WWE trying to give Christian a story

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Speaking of Christian, there was talk this week about finding a storyline to get him back going. He’ll be back as soon as they come up with one, and I’m told coming up with one has been put somewhat on the priority list.
Nice to actually have some focus on Christian. Would you make him a heel, or a face? Who would you put him up against straight away?

Surprised no one made the Christian thread as this news has been going around for a couple of days now.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'd say a face for now. WWE has a good amount of heels, young heels that need to go over some veterans, and Christian would be a good choice. Plus, he could also put on some entertaining matches.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Sweet. Christian as heel imo is better than face, but the WWE does need more top faces.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
WWE needs faces. Despite I am a CC fan, I know that he doesn't get much fan attraction but that's because he didn't have any long run as a face. That title reign with WHC as face was so short. But WWE needs a guy like Christian, it's a fact.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Thought it was posted many times (but not recently) with generic titles like "backstage newz on Christian".

Throw him at Dolph (seriously type Dolph's every time I type his name now) at Night of Champions (after Ziggler goes through either Jericho or Punk at Summerslam). Best storyline that comes to mind is having the fans' respect for Dolph go to his head and having Ziggler's ego really get out of control before well-respected-yet-humble Christian returns. It's weak, but there isn't enough depth to either of these characters to make a better feud atm

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Thought it was posted many times (but not recently) with generic titles like "backstage newz on Christian".

Throw him at Dolph (seriously type Dolph's every time I type his name now) at Night of Champions (after Ziggler goes through either Jericho or Punk at Summerslam). Best storyline that comes to mind is having the fans' respect for Dolph go to his head and having Ziggler's ego really get out of control before well-respected-yet-humble Christian returns. It's weak, but there isn't enough depth to either of these characters to make a better feud atm

Giving a shot at WHC for CC is good for now. After Payback hope it won't be Swagger or Del Rio. If Orton turns, he needs to get heat a bit. I think CC and Ziggler should feud on WHC. That will improve Dolph's mic skilss+ there will be nice quality matches.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If they're going with face Christian they've got to try to make him interesting. He was wrestling great matches as usual last time but his character was boring, mostly because there was no character and he had no mic time, but still.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Nice to actually have some focus on Christian. Would you make him a heel, or a face? Who would you put him up against straight away?

Surprised no one made the Christian thread as this news has been going around for a couple of days now.
Always face. I love Christian and the peeps thing for me always works, i just want to see him stick it out like Jericho and put over young talent.

Ambrose. Now that Barret is stuck in his horrible feud still, id forget about wasting Christians time, and have him come back with the Shield using the "justice" angle on his deal with his peeps. Not a 3 man match, but his first show could end with him vs ambrose, and when the shield attacks, a handful of WWE backstage members would come out (sheamus orton kane and anyone effected by the shield all the way up to cena) with them pummeling the shield (not letting them run) to end the show. Sets up a lot of Christian mic time (which i like) and a ppv match.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Well now that he returned, I would like to see a Christian/Ambrose feud over the US title in order to put Ambrose over as a credible champion.
Plus, when was the last time that WWE booked a feud between 2 superstars over the US title?
I think this is a great chance to put some focus on a title that has almost zero prestige and value.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The last feud I remember for the US title was Ziggler / Ryder and even that was more hyped on YT than anything else. I've got to be missing something though.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The last feud I remember for the US title was Ziggler / Ryder and even that was more hyped on YT than anything else. I've got to be missing something though.

Since then we've had Swagger, Santino, Cesaro, Kofi, and Ambrose. Nope, no feuds there.