WWE's lack of faith in current top heels

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nodq.com said:
- It's said that Alberto Del Rio's stock isn't as high as it was a few months ago within WWE. There's a feeling that RAW is lacking a top heel and while The Miz is good, he's not seen as someone who can be the brand-carrying heel. Del Rio was supposed to be that heel but the feeling is that he's not quite at that level either.
Can kind of tell that there is no heel that they're fully behind when it comes to Raw unlike Smackdown who has theirs in Mark Henry at the moment. At this point if Dolph keeps it up I wouldn't mind him being the number 1 heel.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
No wonder Del Rio lacks credibility, he's booked like a coward and an opportunist.

Although if this means that WWE are going to either bring Miz back up or give other heels a shot (Cody, Wade, Dolph) then I can't wait.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think we saw Raws new top heel last week. Kane coming in and choke slamming Cena says "Hey I'm a bad guy" though it stops momentum on Cenas will he won't he angle for the time being. Truth is I agree Del Rio isn't their Miz is close but nobody in the locker room takes him seriously. I honestly thought this was the whole reason for the Raw Supershow but they've only brought more heels at the same level over with of course Mark. Need to push Dolph see what happens it's all they can do until it clicks. Or turn Cena which understandably their hesitant about.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
These two aren't the top heels because WWE didn't book them well at all. Miz won the mainevent match at WM this year but after that was rarely pushed as the top guy. Del Rio has won everything there is to win but WWE did a terrible job booking him as champion since they made him look so weak.

WWE need to do what they did with Henry to one of the RAW heels, just push them week after week after week. Don't give them a stop start push but put everything behind them and give them a strong storyline. Miz, Del Rio and Ziggler could all be the top heel for the brand but WWE don't do enough to put them over as stars. Unfortunately for them it looks like Kane will leapfrog all of them in the standings after how he returned on RAW this week by chokeslamming Cena to end RAW. Hopefully by WM28 WWE can make them maineventers and make them big names.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well no shit, ones push has bombed atrosciously and the other seemed to be being built as a ruthless HHH type heel when he doesn't have the size, look, believability, mic work or facial expressions to pull it off.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
In all seriousness this is why I feel Cena will turn Heel extremely soon. The fact that many people hate him already means that heel get instant heat and with adults booing him kids will just jump on the bandwaggon.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ziggler could easily be the #1 heel on RAW but it's the booking wise that needs to ensure that he gets that position.

I always thought R-Truth was great as a heel and could easily manage to be a top heel but he isn't quite up there for the main event, The Miz could easily be the #1 heel... But as Troy said after WM, he got de-pushed, thrown into a random tag team once again.

Kane will be #1 heel right now... Perhaps Kane could be showing Cena his past? Do you think Kane putting the mask on and Kane somewhat speaks on himself being ressurected and forces Cena to ressurect himself?

I actually see Kane making Cena become heel.

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Can kind of tell that there is no heel that they're fully behind when it comes to Raw unlike Smackdown who has theirs in Mark Henry at the moment. At this point if Dolph keeps it up I wouldn't mind him being the number 1 heel.

It's pretty obvious that they're also considering Dolph a good possibility. They've been building him up like crazy lately. I'm not all that high on Del Rio either, so I'm down to see someone new get pushed into a top heel position. Kane will occupy it for the time being, though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm not okay with two vets near the end of their career's being top heels on their brands though. I think you have to have a young guy have at least one of those spots. If it only last a month or something then that's fine but to me there needs to be that top heel that is their long term option.

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
I haven't been on forums for a while, so I don't know if this is a common opinion, but I really think they're setting Cena up for a huge heel turn at 'Mania. I really don't think they're gonna get a better chance to do it. The Rock is already heavily favored, so using his popularity to catapult Cena into the position of the most hated man in the company is the best option.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think they're actually gonna pull it off and if they do I see it being HBK/Hogan feud like where it's a very short tern he feels he has to do to beat the Rock and then goes back to normal old Cena. But I don't even know if they'll do that but I do know that if there was ever a time to do it this would be the time. I think Punk could be depended on to hold down the number 1 face spot if they ever were to decide to make Cena a top heel which then there would be no question who the top heel is. Funny thing is the fans who boo him would probably then cheer him.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
In all seriousness this is why I feel Cena will turn Heel extremely soon. The fact that many people hate him already means that heel get instant heat and with adults booing him kids will just jump on the bandwaggon.

I do think this current storyline where Cena talks about how the crowd reacts to him every week seems to be going that way it's whether or not WWE pulls the trigger before or after his match with Rock that I am waiting on.

As far as who I think who WWE should book it's Del Rio but you can't book him great one week, he wins the title on SummerSlam and instead of celebrating he complains about the work environment. What a fuckin' joke that was. So yeah it's not Del Rio's fault that he is amazing, it's WWE faults for dropping the ball. By the way Del Rio's fiestas should be a weekly thing after that travesty.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't been on forums for a while, so I don't know if this is a common opinion, but I really think they're setting Cena up for a huge heel turn at 'Mania. I really don't think they're gonna get a better chance to do it. The Rock is already heavily favored, so using his popularity to catapult Cena into the position of the most hated man in the company is the best option.

The biggest problem I have with turning him heel is there needs to be a huge face who can take his spot as the number one face in the company. CM Punk would be the best option although he is better in a tweener I don't care kind of role.

Hopefully if Cena turns heel it is more like Hogan's heel turn than Austin's terrible heel turn that WWE never mentions anymore.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm in the minority who just doesn't see a Cena heel turn working. Way too much time invested into him and I don't see him having the aggressiveness in the ring or on the mic to pull it off as even when his had his rapper gimmick his promos were entertaining (with the raps) but never that effective. Since he wouldn't be going back to that his effectiveness in cutting a heel promo scares me.