WWE Survivor Series Buyrate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wrestlezone said:
WWE's Survivor Series PPV in November drew an estimate of 212,000 buys. This is according to WWE's monthly business figures that were released Friday afternoon.

The event was in Indianapolis, and featured CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship. With a sudden change with two weeks until the event, WWE officials were skeptical as to how this would be viewed. Ryback's other main event billing was at Hell in a Cell in October, which drew just over 200,000 buys.

The 2010 Survivor Series drew 244,000 buys, and last year's was the return of The Rock inside the squared circle. The 2011 event drew 281,000 buys

They should have stuck to their guns and gone with Ryback vs. Punk for the title and then Cena vs. Ziggler. Now there is no clear indication of who drew what and so it is tough to figure out where the blame should go. Poor number overall for what is admittedly the lowest of the Big Four PPVs. If only WWE put the same effort into rebuilding and rebranding this PPV like they have done with the other big three to make it a big deal yet again.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That is a weak number epscially when you see the HITC number. It was a mistake messing with the six man, as it was planned origanally I think fans would hae been drawn in, but the change made it feel like same old same old.

AF.

Reaction score
I can't even name a match on this PPV other than Ryback/Punk/Cena. That's how little interest I had in it this year.

Survivor Series has more potential than the WWE think.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It does have a lot of potential but for whatever reason WWE hate it and don't want to push it. I don't know why they don't think that a ten match elimination match can't draw, in the end anything can draw it comes down to the booking of it.

AF.

Reaction score
I was watching Survivor Series 03 the other day and the WWE really went all out with that card. 2 elimination tag's (both extremely well done too with big names), an Ambulance match, a Buried alive match and a WWE Title match, it was quite a stacked card.

I know they don't have the depth to produce something like that again, but a little more effort and more meaningful matches with good build would be nice.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I was watching Survivor Series 03 the other day and the WWE really went all out with that card. 2 elimination tag's (both extremely well done too with big names), an Ambulance match, a Buried alive match and a WWE Title match, it was quite a stacked card.

I know they don't have the depth to produce something like that again, but a little more effort and more meaningful matches with good build would be nice.

Yeah it was a soild card, but they really over did it on the gimmick bouts, and HHH/Goldberg was a weak headliner.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The elimination tag they originally slated as headliner was infinitely more interesting than another Cena/Punk/Ryback mix, I was pissed off they changed it and didn't watch, not surprised nobody else did either.