WWE wrestlers featured in the PowerSlam 50

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis Bickle

Reaction score
Power Slam magazine have compiled their annual list of the best in ring performers of the year. Eleven wwe wrestlers featured in the list of fifty.

What do you make of the following selections and who else do you think deserved to join them:

50: JACK SWAGGER - "Scrapes into the 50 based on his heightened profile between April and July and his athletic, water-tight performances....."

My opinion: Should be higher. Generally not a fan of Swagger but the guy can go in the ring and he has a lot of good matches in 2010 - making him world champion though was just ludicrous on a number of levels.

47: EDGE - "Rated-PG superstar" rushed back from a torn achilles tendon as a babyface to win the Royal Rumble on January 31st.... As a face, his promos and mannerisms were too aggressive for him to drum up much support in his feud with Chris Jericho.... Looked good in the main event of Fatal 4 Way and the Money in the Bank Ladder match...

My Opinion: Way too low. Edge has been in several entertaining tussles in 2010 even if his character development/overall booking has been terrible.

46: SHAWN MICHAELS - "'The Heartbreak Kid' was the best thing on television from Dec 09 to Mar 10"

My opinion: Again too low. Shawn was the best thing going during the best few months of the year. For that he deserves a top 25 spot despite missing the majority of the year.

44.) CM PUNK

My Opinion: About right given that he was fed to Big Slow for a significant portion of the year and ended up on the sidelines. His matches with Mysterio were great and his Mania match could have been a MOTY contender were it not for time constraints.

42: THE MIZ

My Opinion: Nothing wrong with this. Miz really came good in 2010 and began to show star power in the ring as well as on the microphone.

41: SHAEMUS - "Despite his push and title reigns, Shaemus still isn't over like a headline guy...."

My Opinion: Agree with the above statement and the rating seems about right too. Shaemus is a fine worker who had a series of passable matches throughout the year.

29: CHRISTIAN - "Hard-working star who jumped to TNA in 2005 partly in protest against wwe's refusal to use him in main events must have abandoned all hope that a headline wwe career will ever materialise...."

My Opinion: Way too low. I lost count of how many good matches Christian had this year - he got an entertaining scrap out of Ezekiel Jackson for goodness sake!

26: DANIEL BRYAN "Despite his comical entrance tune and the continuing verbal abuse he receives from Cole, the 29 year old is wwe's success story of 2010."

My Opinion: Should be top twenty at least.

23: CHRIS JERICHO

My Opinion: Given his time off this is probably justified.

19: RANDY ORTON - "Was regrettably overshadowed by the John Cena / Nexus saga in his uninspiring feud with Wade Barrett... 30 year old's title loss to the Miz at least opens the door to a new rivalry...."

My Opinion: Too high. Orton is a solid worker but he's really nothing special inside the squared circle and this year hasn't proven otherwise. His feud with Shaemus yielded a series of matches that were just there.

15.) REY MYSTERIO

My Opinion: Mysterio is a magician in the ring and he is more than deserving of this position.

NOTEABLE ABSENCES:

JOHN MORRISON - Say what you like about his excessively whacky character but Jomo is a dynamo in the ring and he definitely deserved a placing.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Daniel Bryan def needs to be higher on that list. Like you said should be at least top 20. Edge hasn't been all that great in the ring so tbh he is lucky to have even been on the list.

Travis Bickle

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan def needs to be higher on that list. Like you said should be at least top 20. Edge hasn't been all that great in the ring so tbh he is lucky to have even been on the list.

Edge has been involved in the majority of my fav matches this year so I think he deserves a higher place on the list. DB has been a saving grace this year and hopefully next year he gets some good, long matches to truly show what he's made of.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Somebody who I think gets overlooked but should be on here is Dolph Ziggler. The guy has been apart of some pretty good matches this year and really proved he can hold his own in the ring. From his match with Kaval on PPV to his stuff with Bryan, Kofi, etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I must be the only one who can't believe Cena didn't make the list. You can say what ever you want about him but his matches always deliver from a spectacle and electric atmosphere standpoint.

I also think Christian is fine where he is at as he really has done nothing since ECW folded at the start of the year. He did nothing on Raw besides be squashed by Sheamus, and he really did nothing on SD outside of being taken out by ADR and MITB.

Travis Bickle

Reaction score
Dolph can definitely go in the ring as his match with Cena recently reminded everyone.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
While I'm shocked Cena isn't on the list he hasn't really done anything to stand out this year in ring wise. Has been one of his weaker years tbh.

???

Banned
Reaction score
How the fuck Cena, Ziggler and Morrison missed the list is beyond me. This magazine has been a joke for years though, and will continue to be in the future.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sheamus imo shouldn't be on this list. Haven't really liked many of his matches personally enough to include him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
While I'm shocked Cena isn't on the list he hasn't really done anything to stand out this year in ring wise. Has been one of his weaker years tbh.

It has been a weak year, but his stuff with Dave alone should get him on the list if Christian made it after doing nothing since January basically.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's true those matches kind of slipped my mind but his stuff with Batista was solid. I'm surprised Christian is that high tbh for the reason you just said.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Here is the whole top 50

50: Jack Swagger.
49: Jeff Hardy
48: Max Buck
47: Edge
46: Shawn Michaels
45: Jeremy Buck
44: C.M Punk
43: Eddie Edwards
42: The Miz
41: Sheamus
40: Jay Briscoe
39: Kaz Hayashi
38: James Storm
37: Roderick Strong
36: Mark Briscoe
35: Togi Makabe
34: Robert Roode
33: Satoshi Kojima
32: Yamato
31: Kenny Omega
30: Kevin Steen
29: Christian
28: Daisuke Sekimoto
27: Claudio Castagnoli
26: Daniel Bryan
25: Pac
24: Chris Hero
23: Chris Jericho
22: Naruki Doi
21: El Generico
20: KENTA
19: Randy Orton
18: Kota Ibushi
17: A.J Styles
16: BxB Hulk
15: Rey Mysterio
14: Hirooki Goto
13: Cima
12: Shinsuke Nakamura
11: Alex Shelley
10: Seth Rollins
9: Chris Sabin
8: Naomichi Marafuji
7: Go Shiozaki
6: Shingo Takagi
5: Takashi Sugirura
4: Prince Devitt
3: Hiroshi Tanahashi
2: Davey Richards
1: Kurt Angle

That in the fuck @ Kurt being number 1 & why is Jeff Hardy on this list.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I was okay with the list... until you posted the rest. Kurt Angle #1 is just absurd.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler