WWE to do another Diva Search?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
PWInsider said:
We noted a few months back that WWE was holding an open casting for new women. I am told that there will be some auditions in major markets for what sounds like a new version of the Diva Search, which the company has been wanting to bring back for some time. The original casting back in October was looking for The breakdown stated that WWE was looking for "women aged 18-30 with charismatic personalities, beautiful faces and great bodies." No in-ring requirements were mentioned and a description for the position noted that WWE Divas "gain a huge fan base, travel the world and appear on television in 600 million homes worldwide."

:fp:

Don't want to see another one, but I can understand them wanting to hire more Diva's especially since Beth, Eve, Kelly, The Bella's have all left.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I was going to say I don't know why they insist on this, but I already know the answers to that - the gap in the Diva's division and a lack of ideas.

The NXT 'competition' aspect ran its course and was fun while it lasted, but while the women's season was a bit hard to watch at times, it was way more effective in displaying what they had (or didn't have) to offer all-round. I could quickly tell which ones could perform, who had personality, who wanted to be here, who needed work and who just didn't belong.

If WWE really want to find another Michelle McCool or Eve and not just someone with looks and charm, they need to go more in that direction again. Even so, I hope they host it on WWE.com, its just so out of place with everything else on the show and kind of embarressing to see them being paraded around in front of an audience that doesn't care.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This wasn't a ratings grabber in any of it's time on WWEtv, I don't want to see another one, because it is boring and offers nothing to WWE programming, if they wanted divas so badly, they have a nice crop in NXT. Why not just elevate a few of them and start giving in-ring generals like Nattie a major position to ensure these new divas actually have a match people would care about.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In this reality show age, they could do a lot by simply shopping a 30 minute diva search show where they love in a house ala Tough Enough. He should also get a former diva to host it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Terrible idea.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ehhhhhhhhhh, god I don't want to see this nonsense again.

The only thing that could save the Diva's division is a year long struggle over the Diva's Title between Beth Phoenix, Natalya and of course Awesome King. They already screwed that up and Kaitlyn is champion. What a great direction, let's continue down this path of garbage wrestling and eye-candy. That sure will show people that the division is full of actual competition.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If this is on the WWE netowrk, I'll be fine with it, if it's on Raw or Smackdown! big problem.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I thought WWE wanted to stay away from models? If they do another Diva search that's all they're going to get.

The Divas Search was always painful to watch (even though we got the likes of Layla and Eve out of it), it would really drag Raw down even more if it were to be brought back.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That's another thing I don't like about the Diva Search: They recruit women who a primarily models, who I'd imagine are maybe fans with possibly a marial arts or sports background. There are some who manage to work themselves and become more over time and recruiting from simpler backgrounds can be okay sometimes, but when you put about 10 newbies in a ring and atmosphere they've likely never been exposed to, in front of an audience that doesn't know, care about and or expect to be impressed by them (and likely whistling and cat calling at them), of course its going to be an akward disaster.

Its like being asked to pick between ten completely random people... People still in the larval stage of biological development. Choosing which of them have potential should probably be left to the experts.

But if it really is up to the audience, then why not at least make more of a spectacle out of it? SAIYANS' Reality Show idea is interesting. It would give the viewer a deeper look at their personality, perhaps decide for themselves who seems more dedicated and likeable. Hell of a lot more likely to draw viewers than just sticking it on Raw, too.

Hit the post button again instead of Edit, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Personally, I think hiring these models for the most part just isn't beneficial for the amount of time that the WWE invests in them and someone like Kelly Kelly is a prime example of why. For years she was truly horrible but the WWE spent all that time to improve her, (she was still woeful when she left) gave her the Diva's title and started to make her the face of the division then at the drop of the hat she leaves them after getting a little recognition in Maxim. Bella Twins, Maryse, Eve and McCool all to some extent were the same and you could even put Candice, Maria & Ashley in there too but at least the WWE got the Playboy stuff out of them. There'll be countless other ex-Divas too who you could mention but I just can't be bothered to look them up.

I just don't understand why they don't look to the indies for the girls. I'm sure there's plenty who they could hire who are good looking enough but ultimately are better wrestlers and actually want to be wrestlers and stick it out for the duration and not bolt at the first deal outside of Wrestling that gets dangled infront of them.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm guessing cause it's all about the looks and body over wrestling ability.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Is Kelly really a prime example? They plucked her fresh from high school and threw her on tv over developmental. She essentially stuck around as long as anyone could expect for someone so young. She's wwe youngest female signing ever. They got 6 years, constant travel, and made money off her stripping and put her face all over the division ... She's even young and healthy enough to return if she ever chose to

I mean there is no guarantee Indy girls will stick with it. Case and point the last 2 Indy girls have fucked the, over in a much shorter time than any of the diva search contestants have. There was Kong who took a years worth of free checks and basically used their cash to fund her pregnancy and extended vacation. There was the last girl, who they signed months ago from the indies who entered rehab on their dime shortly after and asked to be related. Even Vickie and Eddies daughter took their pay and training, and said I'm out after they featured her in few and NXT because PF family name.

Say what you want about Mccool but she gave them years, injuries, worked constant matches and the like. She just left to be a mother after aging, but they miled the hell out of LayCool. Melina gave them years. The Bella's were their top ambassadors for years, and they fulfilled the most wishes of any divas which is good PR. Layla has given them years and was successful, she just missed a bunch of time after getting hurt.

at the end of the day, we know why they go the model/fitness route over Indy girls ... Trish ... She was the standard of diva, what they want to replicate, and made the division more important than any woman wrestler ever did before or after her, and they want another diva who has that look, that personality, that youth, and that willingness to improve which they feel the I dy crop lacks. And strangely enough, short of Rosita there is no one who can really fit that bill

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, i've heard of worse ideas. They need new girls because their roster is razor-thin. But they've got a pair of young, hot, awesome wrestlers in NXT, and they're probably only getting better under SDR's training. They should just bring them up, first off. Hiring a 19-20 year old that they can mold into what they want isn't the worst idea for what they've managed the division to be. (IE: Irrelevant.) As far as it being on Raw/SD, it could be worse. Think of it this way, it could come down to these diva search segments or more Miz TV. Anything that gets rid of that drivel is a fantastic thing.

Like the reality show idea too.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I reckon they could take just about any indy girl and make them look hotter anyway. Chicks like AJ and Mickie did nothing for me before WWE gave them a gimmick, thus an image to make them sexier. Paige may just be the next big erection popper once she gets prettied up for center stage on RAW.