• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE To Hold Another Three Hour Raw Special in June

Heisenberg

The WWE Raw Supershow on Monday, June 11th, 2012 will be a 3-hour episode, airing from 8 to 11 PM. It's being held at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut. Tickets go on sale Friday, April 13th, 2012. Go to Home - Pro Wrestling Events for info about upcoming shows worldwide.

Awesome, I love three hour RAWs as well as the live SmackDowns. And so this means there is the three hour WWE Draft on April 23, normal three hour special on June 11th and three hour special of Raw's 1,000th Episode Celebration on July 23rd?

Troy

WWE are running plenty of three hour RAWs these days. They used to do one or two a year but it seems like they are doing a lot more now. I like the shows especially if they give it a theme to make it something other than just a normal RAW with an extra hour. This is the week before the No Way Out PPV so I would expect it to focus on that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Pretty much have came to accept what Dale said. You'd think with the extra time it would make them give a PPV feel to a 3 hour Raw but instead they seem to just get even lazier and say how much shit can we pack in one show rather than do something like use it as a chance to have a 25 minute T.V match. So just gonna keep my expectations low in case it sucks like the 3 hour Raw's usually have been.

Dale

Super Moderator
It's not like they go, Hey we've got an extra hour so lets extend the matches and give longer promos to build the feuds for the next PPV. All it ends up feeling like is, Urgh we've got an extra hour so lets see how many useless skits and 2 minute matches we can cram in to fill the time.

Rated R Superstar

3 hours gives them time to give us wicked promos though, I demand an hour long Punk/Jericho promo to just fill in that hour. :p

Troy

I agree that it would be nice if they gave us some longer matches on these shows, it is amazing how they manage to make the show feel rushed even when they have three hours to work with.

Defiant

I'm a little optimistic now that we're passed Wrestlemania season so at least the shows aren't completely fucking laden with promotions and shameless plugs. I'm looking forward to this one, but without any more details of the event there's not much to talk about.