• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE: Time to Panic???

Montana

Do you think the wwe is in cruise control? Are they happy with where they are at with their product and financially? is it time to go on a spending spree? Will the death of Beniot impact the product. Who really should be in charge? Too Much Politics? I see a few things worth pointing out, so i figured i would make a thread. ( I was bored)

Red Flags

- ECW

Beniots death certainly changed the look of the New Breed part II of ECW. Should ECW be considered a major Brand or will it be third wheel. Johnny Nitro was not ready for the ECW championship, but no one realized it before it was too late. Im not saying he's not worthy, its just that he wasnt ready. ECW needs some help in the talent division. They got the shaft in the draft, and the ratings show that. Does the wwe step up, and make ECW a bigger stronger product?

- Bobby Lashley

Great Guy, but hes not over. Matt Hardy...He's over. Jeff Hardy...He's over. They've been in the wwe for like 10 years now, and they push Bobby Lashley to superstardom? I still dont get it. He complains about how bad SD was using him they give the ECW Championship, and a superman push. When Carlito does it, He jobs for 3 months.

- New Talent

I know the wwe has their stars for the future ( Kennedy, Punk, Cabana, Rhodes, MVP) But look at all the talent they have brought in, and is in OVW. Most all of the new tag teams they've brought arent that good at all. I've just saying their lots of talent the wwe missed the ball on. The talent in OVW is not strong at all. Anyone under 200 lbs, is going to get screwed over.

- Whos the Boss

Apparently everyone is afraid to disagree with Vince or stephanie these days. To me, thats a problem. No one is right all the time. The wwe is running fine for now, but getting rid of Heyman, and Bischoff was a bad move imo. The creative staff sucks, in my opinion. I understand the wwe is starting its 20 year cycle over, BUT i feel like i've seen it all before. the old tricks only work so many times.

Steroids a problem / No cruiser weight divison

The wwe most likely will continue to run, with their heavyweights, and spend 2 % of their programming time with cruiserweights. Red Flag? Probably not. The wwe has been sucessful w/o cruisers.

The Grand Finale: The fans (IWC fans)

Should the wwe just go all out??? Since wcw left, the wwe has been on cruise control. The WWE was very stacked in 02, and simply ran off of that. But it appears the gas is running out. Seeing the same PPV matchups time and time again. Less big stipulation and Gimmick matches. It makes me wonder why doesnt teh wwe try harder to put out a better product. What if the wwe just said Fuck it. Lets go all out. Lets Bring Back, Brock Lesnar, Jericho and RVD. Open up the wallet and go on a shopping Spree. Hell, lets steal Somoa Joe from TNA because we can pay him 1 million dollars a year. John Cena as champ? no more, thats stale. Lets see Randy Orton with the belt. Matt Hardy, He deserves the main event spotlight. Lets have him win the Royal Rumble in 08. There is a lot of things i notice the wwe can do to improve, its just it seems they dont care. The Champion really doesnt matter all that much, i was just giving examples. So is it time to panic?

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
to say that Laishley isnt over just isnt that smart. he may not be as over as Cena, Taker, or Batista, but he always gets one of the most solid pops every week.

Montana

First off, sorry about the rant...i was just bored. Basically just bitching to be honest.

Secondly Bobby Lashley is NOT over in my opinion! IF the wwe builds the show around you in a tag match. The fans are cheering for Jeff Hardy THE WHOLE MATCH, theres a problem. They gave their all to make Lashley a fan favorite, and he does get a positive reaction, its no where near it should be.

The Rated R CMStar

Here are some of my opinions on the same and other points:

ECW
ECW start coming down from the moment Big Show and Paul Heyman left. Some time ago in started looking promising in the presence of Punk, Burke, Cor Von as it was obvious they were being built, but now it is only Nitro, Punk and that stupid Miz getting crushes by Extreme Expose.

Smackdown

We all know Smackdown from a time now had been the place where stars got built(Lashley,Kennedy,Nitro), but they had always manage to put in serious storylines and matches. But with the draft WWE screw Smackdown, making it more than obvious that they see SD like the ultimate OVW.

Media and Statements

WWE is in a critical point right here. Press is all over them for this Benoit incident, and what do they do, they send to Nancy Grace and Marc Mero Finlay, with the incorrect attitude of answering every question. And how about Kennedy's blog? That is just the wrong way to handle things right now.

Lashley

I agree with Montana. He is not over. He may receive cheers, but is really hard not to get them when you are feuding Mr. Mcmahon or the Big Show.

Doghouses
Well, they are coming back to bite WWE's ass. A few years ago, putting Matt Hardy, Kane and others in the dog house wasn't a big deal, because hey, we have HHH,HBK,Angle,Brock,Goldberg,Big Show,The Rock, etc... But it is in moments like this that you regret it. Kane has been jobbing for 2 years and now he is in a title match, where is the credibility? What will happen in a few years when this same thing happens again and Jeff Hardy or Carlito are needed in main event.

God damn, spend some money

Tell me something Vince, who is your competition? TNA is not on your same level(yet) and ROH is not that big(yet) so why don't just go monopoly on their asses. Jericho is all over the place saying he is returning. What is WWE waiting? RVD just wanted some more money and a break. A good analyst would have said: "Hey, I little raise and 4 months of a breake compared to keeping the most over wrestler in WWE..." and Brock Lesnar, if a bunch of japonese ,man can convince him to fight Kurt Angle, it means his return has a price, just pay him WWE,you have the resources, if you are able to pay 6 digits a year to Kennedy and Lashley and 7 to Cena, what is the deal to pay 6 to Jericho and 7 to Lesnar.

Reaction score
i agree with pretty much everything you said.

You raised some interesting isses there and I agree WWE need to shape up and go back to the way it was back in 2002/03/04/05 because 2006/07 have not been the best in the world

i was watching Smackdown in 03/04 (didnt watch Raw b/c i didnt have cable), then i took a break from wrestling. i came back to it in late 06 and found it pretty stale. Brock was gone, Angle had left about 4 weeks after i started watching again, Benoit was jobbing, Cena was still champ on Raw and feuding with Edge. it just wasnt that great.

the dark knight

before i comment, great thread. and an example of why people get pissed some threads getting closed lol.

people create similar threads, about cena or about "what to do to help the wwe" and they always get closed. as for this, it wont ;) lol.

- ECW

Beniots death certainly changed the look of the New Breed part II of ECW. Should ECW be considered a major Brand or will it be third wheel. Johnny Nitro was not ready for the ECW championship, but no one realized it before it was too late. Im not saying he's not worthy, its just that he wasnt ready. ECW needs some help in the talent division. They got the shaft in the draft, and the ratings show that. Does the wwe step up, and make ECW a bigger stronger product?

why not make it a 3rd wheel with bigger names? and why should it still be ECW? its not even extreme anymore!!! i say, rename the son of a bitch, put some bigger names in it, and keep it 1 hour with more exciting promos than the "divas loves miz" shit we saw last tine.
- Bobby Lashley

Great Guy, but hes not over. Matt Hardy...He's over. Jeff Hardy...He's over. They've been in the wwe for like 10 years now, and they push Bobby Lashley to superstardom? I still dont get it. He complains about how bad SD was using him they give the ECW Championship, and a superman push. When Carlito does it, He jobs for 3 months.

this is the only thing that you say and piss me off "over". what does it mean? does it mean how much is he cheered? if it does, its meaningless. im sick of hearing " cena's over, cena draws" BULLSHIT! who gives a rat's ass? we are supposed to judge the superstars based on how good they are, not how much the 12 year olds love him. lashley is one of the most worthless superstars in history. he doesnt talk, he cant be invloved in a gimmick match, being superman pisses me off and he looks like a piece of shit. as for his wrestling, its not so bad, he has improved since vengeance. but still, thats now the WHC is about. he must talk, until he does, he's no where near the ME.

- New Talent

I know the wwe has their stars for the future ( Kennedy, Punk, Cabana, Rhodes, MVP) But look at all the talent they have brought in, and is in OVW. Most all of the new tag teams they've brought arent that good at all. I've just saying their lots of talent the wwe missed the ball on. The talent in OVW is not strong at all. Anyone under 200 lbs, is going to get screwed over.

well, thats why i get pissed when i remember watching mysterio a WHC. to be a world champion to me is to have the ability to talk trash and make it look good, can put over a good exciting wrestling match and, TO LOOK LIKE A GUY WHO CAN BEAT UP THE OTHER GUYS! thats why i say that the new generation wrestlers suck! none of them meet the above, the last 2 that can fit as champs are edge and orton, kennedy still needs some time.

- Whos the Boss

Apparently everyone is afraid to disagree with Vince or stephanie these days. To me, thats a problem. No one is right all the time. The wwe is running fine for now, but getting rid of Heyman, and Bischoff was a bad move imo. The creative staff sucks, in my opinion. I understand the wwe is starting its 20 year cycle over, BUT i feel like i've seen it all before. the old tricks only work so many times.

steph is firing everyone, yea that sucks. but people are over reacting about it. anyway, i agree. heyman and bischoff should be back tomorrow. the new writers give me this feeling that they're emo. when was the last time we've seen a good feud? hbk/triple? like i said b4, what we get now is gotballs-babyface vs coward-evil matches without stories at all. even the new theme songs for the PPVs and shows, EMO!
-Steroids a problem / No cruiser weight divison

The wwe most likely will continue to run, with their heavyweights, and spend 2 % of their programming time with cruiserweights. Red Flag? Probably not. The wwe has been sucessful w/o cruisers.

i never really was a fan of cruiser weights, but its just a title to fill more space on smackdown. again, WE WANT STORY LINES AND SOLID feuds.

The Grand Finale: The fans (IWC fans)

Should the wwe just go all out??? Since wcw left, the wwe has been on cruise control. The WWE was very stacked in 02, and simply ran off of that. But it appears the gas is running out. Seeing the same PPV matchups time and time again. Less big stipulation and Gimmick matches. It makes me wonder why doesnt teh wwe try harder to put out a better product. What if the wwe just said Fuck it. Lets go all out. Lets Bring Back, Brock Lesnar, Jericho and RVD. Open up the wallet and go on a shopping Spree. Hell, lets steal Somoa Joe from TNA because we can pay him 1 million dollars a year. John Cena as champ? no more, thats stale. Lets see Randy Orton with the belt. Matt Hardy, He deserves the main event spotlight. Lets have him win the Royal Rumble in 08. There is a lot of things i notice the wwe can do to improve, its just it seems they dont care. The Champion really doesnt matter all that much, i was just giving examples. So is it time to panic?

i agree with pretty much everything you said there. im sick of watching headlocks take more time in the ppvs than everything else, what happened to hardcore, cage, ladder, HIAC, tables and iron man matches? every damn match is a singles match now. the ppv matches are not more than the matches we watch on raw or smackdown. but really, bottom line, take off your clothers vince, sell them and sell everything else you got to get back good ol' talent back.

very good post montana :)

circle

Reaction score
I would say with the Steroids and Benoit's death it is time for the WWE to panic b/c of all the bad media attention they are getting from the loss of Benoit and the Steroids/Drug policy.

As far as the product is concerned...

I'm satisfied with what I'm getting with WWE. I def want must see wrestling, but for now this is fine. I still think they should pull the plug on ECW and make Raw and Smackdown 2.5-3 hours long so they can showcase all the talent, but also I really want a lighter schedule for the WWE wrestlers so they aren't so burned out.

MikeRaw

First off great post.I dont agree with everything you said but you put in some effort to make the post so Ill make a good reply back.
Things I did agree with:
ECW-Definately needs work but I dont think they will.The reason they wont is they think of it as a development place for superstars to be made.However it could get some more reinforcements...
Whose the boss-I totally agree.Someone needs to voice their opinion.That doesnt always mean disagree either.They can agree,suggest or disagree when needed.But someone has to do it...
New Talent-I agree,we need a stronger group of people coming up
Cruiserweights-Like yoy said,not a huge issue but hey,they can have some more time to get some action.I think some cruiserweight could be made into stars if given a chance

I didnt agree:
Lashley-It just depends on the crowd.Some make him way over and some boo him out of the building.Either way he gets an effective reaction.
Steroids-Meh...They are all part of it.And lets face it,the heavyweights continue to perform good.By heavyweights I mean (Batista,Masters,Cena and others)

And this on e I am mixed:
The finale-Well I think...Yes they should go out and make the fans happy by pushing deserving guys.Also make changes where needed to get the best product.However I dont want old guys brought in for the sake of it.Also we dotn want too many main eventers or they will all become all happy with not winning a title because there wont be enough room for them to.I want Jericho back tho:p

All in all good post.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I agreed with everything you said. You made good points everywhere. Especailly the point with WWE going on a shppoin spree t oget back some of their big stars.

Scatman8

Reaction score
The other day I started to play Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain( 03/04ish) for the PS2. I noticed at that time the roster was stacked and I remembered the WWE being so entertaining. I miss the old days quite honestly. Don't get me wrong I am still a huge fan, but the WWE is just not as entertaining anymore. I am looking forward to HHH's return because he always keeps me entertained for some reason, but i just hope the WWE picks up a little because obviously I am not the only one that is worried about the staleness. I would like to see Jericho back as well.

Beer Money Army

i agree with Most of what you said.

Since Johnny Nitro came to ECW.. What has happened to Elijah Burke and Monty Brown (marcus) Push.. Those 2 were repackaging ECW really good as Heels.. CM Punk and Dreamer was doing a Good Job...

now was Get Miz and Big Daddy V n Boogeyman... 3 wrestlers i could care less on.

tyhe extreme Expose.. yeah the chicks are hot but it's boring as hell.. it's not like Im never going see an hot chick again.. So why do we need it on ECW....

WWE should learn from WCW nitro girls.. it was average but gets annoying because you watch wrestling to see wrestling....

I think Nitro as ECW champion is way way way too soon... A Man that hardly been used on raw and only won 2 singles matches on Raw in 2007 agaisnt super crazy and eugene doesn't make the title look good.. That i'm not saying Super Crazy is a bad wrestler i have always enjoyed him.. he should be on ECW rather than Jobbing on RAW.

A problems with some ECW wrestlers they Have no direction or the direction they have is Jobbing..

Balls Mahoney -- I can't remmeber the last time he won

Kevin thorn - Decent wrestler not the greatest.. but he seems like he's going no where but in the same position.

Nunzio - read balls comment

stevie richards - his match with pounk last week would of been there greatest match ever it was 3.5 stars but an good match wish it went longer....

Tommy dreamer - He's the #2 face at the moment and has the direction if Nitro retains i reckon Him/nitro would have a good feud. but i reckon put him in a feud with bruke or Marcus for the time being to establish these ones much better.

Matt striker - This dude hasn't won a match since May 2007.. but it looks like Him/BDV are feuding with Boogeyman that hasn't interested me that much at all.... I wisdh they didnt re-sign boogeyman.

-----------------------------

Johnny nitro as ecw world champion to me is a bad move for the moment Maybe in late 2008 or 2009 be good but it's too soon....

a good Choice would of Been CM Punk or Tommy Dreamer..... or someone from another Brand that Hasn't been as Much just to carry the brand since the loss of benoit.. Like Kane or Finlay or even Carlito or Matt hardy for the time to Give nitro, Punk, Burke, Marcus to become More established wrestlers... That i already Know CM Punk is very well established.....

But thats my 2 cents thrown into this

Reaction score
totally agree with everything you said. WWE is basically on cruise control right now. I mean, Cena's been champ for like 10 monthes and its just getting stale IMO. Their arent any interesting storylines either, I just think WWE doesnt care because they have nothing to lose. They are making the money, they are getting ratings and they arent even putting forth effort. What they need is competition and in a few years...maybe like 5 years or so, TNA will eventually get as big as WWE and then a whole new "Monday Night Wars" will start! Lets not forget about ROH as well, in 5 years they might even challenge WWE. I just think the company has nothing to lose and its going to be a stale product until they get competition. So watch ROH and TNA! lol

The Rated R CMStar

I think TNA and ROH will get as big, but it wouldn't be wise to challenge WWE, WCW, who was stacked with great names failed. People still after 5 years see TNA and don't know who the hell are their wrestlers. And tell anything, but when you go global, you must have a little soup-opera, so ROH will have to develop one.

Great One

All of you said should happen, but almost none of it well. Yes, the WWE is in trouble, but mindless wrestling fans overlook it because they jump on the band wagon of the 'smarter' wrestling fans. The WWE has done absolutely NOTHING for the past 2 years that will help them later on. They've built and established 2 guys, yes 2 guys, who will carry them so far, and are trying to establish a big 3rd who in my opinion, is not ready for the push he's getting and will not get over.

But, the WWE HAS talent, and a lot of it, it just isn't get utilized or pushed or recognized by the general fan base because they aren't shoved down our throats as much as others, which is bad. I think the lack of power backstage is a big role and some people (maybe other wrestlers with influence) need to step up and give their word for the better of the business. Although, this is merely speculation, since I really don't know what goes on backstage and who's really behind the obvious watered down product which the WWE has been from late 2005-2007, IMO, was a big change, because the 'new generation' was carrying the company for the most part.

I think Triple H returning will only give them only a little more time to stall, it will give it a jump start boost, then it will just fall again because it's hard for one man to carry such a big company when the booking/creative team is absolute shit with no Heyman/Bischoff/etc. Go backstage power (another thing misconceived)...

I don't know what the WWE plans to do now, but they seriously need to change the direction and simply get their head out of their asses. =p

I guess I ranted a bit too.