys. That was the only minor problem with this one, it was really hard judging all of these posters as you can tell.

4. jwind
jwind2.jpg

This was exactly what I asked for, no real problems with this one. It was a pretty unique pic of Goldberg to use, it was kind of looking up at him, but the pic didn’t quite correspond with the rest which kind of threw me off. Other than that it was perfect.

3. C4
C42.png
C43.png

I really liked how you incorporated the XBA into this poster, very creative, I might be PM’n you to work out something, I was thinking about a new…well, I will tell you later. This poster was great, awesome, but I was aiming for 2002-2004 type stuff and the Triple H pic didn’t quite fit into the mix. The timing was the only flaw, this poster rocked.

2. Weebo
Weebo3.jpg

It was by a hair Weebo. If WS didn’t submit his poster you were the surefire. There are no flaws in your poster and I really appreciate your hard work. I loved the arena in the back I would like to see some more of that in the future poster contests, I was digging that big time.

1. Wrestling Station
WS3.jpg

Here is the winner this month, after 2 previous entries in the poster contest WS finally left his mark as this month’s XBA-BTB-GFX-VIP. This poster embodied Summerslam to a tee and was great all around, I loved the random Summerslam logo’s in the background by Big Show and Angle, that’s how WWE did it awhile back. Really great poster, appreciate your work!

Again, congratulations everyone and congratulations WS, I appreciate everyone’s work and would love to see you back here next month for my Unforgiven BTB Poster Contest. Thank you all once again.

Pretty good decisions made in the end Xtremebadass :y:, Snackz did a very good job along with Wrestling Station some of the best posters from them. The others showed some of their best artistic work as well. Just change the title of the XBA-VIP-GFX-BTB or whatever that is to something simpler like XBA's GFX'r III

I'm happy with my #3 spot, at least I won last month... lol :bigsmile:

xtremebadass

lol C4, the XBA-BTB-GFX-VIP explains this whole contest in a nutshell, it's just flat out insanity, last month's proved that. But yea, I might change it.