WWF 1992: Back In The Day

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haggard1125

Reaction score
World Wrestling Federation 1992
WWF_LOGO.bmp.jpg

Staff and Management
Vince McMahon
Gorilla Monsoon
Lord Alfred Hayes
Bobby Heenan
Sean Mooney
Mike McGuirk

Television Programming
Prime Time Wrestling
Superstars
Wrestling Challenge

Pay Per Views
Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania
King of the Ring
Summerslam
Survivor Series
Tuesday In Texas
Battle at Royal Albert Hall
Wrestlefest
3 Saturday Night's Main Event specials

Championships
classicwingedmid.JPG

classicicbluemid.jpg

classictag85-98mid.jpg

World Wrestling Federation 1992 Official Talent Roster
Heavyweight Title Contenders
"Immortal" Hulk Hogan (face)
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair (heel)
"Macho Man" Randy Savage (face)
"Psycho" Sid Justice(heel)
Ultimate Warrior (face)
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper (face)
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (face)
Sgt. Slaughter (heel)
Undertaker (heel)
"The Snake" Jake Roberts (heel)

Intercontinental Title Contenders
Mr. Perfect (heel)
The Mountie (heel)
"Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (heel)
"Hitman" Bret Hart (face)
British Bulldog (face)
Big Bossman (face)
Repo Man (heel)
Tatanka (face)
"The Model" Rick Martel (heel)
Kamala (face)

Tag Team Title Contenders
Money Inc (Ted Dibiase & IRS) (heel)
Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon) (face)
Legion of Doom (Hawk & Animal) (face)
Beverly Brothers (Beau & Blake) (heel)
High Energy (Koko B Ware & Owen Hart) (face)
Headshrinkers (Samu & Fatu) (heel)
Bushwhackers (Luke & Butch) (face)
Nasty Boys (Knobbs & Sags) (face)
Power & Glory (Hercules & Paul Roma)(heel)
The Orient Express (Sato & Tanaka) (heel)

Other Roster Members
Virgil (face)
Col. Mustafa (heel)
Crush (face)
Doink (heel)
Berzerker (heel)
"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka (face)
"Anvil" Jim Neidhart (face)
Nailz (heel)
Razor Ramon (heel)
Yokozuna (heel)
El Matador (face)
Papa Shango (heel)
Barbarian (heel)
Haku (heel)
"Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich (face)
"The Hammer" Greg Valentine (face)
Nikolai Volkoff (face)
Max Moon (face)
Marty Jannetty (face)

Jobbers
Jimmy Powers (face)
Duane Gill (face)
"Terrific" Terry Taylor (heel)
"Iron" Mike Sharpe (heel)
Barry Hardy (face)
Barry Horowitz (heel)
"Jumpin" Jim Brunzell (face)
Big Bully Busick (heel)
Lance Cassidy (face)
Brooklyn Brawler (heel)

Managers
"The Brain" Bobby Heenan (Flair/Perfect/Ramon/Barbarian/Haku)
Miss Elizabeth (Randy Savage)
Sensational Sherri (Shawn Michaels)
General Adnan (Slaughter/Mustafa)
Paul Bearer (Undertaker)
"Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart (Mountie/Dibiase/IRS)
Mr. Fuji (Yokozuna/Orient Express/Berzerker)
Paul Ellering (Legion of Doom)
The Genius (Beverly Brothers)
"Wild Samoan" Afa (Headshrinkers)
"Doctor of Style" Slick (Hercules/Roma/Warlord)

Backstory
Alright, so I have been posting shows at another forum, and really want more peoples opinions. As there are only about 6 active members there. My shows start changing in format as the weeks of shows go by, so remember that as time goes on. Regardless, WWF in 1992 was my favorite year of wrestling. Granted I was 6 at the time, but I own so many videos and dvds (ones that are available) that I really couldn't get enough of this era in wrestling. So hopefully all of you will like this. There will be 3 episodes of Prime Time, Wrestling Challenge, and Superstars before every PPV (totaling 9 shows). I will be having a Special Report show, along with a few Saturday Night's Main Events thrown in as well.​

Haggard1125

Reaction score
10265.jpg

Money Inc (w/Jimmy Hart) vs Reno Riggins & Barry Hardy
Both IRS and Dibiase proved why they are the current tag team champions, and also showed that they are ready for their opponents, the Nasty Boys, at the Royal Rumble. IRS quickly shot Riggins off the ropes and caught a high knee, followed up by 5 elbow drops to the heart of the youngster. Quick tag to Dibiase, who did his patented fist drop to the face of Reno. The Million Dollar Man went over to Barry Hardy, and purposely made a tag to him with Riggins hand, and dragged him into the ring. Quick bodyslam and a running knee drop, followed up by a tag, and in comes the Tax Man. IRS shot Hardy off the ropes and connected with the Write Off, covering Hardy for the easy pin. After the match, IRS kept putting the boots to Hardy, while Dibiase applied the Million Dollar Dream to Riggins, all while Jimmy Hart screamed out insults in his megaphone, not just to the two in the ring, but to the Nasty Boys as well, saying that “Money Inc is ready.”
Winners: Money Inc

We learn that our main event tonight will be "Rowdy" Roddy Piper against the sneaky Repo Man, will the Hot Scot come out victorious in the first show in 1992? Or will the Repo Man repossess a victory from the Rowdy One?

- commercial -

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs The Warlord (w/Slick)
What a knock down drag out fight this was between the two brawlers. Duggan gained the upper hand early by ducking a right hand and clotheslining the big man over the top rope. Warlord tried to re-group with the Slickster on the outside, but Duggan met them and hit a double noggin knocker. Back into the ring, Duggan hit a big boot to the face, but as he went for his running tackle, he was met with a boot himself by the Warlord. Now on the offense, the Warlord applied a nerve grip to Duggan and he wore him down to the mat. Crowd is getting behind the fan favorite now, and Hacksaw is slowly making his way to his feet. Repeated elbows to the midsection of the Warlord, results in the break of the hold and Duggan dishing out rights and lefts. He bounces off the ropes, only to be met with a Full Nelson by the Warlord. Just as it appears Duggan is done for, Slick gets up on the apron and starts to celebrate Warlord’s victory. Duggan, who is still locked in the submission hold, charges at Slick, and is able to slip out of the hold, sending Warlord right into his manager. Duggan rolls up the big man and grabs a hand full of tights for good measure, gaining the three count!!!
Winner: “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

- commercial -

British Bulldog vs “Terrific” Terry Taylor
With the Bulldog challenging for the IC title at the Royal Rumble, the last thing he needs heading into the big title match is a loss to Terry Taylor. However, the former Rooster attacked early on with hard rights and lefts to the midsection of the Bulldog. Taylor tried to shoot Davey Boy off the ropes, but got reversed and picked up into a press slam. Bulldog caught a running clothesline, followed up by his stalling vertical suplex. Bulldog looked to the crowd to signal for the end, but Taylor caught a finger to the eyes of his opponent. Taylor pushed Bulldog to the corner, and unloaded knees to the ribs. Bulldog reversed the Irish whip to the corner, to which Taylor tried to grab the ropes and leap over a charging Bulldog, however, Taylor landed right on the Bulldog’s shoulder, setting Davey Boy up for his patented Running Powerslam for the three count.
Winner: British Bulldog

Mean Gene: Folks welcome my guest right now, the man that will be challenging for the Intercontinental Title at the Royal Rumble, Davey Boy Smith come on in here. Bulldog, tell us your thoughts heading into the Rumble, which is happening in just under two weeks.

Bulldog: Gene, there are a lot of wrestlers, who would do anything to be in the position that I am in right now. Everyone leading up to this point, has failed taking the strap away from Mr. Perfect, I guess that’s why he is perfect. However, the Bulldog will not fail, he will be victorious.

Gene: Short and sweet from the British Bulldog, it certainly appears that he is ready for the IC title match at the Royal Rumble. Tag Team action is up next, stay tuned to Prime Time Wrestling.

- commercial -

Orient Express (w/Mr. Fuji) vs High Energy
Sato is starting things off with The Rocket, and both men lock up. Both men exchange quick arm drags, and pinning attempts, which ends up in a stalemate. Both tag in their respective partners and Tanaka launches himself at Koko, but gets a face full of the mat with a Koko drop toe hold. Side headlock by The Birdman and he gets shot off the ropes by Tanaka, only to receive a knee to the back by Sato. Tanaka quickly puts the boots to Koko, dragging him to the Express’ corner. Fuji is yelling at the two to finish him off. Sato lifts Koko up, and Tanaka gets set to go for the crescent kick, but Owen Hart launches himself into the ring and takes out Tanaka with a dropkick. Sato drops Koko and starts trading blows with The Rocket, but gets sent out of the ring as well. Owen was about to fly out of the ring, but it was Koko who leapt to the outside, taking both men out in the process. He rolls Tanaka back into the ring, makes a legal tag to Owen, who climbs to the top rope. Koko grabs Owen and they hit the Rocket Launcher on Tanaka. Sato tries to break the pin up, but Ware nails him with a Ghost Buster for his efforts, as we have a pinfall.
Winners: High Energy

It’s time for Sean Mooney and the Event Center…

Mooney: Good evening folks, and welcome to a very special edition of the Event Center. Now as promised it is now time to find out just who the first 10 participants are in the Royal Rumble match. With the winner gaining a shot at the WWF title at Wrestlemania. Let us all find out who the first 10 are…

Ultimate Warrior
Roddy Piper
Earthquake
Skinner
Tatanka
The Mountie
Virgil
Shawn Michaels
Sid
Jake Roberts

With names like that, the Rumble match is sure to be a sight to see. Right now let’s hear from one of the 10 entrants, the cocky and arrogant, Shawn Michaels…

Michaels: Do you really think that any of those other 29 men have a chance against the wrestler of the 90’s, Shawn Michaels? Haha, I don’t think so!!! While there is some stiff competition in the Rumble this year, there is only one, and I mean one, Heartbreak Kid. So whether it be the biggest of the big, or the smallest of the small, when it’s all said and done, Shawn Michaels will be headed to Wrestlemania, standing tall.

- commercial -

“Rowdy” Roddy Piper vs Repo Man
Almost immediately Repo Man attacked Piper from behind with multiple double axe-handles to the back. He shot him off the ropes and caught a knee to the gut of Piper. Once again, he shot him off the ropes but applied an abdominal stretch. Repo grabbed the top rope for leverage, unbeknownst to the official. Once the crowd screamed for the referee to look at the hands of Repo Man, his hand would be off the ropes and back on the abdomen on Piper. Finally on the third attempt, Repo was caught, and the referee kicked his hand from the ropes, letting Piper hip toss Repo to the outside. Piper chased his opponent all around the ring, and finally slid back into the ring and was met with repeated blows by Repo. The end was near apparently, as Repo signaled for his finisher, The Crowbar, which was a single leg Boston Crab. As he turned Piper over, Piper managed to roll to the outside of the ropes and onto the mat. He grabbed Repo and hung him on the top rope, throat first. This allowed Piper to slide back into the ring and apply his Sleeper Hold on the Repo Man. Slowly Repo faded as his arm was lowered to the mat three times.
Winner: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

We go backstage to Mean Gene Okerlund

Mean Gene: It certainly it appears the Hot Scot is ready to rumble in 2 weeks. Could we have just seen the Royal Rumble winner in action? Who could be the other names in this huge event? With a spot in the Wrestlemania main event on the line, whomever enters this match will have to put it all on the line with such a great reward. We will have more names and more action on Superstars, we'll see you then everybody.

Royal Rumble Card
Money Inc vs Nasty Boys (Tag Team Titles)
Mr. Perfect vs British Bulldog (IC Title)
Royal Rumble Match (20 spots remaining)​

seX-Power

I recommend that you slow down and wait a while between posts, your show could have waited for about another 3-5 days. Regarding the BTB, it's been a while since I've seen a BTB based on so long ago and I wasn't watching the WWE (or living) at this time so I don't really know how I'll be able to connect with this BTB. I'll check out the show later though.