WWE to Change PPV Broadcast Team?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Taker

Reaction score
Who will win the WHC at Wrestlemania?

I think that Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania to go onto 15-0 at Wrestlemania and be the New World Heavyweight Championship.

Truth

Reaction score
Wow what a thread...anyway Monkeystyle or Rated R close this. Ima make a thread on Wrestlemania 23, so you dont have to make threads like this.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I think that Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania to go onto 15-0 at Wrestlemania and be the New World Heavyweight Championship.

I think you are obsessed with the Undertaker and need to bring up some better discussions before you get arrested for stalking.

oneofakind

Reaction score
If Batista wins that will be stupid. Undertaker should not lose his streak to someone such as Batista

xtremebadass

Batista has no main event potential anymore, so this is Undertaker's year, maybe his last though

MJ807

Reaction score
Undertaker will win it but I think he will only hold it for a ppv or two.

Soulpower

I'm going with Taker, I've said it before and I'll say it again... Batista has looked different since coming back from injury, and by different I mean he looks worse. He looks sloppy in the ring and is a couple of matches away from swriously injuring someone.

Batista shows no passion for the business, and someone like that doesn't deserve to end Taker's undefeated streak.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Source: PWInsider
WWE officials have discussed modifying the announce team for pay-per-view events, which could begin as soon as TLC.

Internally, Todd Grisham is not getting high marks for his work, which is why Michael Cole was moved to SmackDown!. Meanwhile, both Cole and Jerry Lawler reportedly dislike working with Matt Striker. Cole took off his headset during the Survivor Series broadcast to yell at Striker for talking too much.

Punk may end up with the spot for pay-per-view events, but the team would therefore solely consist of RAW announcers and the company doesn't want SmackDown! to come off as a secondary brand.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
It's said to be no secret that Jim Ross wants to return to the announce booth. His appearance on RAW two weeks ago resulted in overwhelming sentiment that he should return, but his fate lies in the hands of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, who prefer youth—though Jerry Lawler is three years older than Ross.

Furthermore, Lawler and Cole have pushed for Ross to replace Matt Striker as the third man for pay-per-view broadcasts, whom they both dislike. McMahon, however, feels the pay-per-view broadcast team should be limited to those who work television.

One can only hope.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
How the fuck Cole gonna get mad at Striker for talking to much when he does the most talking and 70% has shit to do with the match some of the time. I really hope Punk ends up on the PPV announcing squad would be great.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cole talks because Vince tells him to. Striker just never shuts up and asks too many questions without letting a match tell the story itself at times like JR/King/Cole/Tazz knew how to do.

I'd love to have JR back, or at at least have Todd added and make it a 4 man booth as he is the only one that can ever cut Striker's talking down.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I know why Cole does it but it is annoying as fuck when he spends half the time burying stuff.

Baller

Reaction score
Cole burying > Striker. Strike needs to GTFO so we can get some Punk or Good Ol' J.R.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
pwpix:

During an interview with Monday Night Mayhem, Jim Ross was asked whether he would consider return to WWE on a full-time basis if Vince McMahon approached him. His response:

"Of course. I'm open to doing anything for the company that has employed me since 1993 wants me to do. I get e-mails almost everyday from people wondering if I even have a job or why did we take myself off the air, or why are refusing to go back on TV. Things are so misguided, and they're so inaccurate. I am very happily employed by WWE. I'm very pleased to be with the company since '93, and obviously if I'm 'out in the bullpen,' and they need me to come in and play, I'll be more than happy to come out of the bullpen and go work. And if there's another area that the company needs for me to help in, I'll be more than willing to do that."

Bring the man out the damn bullpen for Mania at least