WWE Vintage show....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

So last nights episode...

WM4 aftermath @ MSG 25/04/88:

Bret Hart Vs Bad News Brown
Randy Savage Vs Ted Dibiase w/Virgil
Demolition w/Mr. Fuji Vs Strike Force (Tito Santana & Rick Martel)

Went to bed after the Bret/Bad News match (Damn, after all that a time-limit draw????) , but will report back when I watch the rest...

1chiban

Reaction score
Oh man the time limit draw... that is old school :D

Great stuff again. Thumbs up to WWE for this show. More entertaining than their current programming imo

Airfixx

Hahaha....Yeah, been a damn long time since I seen a time limit draw!

I wondered what was going on initially... Especially cos it seemed like Bret talked the ref into STARTING a count to begin with...

Airfixx

Bump....

Haven't seen it yet, but this weeks episode includes The Rockers Vs The Brain Busters.

One of the best tag feuds ever..... DON'T SLEEP ON THIS!!!!

kingovkings

Reaction score
YUP i taped it. It was wicked match i watched i loved the rockers. Also Mr perfect was on and the bushwackers i love this programme it awsome matches go on for like ever, no 4/8 min jobs back then lol. Hogan and bossman in cage to that was good match.

1chiban

Reaction score
I'm still perplexed whether these were just House Shows. I would assume so, but why did they record commentary?

Airfixx

We never used to get WWFs Prime Time Wrestling show back then... I often assumed that I was missing some of their televised content back then. Wondering if this is the kinda stuff they'd have been showing. Alternatively, Maybe they used to record all aspects of the show when certain venues were suitably equipped or sumthin'. Think back to the random vids they used to release around like '90 onwards that were just collections of random matches from diff arenas with Alfred Hayes & Shawn Mooney doing the com'.

1chiban

Reaction score
I mentioned those random vids earlier in the thread. We always got 'Silver Vision Exclusives' :D

Airfixx

Hahaha.... An aging Superfly Snuka vs Greg Valentine or maybe Dino Bravo Vs Red Rooster being prime examples of our special privellages!

Airfixx

Bret V Owen in a cage from SSlam '94 on these weeks episode... BADASS!!!

Also....

Dibiase V Razor (SS93)
Hunter Hurst Helmesley V Sparky Plug (LOL) (SS95)
Taker Vs Gonzalez (SS93)
Alundra Blayze V BUll Nukano (SS95) >>> Totally suprised VKM would give Blayze any screentime after all the shit with the womens belt on Nitro. Fair enough mention it in the MNWars docu, but showing her for her wrestling skills is something different entirely.... Whatever the reason, a VERY odd choice of match considering the events they were picking from.

1chiban

Reaction score
Bret vs Owen = brilliant. One of my favourite tapes as a kid - I watched that over and over lol