WWE Video Game Ideas & Thoughts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Now this is more or less just a creative thread more than anything.
Nothing on here relates to the reality world, more just an idea thread based on WWE Gaming & opinions. I'm not sure about anyone else on this site but I'm starting to get sick of the whole Raw vs. Smackdown theme. It's time for a change (I think).

I am well known that WWE has a new game coming out called All-Stars how ever that looks more like a syfy fantasy type of star power game just based on how high the wrestlers go in the air & how beefed up the characters look.

With the recent release of the download packs for raw vs. smackdown 2011, Does anyone think it would be a better idea if WWE just came out with a brand new game lets say titled as "WWE The Video Game". The default setting would be all based on current time wrestlers, arenas etc. After unlocking the entire game to get the hall of fame stars etc etc. Maybe instead of coming out w/ a new video game every year, why dont they just release a download pack each year to keep relevant talent available for users to purchase & use in the video games.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I think they need to release a new game every year in order for the game to progress accordingly. There's a lot of things you can't add to a download pack.

Personally, I think they could vastly improve Smackdown vs. Raw if they tried to. They need to bring back GM Mode though. That was the best thing about SvR 2006, 2007 & 2008.

Killz

Reaction score
GM mode = win. It wasn't exactly a polished game mode but given proper investment that mode would have surpassed all others. They should have continued to progress that instead of any new crap they bring in.

I haven't bought the game since 07 I believe purely because it was becoming so tired and lazy. I could always get over the fact you were turning a pre-determined sport into something that could go either way based on skill but when the matches became so formulaic and the game modes so boring and tedious everything felt the same every single time you turned it on.

They need to re-brand/re-vamp the whole thing. Start from damn scratch or re-release HCTP.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
GM mode = win. It wasn't exactly a polished game mode but given proper investment that mode would have surpassed all others. They should have continued to progress that instead of any new crap they bring in.

I haven't bought the game since 07 I believe purely because it was becoming so tired and lazy. I could always get over the fact you were turning a pre-determined sport into something that could go either way based on skill but when the matches became so formulaic and the game modes so boring and tedious everything felt the same every single time you turned it on.

They need to re-brand/re-vamp the whole thing. Start from damn scratch or re-release HCTP.

(Y)

Definitely agree. I absolutely LOVED HCTP. The career mode on it was fantastic and completely unmatched by any other game. Being able to switch guys to face/heel, the storylines, the progression of the career, GM requests, feuds, stats, history; I loved everything about that game.

Also agree SvR needs a revamp. Every game is the same these days. I haven't bought any game since they scrapped GM Mode, which was the only reason I bought the last ones.

GM Mode could have been so epic, it was already epic, but if they'd fixed the basic glitches, tweaked a few features and added different aspects to the mode... it would have been worth the £40 on its own.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Yeah I remember when HCTP came out. It was like a beefed up version of SYM. I loved the whole idea of picking a superstar & doin a whole year of a storyline with you choice of superstar. I also loved the career mode & as recent GM modes. Today it seems that the focus is more on keeping an annul game out instead of going the whole 9 yards & creating something that could stand on it's own for a while like HCTP did before the smackdown vs raw cached on.