WWE to win an Emmy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
WWE Raw and Smackdown listed on the Emmy ballot
Jun 19, 2008 - 11:33 AM
WWE's Raw and Smackdown are listed on the Emmy ballot in "Outstanding Variety, Musical or Comedy Series," according to Dave Scherer of PWInsider.com. WrestleMania is also listed as "Outstanding Comedy, Variety or Musical Special."
source: http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1001839.shtml

It'd be weird if they won. I actually kinda hope that they do win, just to see what Vince's acceptance speech would be.

xtremebadass

Wow...TV must really suck now-a-days if WWE is being considered for an emmy.

JHar888

Reaction score
^ Lol, I agree. That's just...wrong.

I could so see Vince being all like "err errm...thank you people...err errm...err..."

If they win, I riot.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Oscar, dude. They won the Oscar. I would expect them to win a Grammy since it's an award for music.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Pretty sad when the outside world (non-wrestling fans) considers WWE to be a "Outstanding Variety, Musical or Comedy Series"

I didn't know the Fed was the High School Musical of the Sports Entertainment world.

MikeRaw

Pretty sad when the outside world (non-wrestling fans) considers WWE to be a "Outstanding Variety, Musical or Comedy Series"

I didn't know the Fed was the High School Musical of the Sports Entertainment world.

I didnt know that just because wwe, a product that we all watch, being nominated for an award, is subject to such embarassment... Really, all you fuckers tune in every week to watch it, so why not win an award... There not reall ymany variety shows out there anyways, so wwe has a chance of winning. They have everything really, sme good ideas, some bad, but really, they do have everything.

chessarmy

This is weird. A wrestling show is going to be nominated to win an emmy? Wouldn't that kill kayfabe? I mean, sure some people may think that its already dead because of the internet but still, I'm sure there are still little kids that think the shit is real.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
all you fuckers tune in every week to watch it

So, that's why Vince is giving away money to try and lure back fans? :confused:

On the bright side, if Wrestlemania/RAW/Smackdown wins an Emmy there will be positive mainstream coverage, hell just being nominated gives the Fed positive mainstream coverage.

And of all the lines and moments delivered on TV this year nothing was even half as emotional as HBK whispering "I'm sorry, I love you"! to Ric.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is would not have been surprising to me if this had have happened ten years ago during their last boom period, but now I imagine a lot of it has to do with the writers strike that happened this year.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I think Jim Johnson, WWE's resident Composer deserves some sort of Grammy. :yes:

MikeRaw

This is weird. A wrestling show is going to be nominated to win an emmy? Wouldn't that kill kayfabe? I mean, sure some people may think that its already dead because of the internet but still, I'm sure there are still little kids that think the shit is real.

Kayfabe is done dude. WWE is being marketed as a show now, not sports. Vince even did interviews up here before Raw, and wasnt kayfabe at all. Wrestlers go on talk shows and are never kayfabe. And thats also why all the wrestling documentary dvds arent kayfabe, and they talk about real life.
WWE is just like any other show, when you watch it, you forget about the "actors" and enjoy the characters and plot of the show, and when its over, you talk about the show, the wrestlers and the plots until the next show..
Noone in WWE nowadays pretends its real when they arent wrestling, they only do that during the show.