XBA works for TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

It's been noted in recent weeks that TNA officials are searching high and low for new talent. While the company's main focus remains in acquiring 'big names' from year's gone by, they're still very much interested in landing talent that have fallen under the radar as it were. One such name is former WWE performer Ricky Ortiz.

According to Anthony DeBlasi, company officials are contemplating signing the former college athlete, who was released this past August by World Wrestling Entertainment.

Should Ortiz return to national television, it will likely be under an all-new identity as he appeared on a World Wrestling Council show just one week past his release from WWE with a drastic change in appearance. Working as a heel against former TNA performer Shane Sewell, Ortiz had noticeably cut off his trademark 'fro' and switched his in-ring attire from baggy exercise pants to standard wrestling trunks.

While Ortiz has not appeared on too many independent cards since his departure from WWE, he has not hung up the boots as he is accepting bookings through talent agent Bill Behrens.

lmfao

seX-Power

Ortiz getting pwnt by Layla is the most memorable thing he ever did.

Qwake

Out of all the former WWE young talent they are thinkin' about getting Ortiz, wtf, this is why TNA will never be real competition for WWE :smh

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Ortiz would have been good in TNA when they only had fifteen minutes of wrestling on their two hour shows. :shifty:

Kizza

Wait, what? This piece of shit? Just wait for Carlito to be released in their spring cleanout.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
They should have gotten Ken Doane before he went to EVOLVE. That's the one true talent that the WWE really messed up on.

I never liked Ortiz, never saw why he was on TV. If TNA wants to sign him go ahead, maybe they'll pull an Austin and make him into something ground breaking in the industry...eh, maybe not.

MizMasta3000

Gee, former WWE guys like Kennedy, Braden (harris), even Kevin Thorn are better than Ortiz. Idk, I think we failed to see what he actually COULD do in the ring. Even his FCW stuff didnt move me and I try to see the little things in failed wrestlers. TNA needs to go back to ROH. After their pivking up of Wolfe and the missed Danielson, Dixie needs to get THOSE guys before WWE gets to them

Klide

Was this the guy who's penis popped out or was that someone else?!?