• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
No surprise with HHH and Heyman.

The WWE Champion and another fan favorite in Santino vs. Cody Rhodes and this "mega star" Daniel Bryan lost viewers which is really, really bad. Blame WWE for not putting much focus on the WWE Championship anymore. Another reason why WWE don't care about the divas division is because they DO NOT draw. The Make A Wish segment was not needed ans is basically WWE saying "Fuck you internet, Cena is never turning heel. EVER."

Kane vs Big Show and Johnny Ace is good and proves that Kane and Show draws whether you like it or not (they have for months, especially since Kane returned to the mask his segments are up.) I'm shocked about the tag match as Brodus usually draws, Kofi and Truth are fan favorites and Ziggler is liked by a lot of people for his talent. I guess it proves that noone cares about the tag team division because WWE don't care for it and only focus on the major parts of the show. If you push everything in the show like you used to, segments won't lose as much viewers.

Orton vs Jericho is a decent gain but no surprise. Don't care for Cena/Ace but of course Cena is gonna draw.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
HHH and Heyman brought it as did Ace/Show/Cena/Kane

Everyone else is disturbing

------

In the segment breakdown, the opener with Paul Heyman and Triple H started strong with a 3.32 quarter rating. CM Punk and Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan plus the Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox match lost 601,000 viewers. John Cena's Make-A-Wish segment lost 370,000 viewers and did the lowest rated quarter in months with a 2.64 rating.

Kane vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis firing Show gained 1,033,000 viewers for a 3.37 quarter rating. This was one of the best 10pm gains of the year for RAW. Brodus Clay, R-Truth and Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger lost 996,000 viewers.

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho gained 108,000 viewers and the closing segment with Cena and Laurinaitis gained 990,000 viewers for a 3.43 overrun rating. This was among the best overrun gains of the year.

In the Show-Laurinaitis segment that gained so well, Male Teens went from a 2.0 to 2.6 rating, Female Teens went from a 0.8 to a 1.0, Males 18-49 went from 2.2 to 2.9 and Women 18-49 went from a 1.0 to 1.3 rating.

In the Cena-Laurinaitis segment, Male Teens went from 1.3 to 2.1, Female Teens went from 0.7 to 0.9, Males 18-49 went from 2.5 to 3.3 and Women 18-49 went from a 1.1 to 1.3 rating.

How the hell did they manage this? I fell asleep.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Note how the segment after that, nearly a million people turned off Raw.

I guess people tuned in to see whats up, saw the horrible Big Show shit and said "fuck this noise, I'm out".

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Kane continues to show what a draw he is :p Other than Kane good ratings for HHH/Heyman and then for the over run but nothing else is good at all. Should be a massive hint to creative that they need to improve the writing of the overall show and that they can't survive on a couple of big moments for each show.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Kane continues to show what a draw he is :p Other than Kane good ratings for HHH/Heyman and then for the over run but nothing else is good at all. Should be a massive hint to creative that they need to improve the writing of the overall show and that they can't survive on a couple of big moments for each show.

If they keep running the company like it is now just surviving on one or two things on the show and not focusing on much of anything else. The company will slowly go downhill, and downhill. They need to focus on EVERYTHING of the show. Especially the WWE Championship, isn't that supposed to be the major thing in the company? Now it's treated as second fiddle compared to a match between Cena and a GM. WTF?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't mind if every now and then the WWE Championship plays second fiddle, moments like Rock/Cena and Lesnar/Cena are bigger than the title but stuff like Johnny Ace vs. Cena should never be pushed ahead of the WWE title. I hope that one day something will click within WWE and they will realise that even though they have no serious competition they need to be a strong company and need to start putting on good shows top to bottom each week. At the moment it seems like it is a chore for them to book four hours of RAW and Smackdown each week when if they actually had strong divisions with good storylines and feuds it would be easy to book each week.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If they keep running the company like it is now just surviving on one or two things on the show and not focusing on much of anything else. The company will slowly go downhill, and downhill. They need to focus on EVERYTHING of the show. Especially the WWE Championship, isn't that supposed to be the major thing in the company? Now it's treated as second fiddle compared to a match between Cena and a GM. WTF?
Maybe they just should pull the plug on Punk and Bryan and put them back down the card at some point. Then give the strap to Cena. You want the belt to be important, put it on a real champ who can sell b and c list challengers period

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Maybe they just should pull the plug on Punk and Bryan and put them back down the card at some point. Then give the strap to Cena. You want the belt to be important, put it on a real champ who can sell b and c list challengers period
Then all you're doing is making yourself stuck and even more fucked if Cena goes down or decides to hang it up because you're too dependent on one guy who even was losing rating during mania time if u wanna take ratings so seriously. You can make the world title more important by just focusing on it more and simply stop doing shit like putting it in the middle of the card and things of that nature. Nothing will ever move forward if you have the pull the rug mentality and go with whats safe. If that was the case to always go the supposed safe route a lot of stars wouldn't have got made.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Note how the segment after that, nearly a million people turned off Raw.

I guess people tuned in to see whats up, saw the horrible Big Show shit and said "fuck this noise, I'm out".
I think this is what exactly happened lol. Was just bad.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Then all you're doing is making yourself stuck and even more fucked if Cena goes down or decides to hang it up because you're too dependent on one guy who even was losing rating during mania time if u wanna take ratings so seriously. You can make the world title more important by just focusing on it more and simply stop doing shit like putting it in the middle of the card and things of that nature. Nothing will ever move forward if you have the pull the rug mentality and go with whats safe. If that was the case to always go the supposed safe route a lot of stars wouldn't have got made.
At the end of the day you got to call a spaid a spaid.

Bryan ain't a draw. Del Rio ain't a draw. Christian ain't a draw. Face Orton ain't a draw.

Punk as champion ain't good enough to hide the fact and keep people watching the line of b and c challengers like Cena could or Trips could or Dave could or Taker could ... Etc

You got to pull a rug out and let all the other assholes chase Cena at some point because he is the guy, clear cut, and the others have all been given a shot but not brought it or proven they deserve the ball including Punk. You gave Cena, HHH, Dave, Edge, and so on the ball and they ran with it. They gave Rey shit of a reign and midgard work but Rey still draws, same with Kane, and Show which means hey have IT and sometimes you got to know when to say some cats don't

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You're still not getting the point though of how are fans gonna get behind something and how is someone gonna be a rating draw if they know all you're gonna do is pull the rug and go back into safe mode where the ratings don't change that much if at all? Like in regards to Cena when they do the whole lets go back to him idea the ratings don't change much to warrent it as a panic move to make things all better because it's only one guy. Ratings to me are always a reflection of the show overall not just one guy even the champ. If that was the case wouldn't Rock's comeback made their ratings go way up instead of it not changing a thing or even seeing shit like Cena lose viewers during that Rock feud.

Point is you're never gonna have others draws if you're mindset is I'm gonna put this guy out here in a half ass feud and lets see how it does and pull the plug quick to go back to the same ole thing. Like I said when it comes to ratings to me it's the whole show and I think it's been proven with stuff like no matter who is champ on Smackdown it won't matter because as long as they keep half assing the show the rating result will be the same or worse.

Either way a rating isn't gonna help or hurt how I feel about the company or the wrestlers in it I just want a good show high rating or not.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mark Henry son ... Mark Henry.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Final 5/18 Smackdown Rating
This past Friday night's edition of WWE Smackdown, which was the go-home show for the Over the Limit PPV, finished with a 1.8 cable rating and took in an average of 2.803 million viewers. This is up slightly from the previous week's 1.72 cable rating.

Eh decent rating, at least it went up. Still think they should be hitting 1.9 or 2.0 tho like they were months ago. Such a shame though, remember when Smackdown drew in the 3s and Raw in the 7s? Oh the glory days.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Last night's Monday Night Raw, post Over The Limit Pay Per View, scored a 3.04 television rating. This number, while slightly low, is an improvement from last week's terrible 2.94 rating. Last week, CBS had their season Finale's of their popular comedy shows Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother.

This week, Raw was once again up against stiff competition, which included 8 million viewers tuning into Lakers/Thunder Game 5 of the NBA Western Conference Semifinals. This was almost double the number of viewers who tuned into Raw.

It should be noted that this was the lowest rating of Monday Night Raw of 2012 in the demographics in male 18-34 and 18-49. The second hour raked in 4.14 million viewers, as hour one produced 4.17 millions viewers.
Decent rating considering the competition.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They would be getting a lot more viewers if they reorganised the booking team and made the show about more than half a dozen people. Yes you need your maineventers but you also need a full roster to fill the rest of the show each week.