WWE wins in the end as always like I should be

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

theheel916

Reaction score
View attachment 11466

World's Worst Entertainment. I walked away n 2016 after 20+ years of enriching Stamford's coffers because of the fan-insulting Main event scene.

It hasn't changed since 2016, it hasn't improved, and at this point, it's on "auto-default" to the same old shit.

I hope Disney buys this company and absolutely ruins it (which they will). AEW will gain.

I hope AEW does gain but WWE will get better trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Nah, the writing is like top tier rn most of the time....just brought down by the roster :lol they shouldn't make me care about half the shit they put on screen but the booking manages them perfectly for the most part
Exactly. Impact has great writing.

Any time I'm looking forward to a WWE match, it's in spite of the storytelling, not because of it.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
View attachment 11466

World's Worst Entertainment. I walked away n 2016 after 20+ years of enriching Stamford's coffers because of the fan-insulting Main event scene.

It hasn't changed since 2016, it hasn't improved, and at this point, it's on "auto-default" to the same old shit.

I hope Disney buys this company and absolutely ruins it (which they will). AEW will gain.
I agree with your timeline. 2016 is were it started going downhill and I'd say it's definitely gotten worse since then.

• Love
Reactions: his_insanity

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Any time I'm looking forward to a WWE match, it's in spite of the storytelling, not because of it.
I wish that ever happened to me. If the storyline is putting me off, the match is immediately meh to me.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Honestly, the companies that has had the best and consent story lines would be TJPW, NOAH, BJW, H20, and No Peace Underground.

Reactions: TOP GUY TIME

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Why not just enjoy everything? Too many people getting sucked into this WWE vs AEW bullshit (that neither company worries about). Like fuck sake, the 90s we had Raw and Nitro obliterating each other with ECW there for some crazy shit and it was fucking awesome. SmackDown is decent, NXT is solid (I’m hopeful the relaunch works out) and Raw has a flicker of hope. Dynamite/Rampage doing good shit too.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why not just enjoy everything? Too many people getting sucked into this WWE vs AEW bullshit (that neither company worries about). Like fuck sake, the 90s we had Raw and Nitro obliterating each other with ECW there for some crazy shit and it was fucking awesome. SmackDown is decent, NXT is solid (I’m hopeful the relaunch works out) and Raw has a flicker of hope. Dynamite/Rampage doing good shit too.
I would if I could. Enjoying WWE is not something I can make happen, unfortunately. I really wish I could.

Also, they most definitely care.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw

Great quotes by Kenny Omega saying just that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I would if I could. Enjoying WWE is not something I can make happen, unfortunately. I really wish I could.

Also, they most definitely care.
This. Raw just not my thing. I can watch NXT and Smackdown, but I don’t care if I miss either.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I literally can't enjoy Raw and Smackdown is only slightly better though :lol

I do try to not go out of my way to shit on the product anymore however. Most people here are probably already aware how I feel. But when it gets brought up in this manner, I feel it's warranted.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Because whether people want to admit it or not, Pro-Wrestling just like anything else brings the tribal side of our minds and instills the you vs them mentally. It is possible to enjoy everything. If someone enjoys WWE, AEW, IMPACT, and a handful super indie shows then great for them, they aren't in a tribal mindset. That is why people are sucked into it, and saying that neither company is worried about the other is a false claim. They are a business and like all business are worried about making money at the end of the day, and with AEW winning the "war", it should make WWE do better, but instead they know they can milk they loyal fanbase dry. Think of it like Twitch Girls and their simps, or Animation studios that cater to the extreme Otakus.

The 90s also had the same problem. WWE v WCW v ECW, though ECW had no dog in the fight let's be honest. People would claim Nitro was better because of x reason and RAW people would say "fuck you, RAW was better because DX shot a watermelon at Vince!" and so on. Then of course, you had the ECW people going "Fuck both them. ECW is raw, gritty and gets it".

I do think there has been a change in thinking because it seems like nowadays, if you criticize a company then you hate it and aren't a fan. Which is far from being true. As well as the fact no one takes opinions as opinions no more and instead are taken as facts. It is pretty well established that I love Hardcore/Deathmatch promotions as well a few non-ones, but I do criticize them a fair bit. Not because I hate what they are doing or even booking or the idea of"I know, what is better", but because sometimes they make a dumb mistake. Like BJW had Drew Parker as their champion for a good bit, and then he lost a belt. I hate that decision because Drew is on fire right on and travels to other hardcore/deathmatch promotions, so with him as champion it could bring more eyes to your product.

In the end though, people can enjoy whatever they want. If people enjoy WWE, then fine. If people enjoy AEW, then fine. If people like both, then fine, but the people who like both have a hard time as once again tribalism forces them to pick one or the other. If you want wrestling to get better and quit petty arguments then people will have to get rid of the tribal ideas that is in wrestling. As well as learn how to take criticism, but if you dare question AEW then them rabid fans will be on and vice versa for WWE or any company really.

So in short if no one feels like this whole thing, you can like both no one is stopping you from doing so, but you have to be open to criticism and take opinions as they are.

Reactions: Necro