Wwe trying to forget Benoit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
People may say that its old news, that i should forget about Benoit, But I want to know what people think about Wwe's efforts to forget and eliminate benoit from the business.

In my opinion I think its bad why Wwe is forgeting the sure legend Benoit like he never even done anything for the business, cutting him out of DVD's, pull out Benoit Mechandise. I know what he done was wrong, but was he in a right state of mind? Your thoughts please.

MikeRaw

As I said in my thread i think its wrong.Sure he did that but i dont know you can not talk about him and not focus or ever reshow his matches but leave him in the damn ppvs and dvds because its part of history.And like I said it hurts the other guys who wrestled him when they cant have matches on dvds anymore to show off....

Reaction score
we should put it behind us. its done for a few weeks till the toxicology (sp) reports come back in. even then it will only be about a 2 or 3 day event. WWE is trying to forget it in the wrong way though? take out his 4/5 star (in my opinion) matches from the DVDs??? its just not right.

Reaction score
Dude, he killed his family lol. I personally believe it was Kevin Sullivan who murdered the family, but that's my own opinion. However, it's "official" that Benoit killed his family, therefore anything relating to him is bad publicity for the WWE. Regardless of controversy creates cash, not in this case. The WWE needs to do what is best for the business and that is forget Benoit. I disagree with their attempts to "erase" history, like with the WWF becoming WWE. That's just silly and a waste of time. But they can definately move forward.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I too believe it was Sullivan, But Wwe is going about "moving on" the wrong way, thats my opinion.

Reaction score
Well, explain. What are they doing that's so wrong? The show must go on...

Reaction score
and erase some of the best matches in history? erase one of the best wrestlers in history? i dont care what he did, you cant just erase his career.

Reaction score
It's for the good of the company man. The WWE wasn't centered around one man. If they acknowledge a supposed murderer, this tarnishes their company. Then what about the careers of the next generation? They won't have any...

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Your right the show must go on, totally agree. But the send off for Benoit was bad, I mean they can't discard Benoit like Trash, and now he probably won't be inducted into Hall of Fame.

King_Ash

Reaction score
I am forgetting about benoit so should you

Markz

Reaction score
They are going on as well as they can with all these roster problems, ECW is now a mess, SD! is going to have problems for the rest of the year and RAW is going to get repetitive. With all this happening, they have to erase all traces of Benoit...

They're doing all they can I guess.

Reaction score
This is out of control. There are 10000 threads like this that have been closed and talked about and talked about. The WWE was totally right in removing Benoit. They cannot honor a murderer, suspected or not. This will asll fizzle out. But they have done everything right, it really doesnt matter what good he did. Sure he may have been good in the ring, but all that ir irrelevant now. He has something that blemishes his whole life, and his whole career. And no I dont believe that he will make it to the hall of fame. Because getting into a hall of fame isnt based only on what you do in the ring or field or whatever. But as its been said, this has all been discussed MANY MANY MANY times before. We should all just drop it. The show must go on, so let it.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
They should delete everything that Benoit was apart of. He gave WWE such negative press, and now the steroid scandal is upon the WWE again. Not to mention he killed his wife and his 7 year old son! Chris Benoit is one big ass hole and needs to forgotten. It makes me sick when I see him in people's sigs and say shit like "see you in heaven" and that. He murdered two innocent people. WWE should have never given him a tribute show and should just eliminate him from all there history.

Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty. And so far they haven't proved a damn thing.

Nonetheless, the Benoit incident has brought the WWE nothing but negative press from the media, therefore they need to forget about him. And everybody else needs to forget about it too, until new details arise.