• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

They weren't under the TNA banner they were all under a bigger banner, the NWA banner. And the main title was the NWA Title. Notice anything?

Reaction score
I'm glad this debate will never cool off.

WWHHH has an impressive roster with world class talent and athletes. That's it. I watched WWHHH religiously from 1986,(at age 7), until Summerslam 2006. It's not digestable anymore. Three world championships? Two mid-card titles? Women's title, two tag team titles. The WWHHH has become professional boxing. That sport is a parody of itself. 4 world champions in every weight class. There's no one governing body like UFC or Elite XC. WWHHH has completely lost its focus and is careening into a god damn brick wall.

TNA is far from perfect but a significant improvement. Before I started watching it in Jan. 2005, most internet rumblings were about how amazing it was and how the wrestlers were better athletes, blah blah blah. Fast forward to now and it's much more polarizing. I don't want TNA to become #1. I just want it to exist so I have something else to watch. Comparing the 2 directly is still unfair since WWHHH does have superior production quality. Still, TNA TNA TNA!!

bigbenrex

Reaction score
wwe you can tell is way better but tna has awesome types of matches also whenever a wwe superstar gets released or becomes retired they go to tna but by far WWE is way better

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah I mean, you know you matter when you are thrown out to a 6man Tag Team Match every week, or you get your pushed killed just to reunite a stable nobody cares about and then end up using a Japonese Match.

Now I am not going to argue about making tag team and women's wrestling matter because quite frankly there is no argument on that, however, there are so many aspects you can point out in TNA that keeps them from being serious competition. I'll give you the top two in my head right now:

1) Tag Team matches as main event: Seriously, if I am going to pay to see a PPV, I expect the main event to be a damn title match, the top my company has to offer. Give me the 6man tag team match at iMPACT, but the title matches at the PPVs. Then again, more often that not TNA does the opposite.

2) You say TNA made athletes matter....who? Samoa Joe? Yeah, he mattered, back in 2005. Because now, even if he is the champion, he's a joke of himself. I can't believe that TNA is treating their champion, who not only has been in their company for years, and already held other belts, make look like a rookie that has no idea how to be champion if not guided by Kevin Nash. AJ Styles? Oh yeah, he matters now, because earlier this year and last year he was dressing up in costumes.

Matter of a fact is, argument of WWE and it's muscleheads is getting real dumb. Who's getting pushed in WWE as of right now? Brian Kendrick, Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, and neither of them fit in that category. Now, before you mention the name I know you're thinking (Batista), think in this one yourself: Matt Morgan

OneTRUEmisfit

Reaction score
Fuck TNA. They suck Vince McMahon's balls. I can't wait until they lose their TV deal. TNA sucks and TNA fans suck. WWE always has been and always will be the best professional wrestling organization ever. /end thread

King Of Kings

Reaction score
TNA had awesome kong in there main even once and i never tuned into that garbage again. There only top star is angle the rest would be midcarders in wwe.

Reaction score
^^That's exactly the problem in WWHHH. Their mid-carders ARE main eventers. That means if you aren't a superstar and just a wrestler, you must wait 354 years for your turn on a ppv title match. It's a oddity that this promotion suffers from having too many big names. If you think Kurt Angle is the only star then you haven't done your homework.

Travis40

^^No. Just no. TNA made tag team and women's wrestling matter. TNA made athletes, not muscled up meatheads, matter.

That is so wrong on so many levels. WWE isn't full of meatheads...and if they were, almost every TNA Main Eventer would be a meathead, with the exception of Joe. WWE has been pushing Hardy, Kendrick, Kingston, Santino, Benjamin, MVP, etc...who has TNA been pushing?

Going back to the meathead statement...look at how many people are in TNA that were in the WWE.

Matt Morgan
Kurt Angle
Booker T
Kevin Nash
D Von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley
Billy Gunn
Road Dogg
Rhyno
Christy Hemme
Jacqueline
ODB (wrestled some squash Divas matches)
Ariel
Scott Steiner

that's almost over half their fucking roster...

Reaction score
^^Oh jeez. That has no leg to stand on. You're just throwing out every name that was ever on the roster...even if for a month. That's the weakest rebuttal I've ever seen. Booker T, Scott Steiner, and Kevin Nash became biggers stars in WCW. The Dudleyz were big stars in ECW BEFORE WWHHH.

This argument will never end. I don't want to try and prove that TNA is better. Truth is, I'm just glad it exists. When WWHHH was the only show in town I was very bored. Hell, everyone was bored. I don't want TNA to try and butt heads like WCW did. I just want them to stick around so I don't have to see Vince pull his pants down anymore.

KF4E

Reaction score
No one product is better in my opinion. It's all down to personal preference. Some people love WWE because it's been around for longer, and some people prefer TNA because it's different.

I for one am fond of both products for various different reasons. I think it's too difficult to chose one product and state that it's better than the competition.

We will probably never know unles both companies went head to head, which I think they are on PPV in December if I remember rightly.

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol that just shows tna is scared of competing directly with the wwe. i was looking forward to seeing the ppv buys for that day...