WWF Counterfactual

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
IT BEGINS
This, to my knowledge is a unique undertaking. BTB is certainly not unique because within a handful of minutes you could find multiple stories of how John Cena won the WWF/WWE Title. Go ahead and look. I will wait.

So yeah BTB is not new, some of it is good, some of it is bad, none of it involves former referees committing suicide in Providence, so clearly its all off the mark somehow.

This is a WWF Counterfactual, one that will span hundreds of pages and two decades of altered history. If the term counterfactual is unfamiliar to you, when you read this you would have learned something and your day will be complete. A counterfactual is a term used in historical scholarship to describe concepts like "What if the South had won the Civil War?" or :What if Kennedy had not been killed?" or :What if Gore had been elected president?"

Well i guess thats actual history as opposed to a counterfactual.

The goal here is to put right what went wrong. I have watched the World Wrestling Federation(i dont have the energy to call it WWE) for the past quarter century. Some of its been great some of its been maddening. For better or worse, in 2005, it appears that the vision of sports entertainment held by Vince McMahon has defined what American wrestling is. And with an increasing portion of its revenue coming from international business, it seems that the sun never sets on the WWF Empire.

But what if... what if instead of spectacle, Vincent Kennedy McMahon grew up loving work rate?

With that simple premise it begins.

The structure of what your about to read requires some explanation there are some ground rules to which i have tied myself.

1 I will be breaking down the last 22 years of wrestling history, with the focus mainly going on the four traditional WWF PPV's: Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble. Furhter the focus will be on the actual card so while the degree of narrative will greatly expand as we move further along, it will always be focused on the specific quarterly cards.

2 I am limiting my options as to who can wrestle on those cards to those who actually worked on these shows. This means not only wont you see Misawa vs Kobashi headlining Wrestlemania XII, but even contracted WWF workers who were not given matches wont be available to wrestle for me. The thought proces sis that, while it might seem like Dyanmite Kid should have worked the first Wrestlemania, for example, it could be for some reason that he was unavailable. So i am limiting myself to reshaping the cards that i was actually given. The exception wrestlers who worked dark matches or wokred the televised pre show are available to me, as clearly there not being used was a choice.

3 Each card will have 8 matches. 6 singles including two title matches (Heavyweight and IC) and two tags (Tag title and opening tag). The strictness of the structures require a level of creativity (what, for example will i do with the Ultimate Warrior) that otherwise would be absent. So, when i am short talent i can not just run four matches i have to find a way to fill the cards. On the rare occasion when i break format, it will be for a reason and it will have an impact.

4 This means that the Royal Rumble wont actually have a Royal Rumble. I recognise that.

5 I will also provide cards but not commentary, for NWA/WCW and ECW. This is largely for context.

6 The first few years of the Counterfactual move briskly, without much in the way of narrative storyline buildup. Eventually this will change. Really, really change. Eventually, there ill be programming in between the quarterly PPV's but another restriction that i am placing on myself is that the title can only change hands at a PPV, meaning that if Randy Savage worked at Summerslam and not Survivor Series, he can not leave Summerslam with a strap. The result of that sometime lesser workers gee pushed, even win titles, as i am limited to title changes at the four big shows. Like the haiku, sometimes great art requires structure.

7 This is a rule for the readers. Read and enjoy.

Moonlight Drive

Wow, no matter how small your penis is, I love this idea. I hope you do it well, although whatever the hell you just posted confused the shit out of me

McLovin

Reaction score
Wow. This sounds really interesting. I have to see what your first show is like.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

It's different. I'm still yet to believe you will stci around here, but by all means, do try to prove me wrong.

Reaction score
Wrestlemania – 1985​

Our story begins in 1985. The push towards Wrestlemania is heating up, the tie in with MTV and the star power of Mr T have helped provide a degree of main stream interest that gives the event some traction as March approaches

But Vince McMahon, with his fortune riding on the success of one night, has an attack of conscience.

Sure, it might work. I might remake professional wrestling and earn the type of personal fortune that my father could not have ever dreamed of. But at what cost? Sure, Hulk is over, he’s telegenic, he was Thunderlips the Ultimate Male.

But he can’t wrestle.

Vince shudders, I’ve never compromised my principles before, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to start now.

And Vince makes a decision.

On February 18, there is a huge television taping at MSG including an event :The War To Settle The Score†which will draw a tremendous 9.1 rating on MTV. The scheduled main event is Hogan/Piper, but McMahon has juts hired one of the greatest workers in the world, Ricky Steamboat and on February 18, in front of a shocked MSG crowd, Steamboat pins Hulk Hogan clean in the middle of the ring to become the 13th WWF World Heavyweight Champion.

Hogan hands the strap to Steamboat, leading the crowd in applause for the new champ the other baby faces in the company, such as Andre and Snuka, enter to pay there respects, hugging and shaking hands with the new champion, in the midst of the celebration are Windham and Rotundo, who surprisingly lost there tag belts at the beginning of the evening to Nikolai and The Iron Sheik (Whindam dropping the fall after being hit with the Russian Flag by Mr Fuji.) Without any telegraph at all, Barry Windham drops Steamboat. Windham grabs the WWF Title and bashes in Steamboat’s head to the absolute astonishment of the crowd and everyone in the ring. Windham fights off the ring enough that he can escape clean and the show ends with a bloody close up (as bloody as MTV will allow) clutching the bloody WWF Championship belt

And there’s your new work rate main event of Wrestlemania

The Hogan/Piper engine still drives the bulk of the hype the tv appearances remain the same Saturday Nite Live is still the same except after Mr T suffers an injury at the hands of Orndorff (preferably on SNL, as Hogan and T host the night before Wrestlemania, I’m looking for the maximum possible audience, say. During the closing bows Piper and Orndorff enter and Orndorff piledrives T on the stage) the match then shifts to a Hogan/Orndorff single. Piper will do double duty, serving in Orndorff’s corner at that match and challenging Greg Valentine to an IC Dog Collar match. Unafraid of competition and relishing in the history of what he loves to call :the sport of professional wrestling†McMahon explicitly references there Starrcade 83 match in the build up during the show.

Sheik and Nikolai will defend there belts against the newlyformed baby face team of Brutus Beefcake and Tito Santana. And, as part of an angle begun on February 18 Andre will take on David Sammartino. There will be a ceremony that night where Bruno is given an award as the “Legend of The World Wrestling Federation.†Andre will interrupt saying that if anyone is going to be named the legend its he. Andrew will attack Bruno bear hugging him Bruno does a stretcher job to Andre (big night, that Feb 18) and young David vows revenge. The match begins what will be a Wrestlemania tradition a Legends Battle.

Sadly everything else is a filler but it hardly matters its Wrestlemania your running to your local closed circuit theatre to see it. Run. Run. Its gonna be a good night

Next post will be Wrestlemania I. Also guys remember to bare with me at the beginning because its so far back in time there will not be weekly programs but we will get there so please read and tell me what you think.

Beer

Lol, are you sure this is not called WWF Counterfit rather than WWF Couterfactual lol...

But, on a serious note let this be a lesson to you. You ripped someones BTB off. Big Mistake. And an even bigger mistake is that you CAN actually write a good BTB like this one. You did not need torip the other one off. But, let's hopeyou really have changed and Good Luck.

Wrestling Station

his penis became smaller now. Lets turn off the lights and wish him a happy cock-in-peace ceremony!

CT Styles

smurf said:
The goal here is to put right what went wrong. I have watched the World Wrestling Federation(i dont have the energy to call it WWE) for the past quarter century.

He's 17. Why would he go to all this work to stay on IWF and just do it again. :smh

McLovin

Reaction score
I don't really understand the way your going with this Plagarizer.

1chiban

Reaction score
He won't be going anywhere, he's lived up to his name again, ripping someone else's work off.

The Ripper

Reaction score
good luck with this.

U do realise he was banned for stealing this dont u Dragon.

Anyways he must of thought he could get away with stealing this as it was from a blog