WWE vs. UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE or UFC

• WWE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UFC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
If you want to talk the most recent, Extreme Rules didn't even got 200,000 PPV buys (source: http://impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=32753) whereas the two UFC events surrounded Extreme Rules, UFC 112 and UFC 113 both DOUBLED that and more with over 500,000 PPV buys each (source: http://www.mmaforreal.com/2010/4/15/1423759/meltzer-ufc-112-a-major-ppv-success and http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/24/1485627/ufc-113-early-reports-suggest)

You have evidence of the statistics, and you can't get more modern except for Over the Limit, whose buy rates I couldn't find online in my brief search.

UFC ppv > WWE ppv

J...

Reaction score
If you honestly think you'll be entertained by a plethora of boring takedown, kicks, and punches then somethings wrong. WWE all the way.

Are you a man? What boring about someone kicking and punching the shit out of someone. Your saying youd rather see someone throw fake punches and kicks then real?

WWE putting on an exciting scripted match that keeps you on the edge of your seat to see who wins> A UFC match with the same chokeholds applied for 2 to 3 minutes, same kicks, same takedowns. UFC may not be scripted but I will take scripted WWE over UFC anyday.

For one thing choke hold are no frequant in UFC and matches and if they come out there are often switched up as one you try a choke hold on your opponent he'll be watching for it from that point on. Same kicks. Please explain? and there are UFC matches that have you doing more then sitting on the edge of your seat they have you screaming at your TV.

Honestly I don't think you've ever watched a UFC fight in your life. You act like every match in WWE is awesome too. Now adays you get maybe 1 good fight a year and 90% of matches on WWE during the week now adays are 5-10 minutes matches so you logic about that is flawed, honestly come on here your being biased beyond all reason.

Reaction score
It's tastes and preference. To me, I like UFC, but it's boring for the majority. At least 60% of the average fight is spent on the mat. It's not exciting as boxing or other sports. NFL and NBA>>>>WWE and UFC combined to me, but I'll always pick WWE to MMA.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
MMA fights will always be more boring than wrestling matches on their own simply because wrestling has the flexibility to do more stuff. Most MMA guys will say "It's real! It's real!" but that doesn't make it less boring. Half the fights I see they're stuck against the cage and stomping each other's feet. Guys goin' crazy with one hit KOs, roundhouse kicks, or perfectly executed armbars are rare and generally last 2-5 seconds at most.

There's an argument to be made that everyone already knows who's going to win WWE matches due to their LIFELONG crappy and predictable booking, which they're just now seemingly trying to change. (Well, everyone besides certain individual"s". anyway.)

If you'd asked me a week ago i'd have said I don't care about either. But since the NXT angle made me feel like a kid again, i'll go WWE. :3

chessarmy

Reaction score
UFC's biggest event of 2010 UFC 114 - Rampage vs Rashad had more buys than Wrestlemania 26. Would you consider that the present McFly?

Its not fair to compare boxing/MMA PPV buys to wrestling PPV buys, WWE/TNA have 8 hours of TV combined every week while MMA does not, the pro wrestling product is overexposed which is why less people order the PPVs. With UFC/Strikeforce, you don't get as much programming per month which is why people feel its worth ordering.

Oh, and to answer the question, I'm siding with WWE because good wrestling >>>>>>>> good MMA, and you know it

Reaction score
It's real simple, UFC is for plenty of adolescent males that have probably been beaten up,hence need something to cling to for the sake of their manhood, so why not jump on the fad, despite boxing being incredibly more manly, dangerous and exciting. WWE is for little kids, or at least that's the excuse I use to defend how manly I want to feel, despite having joined a wrestling forum to declare my love for UFC.

!

G 3

Reaction score
Haha, if WWE was my life, I'd be a little mad too, so it's okay.

But, WWE isn't wrestling. Vince McMahon has stated that WWE is sports entertainment, not professional wrestling. I never said I love UFC, it's just millions time better than WWE, but WWE is shit, so a lot of things are hell of a lot better. The reason MMA is more entertaining is because they're actually fighting each other, compared to having a leprechaun run around or wigger ass John Cena. MMA is like modern day gladiators. About boxing, I don't really care about your opinions on it, but boxing is a lot better than WWE, too.

J...

Reaction score
It's tastes and preference. To me, I like UFC, but it's boring for the majority. At least 60% of the average fight is spent on the mat. It's not exciting as boxing or other sports. NFL and NBA>>>>WWE and UFC combined to me, but I'll always pick WWE to MMA.

Thats where most of the real sport comes in, am I the only one on IWF who actually wrestled in school? Cause the shit they do on the mat takes so much more credit then people give them and its not boring its awesome to see the skill they use to get out of bad positions and such. Have you ever watched BJ Penn on the mat, the man will pull his leg upto his face to put it between him and his opponent and throw them off.

Reaction score
I'm assuming the Enzo Malenko post is satire. I'll still address the whole concept of boxing being more dangerous than MMA though. MMA is way more dangerous than boxing. When you get knocked down from a punch in boxing, the other guy doesn't jump on top of you and continue punching your unconscious, defenseless face. Boxing also doesn't involve holds designed to break a person's limbs.

I like wrestling; I am more entertained by UFC, though. I don't see why liking the two have to be mutual exclusive.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I like wrestling; I am more entertained by UFC, though.

Pretty much.

And Boxing is more dangerous in the long term. Boxing you're punching either the body or the head, in MMA you're attacking every part of your opponent. The greatest of all time, Muhammed Ali can't even walk on his own.