• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: WWE Wrestlemania XVIII Preview & Live Discussion Thread

I'm not bothered about that for now, there's still 6 weeks to go, attitudes and plans can change constantly before then.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I

Don't forget there will probably be a MITB match as well.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

The matches I see added are....

MITB match
Big Show vs Big Shaq
Cody Rhodes vs goldust for the IC title
Beth Phoenix vs kharma for the divas title
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara (I'm going for the benefit of the doubt)
Team Long vs Team Laurinaitis for control of raw and smackdown

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

T
Big Show vs Big Shaq

:lol: Big Shaq! I seriously hope he calls himself that if he's in a match with Big Show, it'll be great!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Breaking news: wwe has released a statement that Shaquille O'Neal will not be wrestling at awrestlemania 28. Now at first I thought they were covering up but by how it looks now Cody Rhodes vs the big show will probably happen.

Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

The professional basketball legend made waves this past weekend when he reportedly told celebrity news site HollywoodLife.com that he will wrestle on April 1. During his storied basketball career, O’Neal amassed four championship rings, the most recent of which came in 2006, when he started as center for the Miami Heat.

A longtime member of the WWE Universe, O’Neal has appeared in the ring before. As guest host of the July 27, 2009, edition of Raw, the seven-footer inserted himself into that evening’s tag team main event of Chris Jericho and Big Show vs. Cryme Tyme. After the bout’s conclusion, Show confronted O’Neal, leading to a memorable confrontation between The World’s Largest Athlete and the self-proclaimed “Big Aristotle,” which ended with Big Show’s unceremonious dismissal from the ring. (WATCH)

Credit to wwe.com

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Not that I don't believe it, but this is the wrestling industry, let's wait and see if that holds up.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Not that I don't believe it, but this is the wrestling industry, let's wait and see if that holds up.

I was skeptical from the very first time I heard the rumor. Because the big show would have to be a heel

The word is that team Long vs team Lauranaitis will replace the MITB ladder match

The Michaels/Hunter/Taker feud continues. wwe.com got an over the phone interview with Mr. Wrestlemania himself. At first he was the happy go lucky HBK. But when asked the question does he think that Triple H will be better than him if he ends the streak. Well lets just say Shawn didn't respond in kind.
The interview is here.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Is anybody gonna post in this thread/respond to the news I've posted. Come on this is wrestlemania.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

First of all, you've been warned before about your posts, edit them if need be, but there's no reason for FOUR posts in a row.

Second of all, people will post when ready, we've all been speculating for months now and there are other things to talk about too. I know WM is a big deal, but it doesn't mean this thread needs to be constantly active.

Now that being said, if HBK's involvement leads to him becoming guest ref, I will explode from marking out. Finally a chance to see HBK live.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

In another update on injured star Rey Mysterio he says his goal is to be back in time for wrestlemania. When asked who he wants to face he said he wants to be in the MITB match. When asked about a match about Sin Cara he said I'm all up for it as long as my knee is fully healed

Max Lavoix

Reaction score

In another update on injured star Rey Mysterio he says his goal is to be back in time for wrestlemania. When asked who he wants to face he said he wants to be in the MITB match. When asked about a match about Sin Cara he said I'm all up for it as long as my knee is fully healed

It's way too late for them to come back for Wrestlemania. They'll probably both be back soon after it though if they are healed.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

It's way too late for them to come back for Wrestlemania. They'll probably both be back soon after it though if they are healed.

If they are both ready to go, they can easily work the opener and it would definitely get the crowd pumped. Not sure if that rumour is accurate but I wouldn't be opposed to the match. If anybody could get something out of Sin Botcha it would be Rey Rey.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah exactly if they opened the show it would get the fans in a frenzy

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah exactly if they opened the show it would get the fans in a frenzy

Plus it would guarantee that the WHC match doesn't jerk the curtain this year as well. :lol: