WYSIWYG Editor?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm not a user of myBB so I don't know where the option to turn this on is (if there is one) so can someone point me there.

Also, if there isn't an option, please can it be made one. It makes formatting posts much easier.

Danke schon.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No such plugin for MyBB. I've spoke to @[Anonymous] before about making one, and apparently it's tricky.

Just to verify, it's the thing where you don't see the bb code right? You see the end outcome.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Correct.

It makes EVERYTHING easier. I thought it would be standard with myBB, usually is with most forum softwares.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No it's not, only vBulletin and Xenforo have them and they're not free software. Both of those cost a lot of money.

It does make things nicer on the eyes and easier, but most people can understand BB Code, or don't use enough of it in a post to be confused. If you need help with BB code, read the help documents.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
I need no help with BB code, it simply makes modifying posts easier.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
I've not really got anything on my plate at the moment, and I have a concept in mind of how it should work, so I'll go look into making something.

Reaction score
Crayo said:
No such plugin for MyBB. I've spoke to @[Anonymous] before about making one, and apparently it's tricky.

Just to verify, it's the thing where you don't see the bb code right? You see the end outcome.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybb-wysiwyg-editor
http://mods.mybb.com/view/wysiwyg-editor

Aren't those it?

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
No. Fuck. No.
I hate these.
I much prefer to see the BB code.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
No. Fuck. No.
I hate these.

The second plugin has a tab for source, which likely means the default editor.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
No. Fuck. No.
I hate these.

I don't quite understand what you don't like about being able to see what you are doing... but anyway, each to their own. Maybe it's because I'm a web developer and get fed up of seeing code everywhere.

There would obviously be options to turn it off, there are in vBulletin. I assumed myBB is a clone of vBulletin and thought it would've taken WYSIWYG editor with it. Maybe I'm thinking of phpBB, I don't know.

All I know is that I imagine a lot of people would be happy to see it, those who know what it is anyway.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
Pure blasphemy.

I'm only a UI designer so I don't see a matrix. It's nice to see an end product rather than a source. For me, anyway.