• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE The Bash 2009 Discussion

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes, they were tri-branded, and Edge & Jericho were in the match because the champions were Smackdown superstars.

chessarmy

^ (to RKO Legacy) huh? The champions were The Colons, they're on RAW

Anyway, the PPV was decent. Match of the night was definitely Jericho/Mysterio, the finish was clever although something in me just wanted to see Rey get unmasked lol. Still, a very good 4 star match that I thoroughly enjoyed. The rest of the show was kind of meh to be honest, the 3 Stages of Hell was a big disappointment, I was expecting this big epic match and instead the first two falls happened in 2 minutes. I thought the card looked alright on paper, but things didn't exactly pan out the way I wanted them to. Still, we got some good matches, and I think seeing Jericho and Edge win the Tag belts was pretty awesome. It was a good PPV, but it could have been better.

I enjoyed Slammiversary more

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
GOD DAMNIT MICHAEL COLE!

That fucker said that Edge & Jericho were able to be put in the match because of the champions being SmackDown superstars! Why not Cole instead of Billy Mays!? WHY!?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Highlights:

Kane returning and beating the shit out of Khali with a chair with a Dolph Ziggler win.

Michelle McCool making history.

Rey Mysterio Vs. Chris Jericho was the shit.

Awesome ECW Scramble Match, especially with Tommy Dreamer retention.

Downfalls:

John Cena squashing The Miz. What's worse is that you saw it coming a mile away the second the match started.

Every other PPV we get an Edge Swerve. When you could of added Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme or virtually any other...well....tag team into the match. Also, dropping the ball on yet another chance at an E & C reunion. If they were gonna do the swerve anyway, do it Edge & Christian instead of just Edge & Chris.

Ted Dibiase confrontation with Orton leads to basically nothing as he goes right back to being Ortons lackey. Once again dropping the ball.

WWE can't make up their mind whether they want CM Punk to be acting heelish or acting face. It can't be this hard to do a heel turn.

Randy Orton Vs. Triple H was so horrible, so utterly utterly horrible, that I will contradict myself and let you guys know I was begging for and Edge swerve at this point. It was that bad to me, that I would actually prefer TWO Edge swerves in one night rather than have to witness that fail again. I was begging for the match to end the entire time.

Overall, some good bright spots in this PPV which prevent me from calling it the worst Pay Per View of the year. But there's enough crap in this show to make me happy I never pay to watch it. I don't pay 40 bucks to be disappointed, and until WWE starts shaping up I'll continue that trend.

The Rated R CMStar

Every other PPV we get an Edge Swerve. When you could of added Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme or virtually any other...well....tag team into the match. Also, dropping the ball on yet another chance at an E & C reunion. If they were gonna do the swerve anyway, do it Edge & Christian instead of just Edge & Chris.

Why would Christian and Edge team? Edge and Jericho teaming make sense since both demanded to be in the PPV wrestling.

WWE can't make up their mind whether they want CM Punk to be acting heelish or acting face. It can't be this hard to do a heel turn.

Eh, that's exactly the charm of the angle, that CM Punk acts both as a heel and a face.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Why would Christian and Edge team? Edge and Jericho teaming make sense since both demanded to be in the PPV wrestling.

But didn't Jericho already do a massively tiring match previous to this? And come off on the losing end of it too? So he was already wrestling on the PPV.

From a heels teaming up standpoint, it makes sense. But we all know that the only way this is going to be able to end is another "two upper mid card/main event faces team up to beat the heel super team and then have animosity towards one another and lose to some much lower heel tag team" We've seen this storyline before. Except this time, Edge and Jericho dont have any tag teams worth defending against.

Eh, that's exactly the charm of the angle, that CM Punk acts both as a heel and a face.

Fair enough, but its confusing the shit out of the fans, and I myself was totally lost during the ending moments of this match.

The Rated R CMStar

But didn't Jericho already do a massively tiring match previous to this? And come off on the losing end of it too? So he was already wrestling on the PPV

Yeah, but Chris Jericho demanded a rematch on the very same night, and said he would be waiting for Long to call him for another title match.

Fair enough, but its confusing the shit out of the fans, and I myself was totally lost during the ending moments of this match.

Like I said, confusion is exactly what WWE is looking for with CM Punk right now. But to be fair, he's far more heel than he's face.

chessarmy

^ I hate the CM Punk situation right now, you're either a face or a heel, they should have just turned him on Smackdown! but instead he cuts babyface promos and cheats his way to victories. Its stupid.

^ How is it stupid?! They've confused all the fans on what they're gonna be doing with him because one minute he is acting like he used to, acting like a good guy and then later on hes being an asshole so you don't know if hes just gonna turn at any moment and beat the shit outta hardy or not.

The PPV was great results-wise, we actually had all three World titles stay with the Champ that went into the PPV with them, even though Punk won by DQ and Orton won with help from Priceless, its just good to not see a major title change at every single PPV. Nice to see Dolph go over, wish I could say the same for the Miz, we all knew Cena was going to win, we should just be happy they actually put someone at the Miz' level in a match on PPV with Cena. Mysterio winning isn't a bad thing, it would be weird seeing him without his mask and it led to Jericho and Edge winning the tag titles which will lead to many great things. While not every match was awesome the results were good and some of the in-ring action was good too.

Only bad thing about the PPV was McCool winning the title off Melina, but thats nothing too serious, its only womens wrestling :shifty: Seriously though, Fuck Michelle McCool and fuck Taker for most likely getting her that belt.

Airfixx

^^^^@ Chess': When the hell did Punk "cheat"?

...And as for the Punk storyline , I don't undertsand why peeps think the crowd are confused... They seem quite clear and decisive when chanting "Hardy" at the top of their lungs.

Yet again, as soon as WWE think outside of the box of the traditional 'heel attacks face, they fued, face get's redemption' blueprint, many of those who complain about WWE usually being too childish start slating it for being confusing....

No, offense but i'd start worrying about my intellect at this point.

SO, to The Bash....

Very patchy PPV IMO...

ECW Scramble was pretty good (as indeed it was last year), but I think that stip is a bit too wacky for an opener. Can't help but get behind Dreamer tho'... He's having a ball out there right now!
Jericho/Mysterio: MOTN. Thought it kicked ass the way they had the extremely vocal smark contingent of the crowd in the palm of their hands by the end of the match.
Ziggler/Khali: Meh... Considering Ziggler was already 'on a mission' with the chair, did we really need Kane to come down just to set up a fued which prob won't even make it off of free TV. Ziggler already had 2 cheap victories over Khali - He's no better off than he was already. FAIL.
Tag Title Match: The match itself had it's moments (particularly E & J repeatedly being tagged out. LOL) and gave us the big incident of the PPV, but yet again (as it so often does when stars 'reach down' for a title) it feels like it's at the expense of both the momentum the belts had gathered and the guys that, week in week out, work towards REACHING that particular plateau of their career.
Melina/McCool: Not bad, but someone needs to teach most of these gals how to build a match to a finish... Again, I was like "Oh, she just hit her finisher." Predictable result though. McCool needs to gain some weight or cover up a bit too - She looks like she'd break in half if Beth got hold of her!
Punk/Hardy: Enjoying the storyline, but expected better out of the match (Even though the false finish was well executed... They so often AREN'T.). However, please don't start saying Jeff needs a stip.... His 1-on-1 matches with HHH were all excellent.
Cena/Miz: The no-selling was horrible to watch and at times bordering on UltimteWarrior-like. Was a cheap win for Miz, or at the very least some succesfully employed heel tactics, REALLY too much to ask? I'd have to seriously question his credibility - even as a mid-carder - after this.
Orton/HHH: Firstly, I have no problem with the way they handled the first 2 falls... Made TOTAL storyline sense (and I've often wondered why we've not seen similar in other 2/3 fall environments.). The remainder of the match had it's moments, but overall pretty mediocre.

Sign of the night "Please, Vince... NO more Cena v Show"... HELL-FUCKIN'-YEAH!!!

Oh I have to mention this, the Vince/Teddy Long backstage segment was hilarious, it owned the shit out of what theyve been doing with Santino, Vince's mocking of Teddy's dancing :laugh:

chessarmy

People, all I'm asking is that if they want Punk as a heel, then fucking TURN HIM already, I hate this tweener shit. He's a world champion, the fans should either boo him or cheer him, right now they're making him look like a face in his promos yet he gets unfair victories (pinning someone after the damage was done on the 3 hour RAW, and now getting intentionally DQ'd at The Bash)