Survivor Series WWE Survivor Series 2017: Confirmed & Rumored Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
survivorseries2017small.png
Confirmed Matches
  • Universal Champion Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. WWE Champion AJ STYYYYYLES!
  • Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair
  • Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Sheamus vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)
  • Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. United States Champion Baron Corbin
  • Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe, and Triple H) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, and John Cena)
  • Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Nia Jax, Asuka, Sasha Banks, and Bayley) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Carmella, ???, Naomi, and Tamina) (with Lana)
  • Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto
  • The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods)

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Out of all of these matches the one I am looking forward to most is the Usos vs The Shield. The two tag teams have been stealing the show almost every PPV with the New Day and The Bar respectfully and they all have great chemistry.

Also, I am secretly hoping for AJ Styles to take the WWE title from Jinder before the PPV and he faces Brock instead...

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'm also looking forward to the Tag Teams. Both are on fire right now. I fully expect this match to be a 5-star Tag Team match.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
apart from the "main event" it'll be an ok card. I was more hyped last year but that is because we got Lesnar vs Goldberg II even if it was a 1:34 squash, still got me hyped and talking afterwards leading us to a decent return at Wrestlemania between them.

Regarding champion vs champion matches (even if they are non-title) maybe its just me but perhaps "clash of champions" would have been a better fit for these matches instead of just the smackdown titles on that show which would be on the line regardless of ppv name.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
apart from the "main event" it'll be an ok card. I was more hyped last year but that is because we got Lesnar vs Goldberg II even if it was a 1:34 squash, still got me hyped and talking afterwards leading us to a decent return at Wrestlemania between them.

Regarding champion vs champion matches (even if they are non-title) maybe its just me but perhaps "clash of champions" would have been a better fit for these matches instead of just the smackdown titles on that show which would be on the line regardless of ppv name.
The problem is that "Clash of Champions" as a PPV didn't really catch on all that much. So, having Clash of Champions next to Survivor Series has an overlap. Since, the whole point of Suvivor Series is to be a mix of Bragging Rights, and Wrestlemania.

Bragging Rights was created for a specific storyline, including the Nexus invasion angle.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The problem is that "Clash of Champions" as a PPV didn't really catch on all that much. So, having Clash of Champions next to Survivor Series has an overlap. Since, the whole point of Suvivor Series is to be a mix of Bragging Rights, and Wrestlemania.

i get the overlap and get that they are merging bragging rights with survivor series which i think is the only way to keep the PPV alive and agree with raw vs smackdown. ill be surprised if the have clash of champions next year because being brand exclusive isn't the way to portray an event where off the name you could book champion vs champion unless you done like WWE champion vs United States champion in a title vs title match (which with Jinder & Corbin holding the belts is lose-lose as we'd see Jinder holding both belts the way things are going)

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
i get the overlap and get that they are merging bragging rights with survivor series which i think is the only way to keep the PPV alive and agree with raw vs smackdown. ill be surprised if the have clash of champions next year because being brand exclusive isn't the way to portray an event where off the name you could book champion vs champion unless you done like WWE champion vs United States champion in a title vs title match (which with Jinder & Corbin holding the belts is lose-lose as we'd see Jinder holding both belts the way things are going)
Exactly. That's what I meant in my post. They're not directly saying "It's Champion vs Champion" out loud, but a war between two brands, rather.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Updated the OP. All the matches should be here now.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Card went from shit to awesome in a matter of weeks.

:what:

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Card went from shit to awesome in a matter of weeks.

:what:
This is slowly becoming a theme with WWE PPVs and I'm not sure if I like it...because i do like complaining.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Also, I am secretly hoping for AJ Styles to take the WWE title from Jinder before the PPV and he faces Brock instead...

ALSO MY PREEMONEEETION CAME TRUE!

AHHHH YESSSSSAAAAHHHHH

tenor.gif