WWEv2 presents: Monday Night Raw! (Episode 1)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killz

Reaction score
-WWE made a horrible decision riding on the popularity of some recent accidental blood appearing in matches and returned to a TV-14 format. Suddenly ratings plummet as established stars injure themselves and take up outside projects away from wrestling. Without a focus on character building WWE are going to be dropped by their network and stock continues to fall. Now without John Cena due to the injury and with several part-time stars like Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar seemingly cutting their losses running live events with the show revolving around the ageing Undertaker and Triple H is the only way to remain afloat as they seek a new television deal.

-TNA finally fold. An insider reveals just how badly the company is haemorrhaging money and their TV deal falls through too. Without the funds to maintain themselves the mega stars drop like flies. Hogan, Pritchard and Bischoff’s contracts are terminated. Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle are the next to become free agents. Sting officially announces his retirement and moves into the shadows. The rest of the roster falls apart and Dixie Carter eventually calls it quits tweeting simple “Thank you and goodbye.†The TNA roster remaining under contract before the company folds voice their frustration.

-In the space on TV ROH sign a season long deal with Spike to air a weekly wrestling show but poor production values lead to desperate ratings. ROH invest a substantial amount of money tempting the likes of the Hardy’s and Kurt Angle to sign with ROH but this plunges the company into financial straits and the playground for the stars of tomorrow and some of the best workers in the business eventually shuts its doors too. A splinter version of ROH rears its head soon after but the decision makers are long gone seeking other projects and several of the main event talents become free agents.

This all sets up the following ground breaking night in sports entertainment history on Monday July 22nd 2013…

[video=youtube;w2pv2ecEDnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pv2ecEDnE[/video]

Pyro erupts around the arena and the, albeit thin, crowd throws up as much noise as they can. It hasn’t been confirmed but the dirtsheets and the TV guide seem to suggest this is the last night RAW will be featured on television for the foreseeable future. As such, no-one is surprised when instead of receiving an introduction from Michael Cole or a typical champions promo opening the show this theme plays instead.

[video=youtube;JLV2ee10u3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLV2ee10u3M[/video]

The crowd pop and start a ‘Thank You Vince!’ chant which Vince graciously accepts as he swaggers out from the back and down to the ring like only he can with the classic Vince walk. He walks up the steel steps and climbs through the ropes before crossing the ring to grab a microphone. He returns to the centre of the ring and waits for the crowd noise to subside.

vince_280x390_496833a.jpg

Vince: Thank you, thank you. Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Monday Night Raw! Now, some of you might have read or found out from various sources this week that this is in fact our last televised episode of RAW and that an American institution is going to end. Over 1000 episodes and it has all come down to this.

The crowd boos as Vince looks disappointed. He gathers himself after a few moments.

Well, you heard wrong.

Confusion reigns and the crowd throw out a small pop. Vince continues to explain.

I have a small personal fortune and I have made a number of decisions this week that I hope will ensure the future of this company in the short term AND going forward. I have found us a new home and whilst some of your favourite superstars have taken their ball and gone home already I have signed a number of free agents who I think are really going to shake things up again!

The crowd immediately start chanting for Angle and Hardy, depending on the age of the fan in attendance, and Vince nods to acknowledge.

Now, as for tonight, on this historic episode of Raw, I have some bad news. John Cena, as some of you may know, has suffered a serious neck injury and is out of action for an undisclosed period of time. We’re talking 6 months minimum, maybe 1 or 2 years, maybe he’ll never be back in this ring. I want to take this opportunity right now to say thank you to John for everything he’s done for this company and get well soon, kid.

The crowd boo the news but clap the respect from Vince as McMahon shows a legitimate level of emotion and looks directly into the camera to deliver the last line of those wishes. He continues.

As such, the WWE title is now vacant but it is not dead, no, not like some other titles. I’ll get to the WWE title in a moment but I’d like to address The Shield and Alberto Del Rio personally here tonight. In the last several months I have been dealing with important matters behind the scenes and dealing with general managers and yada yada yada so I’ve only just recently been given the tapes of your, shall we say, endeavours recently. So, speaking of endeavours, enjoy the next few months of your endeavours “The Shield†because you’ll be spending them on the sidelines, you’re out, and your titles are stripped and meaningless as of right now. They will not be defended on my show again. The same goes for the World Heavyweight Championship and it pains me to say so. My son-in-law Triple H made that title a real focal point of this brand for a great number of years but Alberto Del Rio would rather risk the health of another superstar than honour that belt’s rich history. Del Rio, you avoid suspension this time. After all, I’m a business man.

The crowd don’t quite know how to react to the information.

Everything else rolls on so as usual, enjoy the sh-

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME

[video=youtube;BmHZ1UQ9r-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHZ1UQ9r-0[/video]

The crowd pops huge for the arrival of Triple H! He makes his way out from the back, suited and booted, with Stephanie McMahon by his side. They stride towards the ring, Hunter forgoing his usual entrance shenanigans, to join Vince in the ring who looks perplexed to see them. Triple H grabs a microphone.

HHH: Vince, I just wanted to say, as ever, thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done and thank you for saving this show. Ladies and gentlemen, Vincent Kennedy McMahon!

The crowd cheer as the seemingly genuine show of support of appreciation. We’ve all come to know Hunter’s facial expressions by now though and the crowd suspects something is up as he puts an arm around Vince’s shoulder with Stephanie taking up a position on the other side of him.

Trouble is old man, we’re a publically traded company and whilst you were sending your guys to Ring of Honour and penning that new TV deal, well, Steph here came to me and suggested I buy up some of those shares. With Shane gone and me and Steph on the same page we have enough stock, well, let’s just say that 96% you use to have is more like a 50/50 split. I’m your new business partner Vince!

The crowd boo for the underhanded acquisition of the company.

So that means, everything you want to do has to go through me. Luckily, I actually agree with everything you’ve done so far but before you get ahead of yourself I suggest you make your way out of OUR ring so I can sort out some of the mess you’ve neglected to tend to.

Vince: Now wait just a minute here!

HHH: Hey, don’t you raise your voice to me, do you know who I am? We’re co-owners of this company now so if you do anything I don’t like I’ll have security take you away and we’ll have to discuss it all like…civilised people in the back, ok?

Vince takes the hint, but with anger and determination in his eyes, he exits the ring. Vince shoots a look of disbelief back at Stephanie before heading up the ramp and to the back. The crowd boo the holy hell out of Triple H.

HHH: Come on, this is business and I’m doing what’s right for business. Vince is done, he’s washed up, he nearly let this company fall off the face of the earth. So we waited for him to get the money together to save our television deal before we dealt with getting some control around here. It’s just how I do things and if you think I’m damn good in this ring you just wait until you see what an excellent owner I am. I’ve got the suit and everything. Now, as for the WWE title…

The crowd rumble in anticipation.

…I’ve decided that we will crown a new champion TONIGHT! That’s right, I’ve hand-picked 8 superstars who will compete in singles matches tonight. If they win their match they get to compete in the fatal-four-way that will main event TONIGHTS SHOW to determine the new WWE championship and that man gets to take that shiny new belt around with him…

STATIC

[video=youtube;a0CgrNT5CeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0CgrNT5CeM[/video]

One of the last remaining bastions for the crowd and the smart fan heads out from the back in a trademark hoody. He quickly calls for his music to cease and he has a microphone already in hand.

CM Punk: It’s not a belt, Hunter, it’s a championship title and I’ve just heard backstage that I’m not one of the men picked tonight to compete for that very title! I was WWE Champion for 434 days and you shove me to the back of the line? No dice, Hunter. I am the BEST IN THE WORLD and I demand to be treated in a way that makes you the most money and gives me the spot I DESERVE. Since Brock upped and left I’ve got one eye on Heyman but you’re damn sure I’ve got one eye on the WWE title so you better-

Stephanie interrupts.

Stephanie: Punk, don’t worry. You have a match too tonight. It’s not for a WWE title opportunity though, I’m sorry, that’s all booked now but you know your friend Daniel Bryan? *pop* well you’ll get to tear the house down with him again tonight!

CM Punk: For what? Look, I love the guy, he’s nearly as good as me, but this is a whole new era supposedly and you want me to buy this shit? *pop*

Stephanie: What if I told you we’ve got another old friend of yours? And a fourth man who I think will gel very nicely with the three of you? I’ll keep it a surprise for you though Punk. We’ll see you later.

CM Punk: Oh I’m not done, not by a long sho-

Punk’s mic is cut off.

Stephanie: We SAID see you later Punk.

Stephanie waves as we go to commercial with the crowd booing with every fibre of their body.

-----------
COMMERCIAL
-----------

images

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Michael Cole and alongside me is JBL and we’d like to welcome you to, well, a brand new era of Monday Night Raw apparently!

JBL: I love it and I can’t wait to see what Triple H does for this company, can’t wait.

Cole: And we’ve got big news for you right now, we’ve just been given the list of superstars competing to determine the competitors for the fatal four way tonight for the WWE championship. They are as follows: Zack Ryder, Alex Riley, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Kane, Ryback, Randy Orton and, get this JBL, we’ve heard rumours but it’s true, Kurt Angle!

JBL: That is HUGE! I can’t wait and it looks like the first match is up right now!

[video=youtube;JxDcxrI8vBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxDcxrI8vBU[/video]

The crowd boo heavily as Jack Swagger makes his way out from ringside with Antonio Cesaro and Zeb Colter in tow. The music quickly fades as Zeb begins a tirade.

Zeb: Just like the immigrants in this country from Mexico and around the world who sneak across our borders every day and take our jobs and poison our economy Triple H has done something very un-American.

The three men progress towards the ring.

It does not take a smart man to play with Vince, one of the greatest Americans EVER, but an idiot and Triple H may as well at this point be a damned immigrant because he has soiled our nation with his behaviour. I’m not all the way behind Vince though because he did something stupid too when he signed Kurt Angle.

The crowd pop as the three men arrive at ringside.

Kurt Angle is nothing compared to the gentlemen stood beside me and his days are numbered. I have nothing against the man personally but Jack Swagger, a real American, will defeat him tonight so that we can keep this company pure so that we can help keep this country, pure! WE THE PEOPLE!

No sooner has Zeb finished speaking than this theme hits to a HUGE reception.

[video=youtube;2QkS6--bpE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QkS6--bpE8[/video]

Chants of ‘You Suck!’ reverberate around the arena but Kurt embraces them as he spins out from the back with his arms outstretched. He laps up every moment before dropping to his knees as his red, white and blue fireworks erupt behind him. He gets back to his feet and claps the hands of a number of fans before rushing to the ring and rolling in. Swagger, who was stretching, puts up a fighting stance but Angle isn’t going to jump him. Instead Angle milks the reaction further by spinning in the ring waiting for his music to die down.

DING DING DING

The match largely features chain wrestling and submission attempts as you’d expect. Early on Angle gets the upper hand hitting a series of german suplexes and paying homage to Eddie Guerrero but a Swagger heat segment featuring chin locks and shots to the legs and ankles brings the crowd down to a simmer. Swagger repeatedly tries to the ankle lock to no avail as Kurt knows every reversal for it in the book. Eventually Swagger goes for it again, after a gut wrench powerbomb, but Kurt pulls the old loosened boot trick and as Swagger pulls the boot off Angle pops up and hits an Angle Slam. Cesaro rushes the ring to make the save but gets an Angle Slam for his troubles too before Kurt makes Swagger tap.

Your Winner: Kurt Angle!

angle_original.jpg

Angle looks gassed but determined as he motions for a title around his waist as we go to the commentary team.

JBL: What a match! Angle hasn’t lost a step.

Cole: That was a great way to kickoff the action portion of Monday Night Raw anyway and have we got a show for you. We told you earlier the 8 men who were competing for a shot at the title and now we can reveal the last 3 match-ups. Angle has already qualified and will later on face the winners of: Zack Ryder vs Randy Orton, Alex Riley vs former World Champion Dolph Ziggler and, get this, Kane vs Ryback!

JBL: Zack Ryder? What odds would I get on Orton being in the finals tonight because that is going to be a massacre.

Cole: Nevertheless stay with us folks, there’s lots more to come.

-----------
COMMERCIAL
-----------

We come back to a backstage scene in which Dolph Ziggler bumps into Randy Orton.

Orton: So I guess you heard the news. Looks like we might be seeing each other later on tonight.

Ziggler: Look, you just worry about beating little Zack and I’ll worry about stealing the god damn show, alright?

Shadows loom behind both men and the camera widens to reveal Kane and Ryback.

Kane: You’re lucky the draw went your way or you might have something else to worry about.

Ryback: Kane’s right, I’m hungry tonight.

Ziggler looks worried but Orton takes command of the situation.

Orton: I think you two might be forgetting that it won’t be the four of us in that ring tonight because even if Dolph and I win only ONE of you will get the spot.

Orton leaves the scene and Dolph scampers away too as the realisation seems to dawn on Kane and Ryback who are left to stare each other down and breath heavily. We go back to the ring with Justin Roberts.

Justin Roberts: The following match is for a spot in the fatal four way for the WWE championship! Introducing first, from Long Island, New York, Zack Ryder!

Ryder is already in the ring as this theme hits.

[video=youtube;4hT-b-iz83A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hT-b-iz83A[/video]

Another monster pop from the crowd as Orton walks out from the back looking all business. He strides towards the ring and climbs up the steps. Through the ropes he slithers before hitting the turnbuckle on the other side of the ring and climbing to the top to pose for the crowd. He climbs down and stretches out his shoulders as the referee calls for the bell.

DING DING DING

This one doesn’t last long. Ryder rushes Orton and lands some kicks to the midsection driving Orton into the corner. Orton flips Ryder round to land some right hands but somehow Ryder flips Orton and lands some vicious right hands of his own until Orton slumps down into a seated position in the corner. Ryder backs up and goes for the face wash but Orton swings his legs round and rolls out of the ring before Ryder can hit the move. Ryder gets hung up as Orton slides back into the ring and hits an RKO as Ryder turns around. Orton gets the pin in a foregone conclusion and this one went maybe 1 minute.

Your Winner: Randy Orton!

images

Orton gets his arm raised and it doesn’t look like he’s broken a sweat as we go back to commentary.

JBL: Looks like we have some time to kill because Randy Orton just took one minute to put Zack Ryder out!

Cole: Dominating display from Randy Orton and it just goes to show there’s no-one on the roster who can strike out of nowhere like that, he’s the viper for a reason.

We’re taken backstage where Vince is seen on the phone talking to a mystery person.

Vince: What do you mean you sold your shares? How could you? … Don’t tell me that, you should have come to me first … Linda too? Damn it Shane do you know what you’ve done?

There’s a knock at the door and Vince hangs up the phone call in anger. He turns to see the returning Hardy Boys! Matt looks healthy and Jeff is spaced out covered in face paint.

Vince: Gentlemen this isn’t the perfect time.

Matt: We get that Vince and first of all, we just want to say, thanks for signing us back to a WWE contract.

Vince: It’s fine, get to the point.

Matt: Well we were just wondering, it’s our first night back and we’re not even on the show? What gives?

Vince thinks for a moment before reddening with rage.

Vince: Did you see what happened to me out there?! And I’m supposed to worry about whether or not you’ve got a match or not? You know what, I stripped the Shield of their tag titles but I don’t think I’m ready to say goodbye to them yet, no. Next week you will wrestle for the vacant tag-team titles!

Matt: Oh wow thank you so much Mr. McMahon, we owe you one! Come on Jeff.

Jeff gets in Vince’s face but with his eyes closed as they have been this whole time but Matt drags him away. Vince shakes it off and frantically gets back to making phone calls. We go back to ringside as this theme hits once more.

STATIC

[video=youtube;a0CgrNT5CeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0CgrNT5CeM[/video]

The crowd hits their feet as CM Punk walks slowly out from the back, his hood up. He stops at the top of the entranceway and kneels down. He checks his watch, lowers his hood and roars “it’s clobbering time!†as he bursts forward and towards the ring. Punk rolls his wrists once he enters the squared circle to await his opponents.

[video=youtube;ZAwfNJVtqJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAwfNJVtqJg[/video]

Screaming “YES!†in unison with the crowd the whole way down the ramp Bryan storms out from the back looking like he means business. He jumps down the ramp chanting YES with his fingers in the air as Punk looks on and laughs. Bryan runs up the steel steps before vaulting himself into the ring. He and Punk exchange words as the crowd rumbles through the silence now awaiting the third man Steph spoke of.

[video=youtube;c358h-9uvmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c358h-9uvmg[/video]

The smarks in the crowd blow the roof off the arena as sure enough Samoa Joe makes his way down to the ring in ring gear and looking ready to go. He smirks at the two men in the ring who can’t believe their eyes. Joe does a cut throat gesture but laughs it off as he runs to the ring and rolls in to literally embrace both men in a bro hug as they await their last opponent.

[video=youtube;SbnYwHevOck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbnYwHevOck[/video]

Another smarky reaction greets the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, Austin Aries! He makes his way out from the back with a cape on but throws it to the ground as he approaches the ring. Aries is smirking all the way and imploring everyone in the front rows to admire his body and presence. Most people aren’t having it. In the ring Aries goes for the bro hug with Joe but pulls away at the last second and starts landing with some European uppercuts to start the bout!

DING DING DING

The match goes around 14 minutes with Bryan, Punk and Joe teaming up on Austin Aries. Bryan repeatedly goes submission for submission with Joe in the middle of the match whilst Punk and Aries trade more powerhouse moves and strikes. At one point Aries hits his brainbuster on Punk before taking a flying knee from Daniel Bryan. Bryan then applies the Yes Lock to a practically out cold Punk before Joe applies an arm bar to Bryan all the while on top of an unconscious Punk! The finish comes when Joe is making Aries tap on the outside after Aries has spent the match playing the heel role and pissing Joe off. Joe can’t make the save in time as Bryan comes off the top for a flying headbutt but Punk has been playing possum and gets up to position himself in a way that Bryan crashes into his knee. A crazily modified GTS. Punk gets the 3 count.

Your Winner: CM Punk!

images

Punk gets his hand raised but he falls back to the mat exhausted as the scrambling Joe gets to his feet and helps him up. They hug again as Bryan stirs and they help him to his feet too. The crowd clap at the sportsmanship as an angry Aries looks on from the outside holding his head and looking severely worse for wear.

Cole: Nothing was on the line tonight except perhaps honour you might say and they sure showed a lot of that. Well most of them.

JBL: Honour and skill to boot but Austin Aries is the guy I’ve got my eye on, the kid is a future main event star and he won’t like being left out of this.

Cole: He shouldn’t have been bending the rules the whole match then! They wrestled with pride and honour and Aries didn’t!

JBL: Ah bending the rules, what do you know Cole? I’m a wrestling God and I say Aries is the man who came out of that match with the brightest future.

Cole: My colleague aside we’re going to take a break.

-----------
COMMERCIAL
-----------

[video=youtube;OhKamcyP9a0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhKamcyP9a0[/video]

Ziggler’s theme hits to a huge mixed reaction and he steps out from the back cocky as ever. He’s got a “showoff†brand t-shirt on and shakes his hips in a way Billy Gunn sure would be proud of. Ziggler styles and profiles on his way to the ring before rushing to the hardcam side of the ring and hopping up onto the apron. Stepping on foot inside the ring he leans back, almost to showoff his own body, smirking at the crowd. He finally steps through the ropes but before he can do anything else this theme fills the arena.

[video=youtube;6FEK0X1Bmss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEK0X1Bmss[/video]

Some in the crowd are happy to finally see Riley on television but most are dead for the guy who comes out from the back pumping his arms and trying to work the crowd up. He bounds to the ring, beaming from ear to ear, as he throws a towel to someone ringside. The towel just hits the floor. Riley shrugs it off and powers up the steel steps before climbing into the ring and posing on the turnbuckle. As he hops down the bell rings.

DING DING DING

In the early going Riley shows a hell of a lot of heart, taking some vicious DDT’s and strikes and a missile dropkick straight out of a wrestling manual but kicking out every time. Ziggler grows frustrated as Riley continues to show promise and Riley manages to land a delayed suplex and look really good slowing Ziggler down and applying some basic chain wrestling manoeuvres. Both men earn a sense of respect from the crowd for going so hard. At one point Ziggler is rolled up for an extremely close count and as Riley turns away to the ref frustrated Ziggler hits a zig-zag! Not content; Dolph actually waits and stalks Riley as he recovers just to hit another zig-zag for the pin.

Your Winner: Dolph Ziggler!

ziggler3_original.jpg

The crowd who HAD respected Ziggler and were glad to see him boo the hell out of him as Riley had put up one hell of a fight.

Cole: Great fight from Riley there but the proven champ too much and…wait, what the hell, come on!

Ziggler returns to the ring after seemingly leaving to beat on Riley and deliver some vicious right hands and yet another zig-zag! Eventually officials come to take him to the back.

JBL: Stupid kid, you might have cost yourself your chance in the fatal four way tonight!

Cole: We’ll keep you updated on that situation.

We go to the back again and Vince is on the phone once more but this time he seems a lot happier.

Vince: You will? Thank you. I really do owe you and you know how hard it was to come to you. Yes. Yes of course. Tonight? Can you make it? Actually to hell with it, I’ll send the jet, just be here before the end of the show. Ok great.

We fade to commercial.

-----------
COMMERCIAL
-----------

[video=youtube;DhOUsoRl98M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhOUsoRl98M[/video]

Fire erupts from the stage and the big red monster Kane makes his way out from the back. Adjusting his classic black glove he looks as mean as ever as he steps methodically towards the ring. Kane clean steps from the ground to the apron before stepping over the ropes entirely showing off just what a large frame he has. He stands in the centre of the ring and raises his arms into the air before bringing them down to the set off the turnbuckle pyro he has become famous for. As the pyro erupts this music replaces the dark theme of Kane.

FEED ME MORE

[video=youtube;y-BdUTdF82M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-BdUTdF82M[/video]

The crowd throw up a mixed reaction for Ryback who steps out from the back and does his arms in the air, collecting energy, shtick. He makes a beeline for the ring as his music properly kicks in before he walks up the steel steps and climbs into the ring. Kane stands his ground the whole time and we’re in for a tough one.

DING DING DING

In a somewhat classic big man match there are a lot of strikes and a lot of moving around the ring to use turnbuckles and rope leverage to your advantage. Ryback consistently goes for shoulder blocks but can’t knock the big red machine down. Kane goes up top at one point and Ryback actually moves to catch him but Kane is too heavy and Ryback falls beneath him for a real long 2 count. There is legitimate fear for Ryback’s health but Kane keeps up the pressure and eventually goes for a chokeslam. He hits it and expects the win but Ryback kicks out! Ryback shakes the cobwebs and eventually, after trading strikes, hits a DDT to Kane followed by the meat hook clothesline. In a feat of strength Ryback follows up with Shellshock and this one is done, 1,2,3.

Your Winner: Ryback!

8018ef17d2053a7f8e9e7482169f1ec2.jpg

A mean look on his face Ryback doesn’t lead the crowd in his catchphrase tonight as it is being phased out of his ring routine.

Cole: Well there’s your fourth man JBL!

JBL: And he’s already the favourite, look at the size of this man plus the beating he took there shows he can handle anything.

Cole: That means tonight in your main event we have Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler vs this man, Ryback, for the WWE Championship!

JBL: I can’t wait! This is going to be a good one.

Going backstage once more we see Triple H looking agitated.

HHH: There’s monitors everywhere, does he think we don’t know he’s up to something?

It’s revealed he’s talking to Steph.

Stephanie: I don’t know, want me to try and find out?

HHH: Yes please there’s no point you just standing there!

In a fit of frustration Hunter turns and flips the table he was sat on.

HHH: He’s going to ruin everything I just know it.

Back at ringside Ryback is informed the fatal four way is up next and he remains in the ring.

-----------
COMMERCIAL
-----------

[video=youtube;7j9jKNOf1lQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9jKNOf1lQ[/video]

Orton makes his way out from the back looking smug as ever. He’s taped up his wrists but looks fit and calm as he walks to the ring. He walks up the steel steps for the second time tonight and climbs through the ropes. He and Ryback come eye to eye before Orton moves past him and climbs the turnbuckle to pose for the crowd. As he does so…

[video=youtube;3UY1xiMZ8kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UY1xiMZ8kU[/video]

Looking frustrated, beaten and worse for wear Ziggler makes his way out. Boos now ring around the arena for Ziggler who tries to pose but can’t due to the effects of his earlier match. Ziggler shakes it of though and hops up onto the nearside ring apron before leaning back and screaming “it’s my time!†which draws more boos from the fans who could hear the message. Ziggler enters the ring and backs directly into Ryback. Ziggler effectively shits himself and begs off into the corner as the three men wait for their final opponent.

[video=youtube;2QkS6--bpE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QkS6--bpE8[/video]

The crowd’s obvious favourite in this match now; Angle spins out from the back. He looks gassed and a little beaten up but is obviously full of energy and pumped up. He walks to the ring and looks at the men in the ring, a formidable trio, before circling the ring. Angle eyes them all up trying to get into their heads before finally sliding into the ring and posing for the crowd who pop big. Finally, after the official has done his mandatory checks, Justin Roberts takes over.

Justin Roberts: Ladies and Gentlemen the following contest is a fatal four way match for the WWE Championship! The superstar to gain the first fall or submission becomes the WWE Champion. Introducing first, from Hollywood, California, Dolph Ziggler! Second, from Sin City, Ryback! From St. Louis, Missouri, the Viper, Randy Orton! And from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Kurt Angle!

The crowd pop as we get under way with this one.

DING DING DING

The four men stand and eye each other up for what seems like an eternity. All four men make sudden, jerking movements to try and unsettle the tension but no-one moves an inch. Eventually Angle offers a test of strength to Ziggler to get things going but Ziggler waves it off and bails from the ring to the outside. Angle offers the same to Orton who also bails and chills at ringside. Angle realises who he’s left with and turns into a HUGE meathook clothesline. Orton and Ziggler, much to everyones confusion, slide back into the ring and start laying in boot after boot to Angle who is on the mat. They wait for him to get up so Ziggler can hit a zig-zag! The crowd boo heavily as Ziggler doesn’t go for a cover and they suspect something is wrong.

Cole: What the hell is going on here?!

Ryback drags Angle up and heaves him onto his shoulders before stomping around the ring and delivering Shellshock! The crowd’s heat picks up. Orton is seen to be smiling. Suddenly, to a mixed reaction, Triple H storms out to ringside looking pissed. He stands at the edge of the ring barking to the competitors “what are you doing?! This is for the title!†Ziggler ignores him and takes a seat on the turnbuckle as Ryback approaches the ropes and looks down at Hunter menacingly. Orton meanwhile begins to stalk Angle and, eventually, when Angle reaches his feet Orton hits an RKO!

JBL: Genius, Cole, can’t you see?

Indeed it all becomes clear when the official is forced to count a 1, 2, 3 for an Orton victory which is unchallenged by Ryback or Ziggler. The crowd rain boos down upon the three men as Orton is presented with the WWE championship!

Your Winner and NEW WWE Champion: Randy Orton!

images

Fireworks erupt as the crowd is pissed as hell.

Cole: God damn it this was meant to be a new start! Why would you do this? It means nothing now! And who’s cueing up those fireworks?

Triple H rolls into the ring and confronts Ryback and they talk trash to each other before Hunter shoves Ryback out of the way. Ryback looks pissed but let’s Hunter move on to Ziggler who dives in the way and tries to apparently plead Orton’s case but Hunter shoves Ziggler aside too. Hunter and Orton come face to face, eye to eye, and they glare intensely.

Cole: Now Orton’s going to pay, think of the history between these two men! Agree with Triple H or not, he has to do something here…oh my god…

Suddenly, after glaring at each other for a good 30 seconds, the two men smile and embrace to HUGE heat! Ziggler starts to laugh and talk trash with the crowd as Hunter and Ryback heave Orton onto their shoulders reminiscent of Evolution so many years ago. Orton this time though as the presence to hold his title high in the air and accept the money as deserving, regardless of whether it was or not.

Cole: God dammit.

JBL: I don’t believe what I’ve seen here tonight but we’re in for one hell of a ride.

???: Wait just a minute!

Storming onto the stage is a rejuvenated Vince McMahon.

Vince: I had a feeling something like this was going to happen and I’ve moved to stop you before you get started. Triple H, you might have got the signatures you needed to have 50% of the power around here but I still have a LOT of good friends on the board who have to retain a small fraction of the decision making abilities. After all, we can’t do it all can we partner? So, with a small majority I’ve made an executive decision to appoint a general manager to this show. Someone to keep things fair, to make matches and to not take any bullshit!

There is silence in the arena before suddenly…

GLASS SHATTERS

[video=youtube;t970pPTFqa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t970pPTFqa8[/video]

The crowd are thrown into a frenzy as the Texas Rattlesnake is seen stepping out of a helicopter that has collected him from the local airport as he storms into the arena.

Cole: I can’t believe it! Vince was a step ahead!

JBL: Shut up Cole, what a moment this is, the rattlesnake is back!

Austin suddenly appears on stage storming towards the ring and the 4 men currently stood there bail in 4 different directions. Ryback takes some persuasion from Triple H but eventually follows too. They all split up into different sections of the crowd because Austin comes wielding a steel chair he must have picked up on the way! Not his usual jovial self he rolls into the ring and flips off all four men individually as he looks around the arena. He invites them back to the ring but they all think better of it. Security come to stand guard around Vince who looks on at Austin, torn between confidence he brought in the right man to protect his company but uneasy that it’s Stone Cold. The new WWE champ scarpers from the arena followed by Ryback and Hunter and Ziggler has already escaped backstage not to be seen. Austin starts asking for some beers as we go off the air.

BeerBash.jpg

--------------------------------------

So I did a BTB thing! Just wanted to book some shit cause I don't write for feds anymore and I had this idea. As I was writing got a shit ton of ideas going down the line as well. Can't promise this will be weekly or anything but I kept the match style short and easy so that I can write when I'm bored and get a good lot done so maybe there'll be plenty more content down the line.

Reactions: 1 person

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
This is awesome! I've always wanted to see a WWE thread that utilizes TNA and ROH stars properly, which leads to so much potential for interesting matches. Good set of matches too, having Kurt Angle back in the WWE = win. Also are you going to use Stone Cold as an active wrestler? Because that would be soo awesome if you did!

Loving it so far, can't wait to see some future posts on this!

Killz

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments man, hope you keep reading if I do write more stuff!

Yeah I loved the idea of Vince being busy plundering the talent pool to get ratings back up because there's so many superstars that would fit back in to WWE, or into WWE for the first time, right now all in their prime. I hope to phase out some of the WWE jobber-pool and bring more TNA/ROH guys in as well eventually but that might be spoilers.

As for Austin I mean, he's GM right now but if Hunter is co-owner and leading his little group? Spoilers ;) but never say never is what they all say.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Only just saw this now, brilliant work Killz. Excellent read and I really like the direction that you chose to go with this BTB. You completely mixed things up by adding in all these free agents and by completely altering the wrestling landscape with WWE, TNA and ROH. Very nice idea to have HHH and Vince as co-owners battling against each other for complete control.

You picked some quality wrestlers to add to the roster and can I just say that the finish to the mainevent was perfectly executed. That would be a hell of an angle to run in real life.

I don't mind that you went with short matches, with BTB I like to see the direction of the storylines and pay less attention to the details of the matches.

Killz

Reaction score
Thanks Troy, means a lot man 'cause I know you like your Be The Booker stuff! I'm working on storyline progression as we speak and I'll start writing another show soon I think. Upon a re-read I don't think this is something I want to be a one time thing, I'd quite like to see a storyline cycle to it's conclusion.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Great one. Looks like the chaos is just beginning. Will we see more debuts & returns later on? Because Kevin Steen would be very cool at this one. Angle returns, also Hardy Boys (I don't like them meh), and Joe & Aries returned in a F4W match against DB and Punk. Wait a minute. And now Evolution is back? Also Austin returns? Waiting for the next show.

Killz

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting man! I'm spending a good portion of today writing (and TT'ing in UWF in my downtime haha) so there'll be another edition of the show in a day or two I hope.

I'd say, without spoiling too much, keep an eye out for the likes of Steen. Change is good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks Troy, means a lot man 'cause I know you like your Be The Booker stuff! I'm working on storyline progression as we speak and I'll start writing another show soon I think. Upon a re-read I don't think this is something I want to be a one time thing, I'd quite like to see a storyline cycle to it's conclusion.

I definitely want to see some more of this just to see where you take this angle. It is quite a dramatic change that you made with the show and I am wondering how this plays out and what other ideas you have going forward with this.