X-Divison

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

YoungMannie

Reaction score
Let's Talk About The Division It Used Too Be The Top Place Too Watch No Limits Wrestling Now It Almost As Generic As WWF War zone CAW Music, What Will It Take Too Rebuild The TNA X Division And Who Would Be Great Wrestlers Too Add?

DcDudley

Reaction score
Most of the wrestlers who made the x-div great is still there, so I don't see a big need for more talent.
Personally, I would love to see the x-division back in it's former glory. But I really don't see that happening now with Hogan and Bisch running things. It didn't really draw that much to begin with, and now when they are trying to compete with the E, they need more of the casual wrestling fans...unfortunately I don't think a good x - division = higher ratings.

Reaction score
The two main problems with the X-Division are exposure and a talent with charisma. They don't have either.

First thing I'd do is give them the opening and second hour lead-in matches on Impact, that way you gain tuning-in-viewer's attention and make them aware of the young, exciting wrestlers on the roster and show them what the X division is all about. Meanwhile you trim away all the fat like Creed, Suicide (sorry, he sucks these days) and dudes like Kiyoshi.

Then you have to establish a leader in the division, he doesn't necessarily be the champ, but the person with the most charisma indeed. You can even put Desmond Wolfe in that role or Pope Deniro. Whomever, give them a program with an established upper carder to give the X guys some legitimacy and with the rub he gains from that angle he can take it back and work it over with the other X dudes. If you give the viewers a reason to care about a certain talent, you're giving them a reason to care about where he competes, that being the X division. Once you have people watching then you go from there with true angles and work from there. It's not hard at all but TNA makes everything so damn hard since they have so many fools running the creative side. Russo, Bisch, Hogan are just the wrong people to have. And when you honestly think about it, they're the real reason the X division isn't succeeding or at the very least isn't having the opportunity to.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
The X-Division is something awesome TNA has under its belt. Now to revive it, Hogan, Bicshoff, and Russo have to stop using it as a place for mid-carders. Make the X-Division Championship a World Title by doing this; stop making it look like it is for people who will never become TNA World Champion. Right now, the key people in the X-Divsion are Brian Kendrick, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelly, Amazing Red, Suicide, and Generation Me. The way to make these people look more intense is to make them go up against legends like Kurt Angle and Sting. Only then will the X-Division be revived.

YoungMannie

Reaction score
The X-Division is something awesome TNA has under its belt. Now to revive it, Hogan, Bicshoff, and Russo have to stop using it as a place for mid-carders. Make the X-Division Championship a World Title by doing this; stop making it look like it is for people who will never become TNA World Champion. Right now, the key people in the X-Divsion are Brian Kendrick, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelly, Amazing Red, Suicide, and Generation Me. The way to make these people look more intense is to make them go up against legends like Kurt Angle and Sting. Only then will the X-Division be revived.

I Say Let Kurt Angle Go Through Genesis Phase And Fight From The Bottom Proving Himself Of A World Title Shot By Trying Too Dominate The X-Divsion Maybe In A Ultimate X? Hopefully Since Destination X Will Be An All X PPV, Maybe They Can Bring Back This Would Be The Perfect Time Too Bring In World Wide Talent For An Super X-Cup On PPV!

Reaction score
^^^Why would you want Kurt to dominate the X division? That makes no sense and wouldn't do anything to improve it, he'd just be burying it even more than it already is.

YoungMannie

Reaction score
Kurt Can Wrestle The X-style, And Im Meaning Not DominateBut Help The X-Divison Step The Games Up With Awesome Matches Like Putting Kurt In A Ultimate X Would Bring Alot Of Awareness!

Double J

Reaction score
Most of the wrestlers who made the x-div great is still there, so I don't see a big need for more talent.
Personally, I would love to see the x-division back in it's former glory. But I really don't see that happening now with Hogan and Bisch running things.

I would think that Bischoff would want to push the X-Division some, it was WCW's cruiserweight division and luchadors that helped WCW stand out from WWE and right now with WWE mainly pushing their larger sized wrestlers I would think Bisch would take advantage of being able to offer something different to the fans.