• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE to Air Chris Benoit Footage on the WWE Network with Advisory Note

Embrace Thou Maryse

Comparing Benoit to Columbus or Hitler is silly, what they did impacted the world greatly. Hitlers evils were monstrous. Benoit was just some roided up scumbag who pretended to beat people up then went home and killed his family. Columbus explored the world, Hitlers evil impacted the world, Benoit was nothing, just another child murdering scumbag..

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

I wonder how much longer this thread will stay open....

Despite what you think of the guy good or bad, the most important thing is that continuity is being upheld. Orton can call himself the youngest champion in history again, we can watch Triple H get his quads tore up again, we can watch some of Eddie's early days in WWE. This is what we should all be celebrating as wrestling fans, I still believe his solo promos and the like will still be edited out, but in cases where The Horsemen or the Radicalz are part of a larger story we are not going to miss out on everyone elses history.

Chris

Dreams are Endless

Despite what you think of the guy good or bad, the most important thing is that continuity is being upheld. Orton can call himself the youngest champion in history again, we can watch Triple H get his quads tore up again, we can watch some of Eddie's early days in WWE. This is what we should all be celebrating as wrestling fans, I still believe his solo promos and the like will still be edited out, but in cases where The Horsemen or the Radicalz are part of a larger story we are not going to miss out on everyone elses history.

And honestly, who's gonna' miss those promos :adr:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
TBF they've had Benoit on DVD's for about a year now, i'm just wondering are they gonna say his name?

punk13

Out of all the reasons what made you decide not to watch it is because they'll show a match every now and then with Benoit in it? You know so they can actually show Orton becoming the youngest world champion or any of the Rumble matches Benoitwas in if they ever wanted to do a history of those.
Sorry!

i'm not so much of a mark to think German suplexes are more important than the murder of a innocent kid.

John McHenry

John McHenry

Last Benoit thread never had to get closed and I started that one being a dick hoping to prove a point.

For years it was rumored somewhat believed that Macho man and Steph had a thing. Don't recall anyone boycotting him.

Micheal Jackson assumed pedo didn't prevent his or the beatles music (which he owned and collected money for being sold) from making money.

And no OJ was never proven guilty.

But neither was Chris Benoit. I know what your thinking but it doesn't matter because in court we may have got some huge argument about how the dumbell was simply to large for benoit to lift and therefore he couldn't have done it. Some cop might have mislabeled crucial evidence. It doesn't matter the "wasn't proven guilty" argument is bullshit way to justify still enjoying someones work even if you think they were guilty.

I think he did it. I think I'll still be able to watch a match and be entertained too.

Slim

People get all up in arms and why? Because someone is going to be shown on their tv screen that did bad things? Really?

They aren't celebrating the guy. They aren't promoting the guy. They aren't having a Chris Benoit wrestling special with all Chris Benoit all the time. They are simply stating that there will be matches shown where he will be present in it. Of course I won't have the Network cause it'll be overpriced and I'm not looking to waste money on something like that. But to say you're not going to purchase a network because they will have him on there... that is borderline idiotic. He is a part of history. A pretty big part of history with some good matches.

Not saying enjoy the matches or anything like that. But folks need to pull their panties out of their asses.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
To keep this simple I can admire someones talent without liking the person or in this case condoning one of their actions. There are many examples throughout history of this, but comparing Benoit to Hitler is a little dumb for the reason there wasn't nothing to admire about Hitler.

I think WWE are making the right decesion for the reasons mentioned, but I respect anyone who disagrees and does not order the Network because of it.

Embrace Thou Maryse

To keep this simple I can admire someones talent without liking the person or in this case condoning one of their actions. There are many examples throughout history of this, but comparing Benoit to Hitler is a little dumb for the reason there wasn't nothing to admire about Hitler.

I think WWE are making the right decesion for the reasons mentioned, but I respect anyone who disagrees and does not order the Network because of it.

Hitler actually did alot of good in his time, but thats a tale for another time.

Heisenberg

I don't mind this at all and agree with it. What he done was bad, yes, but they shouldn't just disregard his whole career and what he achieved as a wrestler, which is what I knew him as, and in the process leave out some big moments in WWE history. This also saves WWE time from having to muck around with the footage.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

There's no room for a murderer anywhere in society! He lost his right as a wrestler, he lost his right to be respected as a human being the moment he killed his family.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

There's no room for a murderer anywhere in society! He lost his right as a wrestler, he lost his right to be respected as a human being the moment he killed his family.

Of course there is. They are needed to protect our streets, and our countries. Cops and Soldiers are murderers that not only have a place in society, but a place of power in society. Nice try though!

Fluttershy

Of course there is. They are needed to protect our streets, and our countries. Cops and Soldiers are murderers that not only have a place in society, but a place of power in society. Nice try though!

A soldier killing a civilian is murder, but not a soldier killing a soldier. 'Murder' is a crime in a legal sense, if a soldier kills an enemy and within the boundaries of law then it is not murder.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

First off, soldiers kill their own allies, prisoners of war, civilians, etc., as well as rape, and theft. This is not some new trend either, and invaders throughout history have been known to kill off the males, and rape the females. Now it just happens that more often then not the rape is of a fellow soldier. Is that within the boundaries of the law?

Fluttershy

First off, soldiers kill their own allies, prisoners of war, civilians, etc., as well as rape, and theft. This is not some new trend either, and invaders throughout history have been known to kill off the males, and rape the females. Now it just happens that more often then not the rape is of a fellow soldier. Is that within the boundaries of the law?
You will of course get some men not fit to be soldiers who manage to slip through the net and join the military. Its people like these who will end up butchering and torturing innocent civilians and obviously this is unlawful and would be classed as murderers. But you can also get soldiers who follow orders without question. They are trained to fight a hostile enemy that wants to kill them and to defend the public against an enemy trained to destroy them and their livelihood.